Group 7-day waking average?

Do you go to the Diabetes Centre at the Churchill? Brings back memories for me before I moved up here last year - if it is the Churchill I understand the need to work out where the coffee shop is now - I remember in the olden days when it was such a rabbit warren in there - before they built the new bit. Sorry your appointment was postponed x
It is indeed the Churchill, and I used to go to OCDEM up to about 2010, when I was referred back to my GP for all care, but I requested a re-referral in 2019 so I could get the Libre on prescription, but by the time that happened, so had Covid, so they’ve all been telephone appointments up to now. I'm in two minds about whether I actually need to be seen there, but I like to keep a foot in the door, as when I wanted to be re-referred for the Libre, by the time my GP surgery had messed up the referral, and I’d managed to get an appointment, then a wait for the actual OK to get the Libre funded, it took a whole extra year of me self funding.

Morning all - more tiresome drearyiness! Like @khskel I'd like to get into the garden but the lawn is just sodden.

3.7 at 7am and alarm screaming, took Dextro and half a cookie. 5.5 when I finally woke and no I haven't adjusted basal again - same as yesterday when I was 9.4. This is such a contrary disease! Oh well, maybe it was yesterday's exercise (though a walk round St Ives, despite the hills, is not what most people would call exercise!).

Not got much on today except a visit to the vampire at 4pm to see if my low sodium has resolved itself. Venison sausages and mediterranean roast veggies for dinner.

Congratulations to @Grannylorraine on yesterday's HS. Hope you feel better soon.

Congrats to @ColinUK and @Bloden for today's HSs.

Lovely photos again @eggyg. The one with Zara and Brian is worth framing!

Wondering how @Elenka_HM is doing today?

@Colin g get well soon.

Have a good day all!

Morning all, It's a 5.6 for me on another windy grey day......

Update on my quest for a treatment. I spoke to a lovely pharmacist who really seemed willing to help. @Pattidevans mentioned pharmacies are now able to prescribe antibiotics and there was a poster saying the same, including UTIs in the list of conditions. Unfortunately she couldn't prescribe them to me because they have to follow protocols and are only able to treat very basic and mild cases. Because of some of my answers to the mandatory questions, she had to refer me back to the GP. She even went with me to the surgery (that's next door) to see if that helped, bless her. The receptionist told me the same as in the morning, they don't have any appointments available today, but they did take a sample and said they are going to test it and call me back if I need antibiotics.

The receptionist said if I still feel I need to speak with a GP I should call first thing in the morning to try and get an appointment. I'm not sure if I should call. They already have the sample so what else is the GP going to do? Would you call?
not sure it it would help but my doctor perscribed me antibiotics while waiting for my water sample to come back, i assume it was to stop it getting worse, ended up with 3 different courses before it eventually went

I stopped buying Actimel when i was diognosed might give this ne a try
try making kefir, a natural probiotic made from full-fat milk. I've been using the same grains for years. It's started off in the ambient (cool temps) then transferred to the fridge to finish off, gives it a nice tingly bite due to the created-in-situ, and so dissolved, CO2.
I have 1/3 of a pint of it per 2 days, flavoured with a teaspoon of strawberry or raspberry coulis frozen from previous harvests.
I'd never buy stuff like actimel. Way too expensive for me, for what it is. Also it's very sweet (last had it years ago though, it might be different now).

I have arthritis in both shoulders and rotator cuff disease in both shoulders,
I feel for you! I had a suspected rotator cuff injury in one shoulder this time last year. Whilst waiting for an ultrasound I had naproxen but saw a chiropractor independently as well as doing a self referral to a physiotherapist. Not sure which one worked the best, maybe a combination of the two with regular exercises! By the time I had my ultrasound appointment some 18 weeks later (!) everything had settled down again. It turned out to be a combination of some arthritis and impingement of nerves. I found that alternating between cold packs (to reduce inflammation) and heat (to promote blood flow and healing) seemed to help along with the exercises. But, at the end of the day wear and tear cannot be fixed. At least I’ve been pain free for the last 9 months! Good luck and I wish you all the best to get as pain free as possible!

4.9 this morning for me.

Bit blustery here today, no doubt building up to the snow we are forecast overnight Thursday! Great, just in time for
us going over to Ireland on Friday - just hope they’re wrong with the forecast!

Congratulations @ColinUK and @Bloden for today’s HS.

Take care everyone!

5.3 then 5.9 fotf then 6.6 30 mins later then 6.1 at breakfast (smoked kippers, grilled tomato, scrambled egg, coffee. it's been ages, maybe years since i've had smoked kippers for breakfast) then 6.9 1 hr 10 mins later

5.3 then 5.9 fotf then 6.6 30 mins later then 6.1 at breakfast (smoked kippers, grilled tomato, scrambled egg, coffee. it's been ages, maybe years since i've had smoked kippers for breakfast) then 6.9 1 hr 10 mins later
I still had to whack the incipient bg increase with insulin. having something to eat within an hr of waking up, ideally 0-carb, seems to either delay or eliminate the liver dump thing. Additionally, it's much less steep since changing basal from first thing in the morning to last thing at night

Good day folks! A nice 5'7.
not sure it it would help but my doctor perscribed me antibiotics while waiting for my water sample to come back, i assume it was to stop it getting worse

Yes, I think I might have a similar situation. Following general forum consensus and my own gut, I did call this morning. I felt much better but I knew if I got worse and called later in the day there would be no appointments left 🙄 They told me they have "some" results from my sample and it has been send for further tests, which might take a bit longer, but a doctor will call me today and can prescribe me something. What time will be that call, well...that's anyone's guess. That's been my life the past 3 days lol.

I started having symptoms almost a week ago so I'd prefer not waiting longer, I worry about complications.

I do feel good enough to go back to work this evening. Luckily this is a quiet time for the business and I just have a couple of evenings shifts scheduled, no full days. So won't be such a big transition from staying all day sitting (okay, that's been just 2 days but they felt sooo long). Maybe I treat myself to a taxi instead of walking there, to save some energy :confused:

@eggyg congratulations to you and your daughter on baby Eden. The pictures are beautiful and I love how Zara is so smiley in all of them!

So I've got no walking reading today as I've actually been to sleep last night I ended going to a and e again it was to do with chest but more of burning sensation again I spoke to 111 and they wanted send an ambulance which u did feel bad about that anyway a paramedic car arrived at. 5 to 2. The paramedic did some checks said it's sounds likely to be avoided relax but as the pain was quite bad at time the advice was to get checked out at the hospital and took md in car. where did checked another ECG and blood tests. I have felt odd things since getting back including ferry pause slightly weirdly and feel fast in my arm at random times. But if my heating was fine when they checked it with the ECG it's not going all of sudden not being the next day. Even if it was quite a few hours ago(i think around 3am was when the ECG was taken).

I have ended up on a a and e quite a few times over the last few months each time I was advised to go buy can find myself feeling guilty for me.

Good day folks! A nice 5'7.

Yes, I think I might have a similar situation. Following general forum consensus and my own gut, I did call this morning. I felt much better but I knew if I got worse and called later in the day there would be no appointments left 🙄 They told me they have "some" results from my sample and it has been send for further tests, which might take a bit longer, but a doctor will call me today and can prescribe me something. What time will be that call, well...that's anyone's guess. That's been my life the past 3 days lol.

I started having symptoms almost a week ago so I'd prefer not waiting longer, I worry about complications.

I do feel good enough to go back to work this evening. Luckily this is a quiet time for the business and I just have a couple of evenings shifts scheduled, no full days. So won't be such a big transition from staying all day sitting (okay, that's been just 2 days but they felt sooo long). Maybe I treat myself to a taxi instead of walking there, to save some energy :confused:
I had exactly the same told me that some results had come back the board spectrum wasn't strong enough so had to take 2 more courses I was quite ill to begin with but at least you will have some antibiotics to start today I hope they help you I now take Cranberry extract to help prevent another attack

Hey everyone! I got the antibiotics!

Well... technically I've got the prescription for the antibiotics. I called again one hour before the surgery closing, not having received a call yet, and not wanting to repeat the process tomorrow. Found out the GP tried to call earlier (not much earlier tho) and it got straight to voicemail. I don't know why, I had my phone stuck to me on full volume for the past 3 days and it didn't rang. Anyway, he eventually called back and asked a couple questions, including how is my blood sugar (must have read the notes of my T1D), and said he would send the prescription to the pharmacy. Of course by then my taxi had arrived and the pharmacy closed 30 minutes later, so I couldn't get the meds today.

I wanted to ask what they found in my sample but with the excitement of finally getting the call and the rush to get to work, I forgot. Do you think this data would be available for me in the NHS app, or maybe when they have the full results from the lab? I guess I could ring the surgery to ask, but to be honest, I am done with phone calls :D

PS: maybe I sound a bit dramatic with the call thing, but I find a lot of my generation dread calls (while loving our phones). I'm worried that so much of the healthcare is through the phone now, because I believe some people would rather let their organs fall apart than calling a doctor twice.

Back