Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 🙂 9.1 here. It makes no sense whatsoever - fasting hypos all week then a 9.1. No wonder people feel ground down by their diabetes! Roll on switching to HCL (although I’m not convinced the tech will be able to cope either LOL:rofl:).

It’s wild out there. Try to keep both feet on the ground, folks. :D😱

Good morning! Pleasanyly surprised with a 6.1 today. I had a bad "aura" migraine yesterday afternoon that lasted to early evening so I just laid slightly raised with a (sick) bowl on the bed. Couldn't face eating so just had 50% of my Actrapid and 60% of my |Isophane. Only had a diet coke and rich tea before taking phantom pain meds at 10:00.

Easy day as feel a bit washed out.

Grey and wet just how I feel! :(

I wonder if these things could potentially interafire with blood readings too). But looks like I can go by dexcom again.
Interestingly I found this on the mainfactoutirs of my new meter about what could potentially affect readings. So I wonder if different things I was taking could have caused problems(and I was there gumbllely saying I'm not sure how reailble it is). Problem is those things help sometimes.

Most people with diabetes will have normal haematocrit (red blood cell count), but certain groups (i.e. patients who live at different altitudes, smokers, those with renal failure) may have significant haematocrit alterations which can cause serious errors in blood glucose measurement. Haematocrit levels can vary from person to person, throughout the day and also be affected by medicines and supplements

Morning all

A flat 5 today, woke up with a headache after being awake a lot in the night with pain in my right hip and thigh alternating with pain. across my lower back. apart from shopping yesterday I sat on the sofa all day so no idea what I have done. Off out for a walk and coffee with friends this morning. When I get back I will start making Hyggeboiler for Bakeclub tomorrow, them is Scandi bakes, so I googled as I didn’t want to make anything sweet and came up it’s this which is rolls with ham and cheese baked into them, going to be interesting to see how they turn out as bread is not something I make very often. All that will be followed by housework that I didn’t do yesterday. Hubby is off Monday so he is on bathroom duty tomorrow.

Afternoon all. I’ve had another lie in! Unfortunately it’s led to a higher BG, 7.3 but an overall unicorn. Can’t grumble.

Had a good day yesterday, we tackled the girls’ bedroom, it’s just been a dumping ground since Christmas, boxes everywhere etc. it’s now all sorted, old games ( we still have a Trivial Pursuit from the early 80s, “ What number Coronation Street does Elsie Tanner live in?” sort of questions!) all packed away. Baby toys out from storage in preparation. Then Mr Eggy cleaned the carpet with our brand new Vax. I sorted some books out, last January I got rid of 500! Don’t want them to get that bad again. Very satisfying day even though my back was a bit achy and the peas had to come out of retirement.

Today we’re hunkering down, a bit of reading/music/telly. Then it all starts again tomorrow.

@ColinUK this forum is our faith, and we’re all here for you.

Have the best day all and stay safe.

Interestingly I found this on the mainfactoutirs of my new meter about what could potentially affect readings. So I wonder if different things I was taking could have caused problems(and I was there gumbllely saying I'm not sure how reailble it is). Problem is those things help sometimes.

Most people with diabetes will have normal haematocrit (red blood cell count), but certain groups (i.e. patients who live at different altitudes, smokers, those with renal failure) may have significant haematocrit alterations which can cause serious errors in blood glucose measurement. Haematocrit levels can vary from person to person, throughout the day and also be affected by medicines and supplements
Athough I seen something on the top of this page that makes me question that company

Itssay saying the rules were be withen 15% of numbers of above 4.2 but I'm sure there were certain rules for numbers below that too. Perhaps I'm over thinking things and perhaps I can contact them asking about things.

"Factors Affecting Accuracy | Blood Sugar Machine | GlucoRx" https://www.glucorx.co.uk/diabetes/factors-affecting-accuracy/

What number Coronation Street does Elsie Tanner live in?”
Number 11 and 5.4 for me this morning. 🙂A positively warm 6°c outside (but raining).

Dez

Morning a 7.2 for me.Must show more willpower when the bakers privilege Scone suddenly appears on my plate before bedtime and I choose to eat it rather than leave it for the Birdies breakfast.
I felt guilty all night.
Anyway another Trip to Craft centre after our successful shopping trip yesterday to buy a triple larder pantry unit to give us even more kitchen storage space.
You know the kind of shopping where you can get the style right but not the right colour but eventually we made a choice.
Booked dogs in for their holiday whilst we choose a March break for wife’s birthday and will take one dog with us so any suggestions for a nice dog friendly break in Yorkshire or Midlands.
Enjoyed our November trip to Kirkby Lonsdale and that type of choice would be perfect but just want to try somewhere different.
Ideally a nice pub with good food and dog friendly in a nice market town.
Anyway good day all

Good morning - 5.8

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning.

I’ve had a break from the forum for a while, had a really difficult few couple months with my ME/CFS and a combination of that and my autism kept getting me into trouble on the forum for being too blunt in my replies and upsetting people.

Undecided on whether to return regularly again but have been reading recently and there have been some interesting posts on diabetes type. I’ve also had an interesting conversation on that myself this week (if you remember many months ago I had cpeptide and antibody tests) so I thought I’d say hello

About 7 this morning but I’ve also started the tier 3 weight management programme 2 weeks ago and am following the diet so it’s off up with the porridge and banana spike currently.

Last edited:
Good morning.

I’ve had a break from the forum for a while, had a really few couple months with my ME/CFS and a combination of that and my autism kept getting me into trouble on the forum for being too blunt in my replies and upsetting people.

Undecided on whether to return regularly again but have been reading recently and there have been some interesting posts on diabetes type. I’ve also had an interesting conversation on that myself this week (if you remember many months ago I had cpeptide and antibody tests) so I thought I’d say hello

About 7 this morning but I’ve also started the tier 3 weight management programme 2 weeks ago and am following the diet so it’s off up with the porridge and banana spike currently.
Hope that you do return to posting as think loads of people get great support in here and it is very welcoming.
You have made the point about “your autism getting you into trouble in the past” and we should all be tolerant and respectful of anyone that is affected by any condition.
We should all better understand how this may affect how people come across and make relevant allowances whilst appreciating how polarised debate can become of upset is caused.
Hope your break went well but hope you come back.

Hope that you do return to posting as think loads of people get great support in here and it is very welcoming.
You have made the point about “your autism getting you into trouble in the past” and we should all be tolerant and respectful of anyone that is affected by any condition.
We should all better understand how this may affect how people come across and make relevant allowances whilst appreciating how polarised debate can become of upset is caused.
Hope your break went well but hope you come back.
Thanks, I haven’t got enough fingers to count the amount of times my autism has got me into trouble here but I do enjoy reading at least so will do that. In time I may start some threads sharing the recent conversation on my diabetes type and how the tier 3 weight management program is going.

Morning all. 4.0 though libre showed a hypo despite earlier JBs. Not much planned for today, i need a good rest so a soak in the bath, reading my book, catching up on some tv and doing mums washing ready to take back to hospital tomorrow.

@ColinUK (((HUGS)))

@eggyg congrats on the unicorn. Sounds like you had a satisfying day clearing out the room. I cleared our loft a while back. There was so much rubbish we'd kept for some reason.

rolls with ham and cheese baked into them,
They sound delicious. Where did you find the recipe?

@ColinUK this forum is our faith, and we’re all here for you
Here here

Have a peaceful Sunday everyone.

Good morning.

I’ve had a break from the forum for a while, had a really few couple months with my ME/CFS and a combination of that and my autism kept getting me into trouble on the forum for being too blunt in my replies and upsetting people.

Welcome back!

You used to have a bit in your signature about having autism, and something like hoping people wouldn't be offended if your replies seemed blunt - can't remember the exact wording - and I think that was helpful especially with newer members who might not know or remember your history?

Morning everyone

A happy 5.9 for me this wild and windy morning. Hopefully collecting my good lady from the hospital today after having a hip replacement last Thursday.
Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Morning all. Bit warmer today I think. Not measuring as I'm being a nomad again and I never think to take stuff with me.

@Lucyr Who told you about the autism? Nobody's told me but I know I am. It was a relief, I just thought I was stupid. :rofl:

Back