Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 5.4 and an overnight flat fish.

Last day of the holiday today. Yesterday we did walk up High Cliff and as predicted it was very, very blustery. We ate our lunch on the thoughtfully placed bench at the top and walked back the way we came. No onward walk to Boscastle, we didn’t want to be blown off into the Atlantic, like Mr Eggy’s cap. See picture below, should make you smile. 4.5 miles 670ft of elevation.

It rained heavily all night and is noticeably cooler this morning. We’re just going to pack and load as much into the car as we can today as forecast is for torrential rain and very gusty winds first thing tomorrow. A tidy through, I usually leave our holiday accommodation cleaner and tidier than it was when we arrived! Then if the rain stays off, we’ll have a final wander down to the beach. Looking forward to going home now as I always do, even after a fabulous holiday. It’s true, there’s no place like home.

Have a good day.

Attachments

• E5473D7B-BA10-48E4-A7AB-AC8AA4C95F1C.jpeg
    E5473D7B-BA10-48E4-A7AB-AC8AA4C95F1C.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 18
  • B37421B6-2EC2-4ED4-BCC0-7DA6763BCEF5.jpeg
    B37421B6-2EC2-4ED4-BCC0-7DA6763BCEF5.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 15
  • AA26F24D-5BCA-42BA-B43E-70E1361AC68D.jpeg
    AA26F24D-5BCA-42BA-B43E-70E1361AC68D.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 18
  • FA5C1906-BC84-4FF9-8A0E-A9702806AE8B.jpeg
    FA5C1906-BC84-4FF9-8A0E-A9702806AE8B.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 18
@Kaylz good to hear from you and sorry you're having such a bad time.

5.1 for me today. 🙂

Dez

It was 4.9 although it was a forced wake up because I had set my alarm to to go off at at some point yesterday so had a little gamble at myself.

Morning all. Mid 9s this morning. After yesterday's stubborn hypo i spiked and stayed high until bedtime when i dropped to mid 5s. Had a spoonful of peanut butter but then ended up just over 10 all night.
Funnily enough, my late night snack that had me in the 9s all night involved a spoonful of peanut butter.

6.9 this morning, got a day of waiting for the nurse to ring up - we did a blood test on Tuesday to see how my body's reacting to medication, no idea if this is a normal or idiosyncratic thing my local health centre does - and then taking an advantage of the lack of rain the Met Office is alleging by going for a long walk. Should be enjoyable.

Sorry to hear about your aunt, @MikeyBikey.

A wet and miserable start to the day here too, although it was only a light drizzle when my wife and I wandered down to Morrisons to pick up the newspapers. Total absence of sunshine in the forecast but not cold, though it will be come the weekend apparently. 5.7 when I tested, pretty much where it's been stuck for the last week or so.

Swim day, otherwise nothing special planned, and fortunately my wife has decided to WFH today so I won't have to use the bus. Will most likely have to get on with painting the kitchen ceiling as I won't be doing anything outside. Sooner it's done the better, I suppose.

Our bathroom fitter popped round yesterday evening to investigate where the water's coming from that's causing the damp patch on our lounge ceiling. Bath & shower are currently out of bounds. Decided that the side panel on the bath needs to come off so he can take a look at the outlet pipe underneath, which he'll do sometime in the next couple of days. Just as well that we have a shower room as well as the shower over the bath.

@MikeyBikey sorry to hear your news

@Kaylz I'm surprised there's no one covering for your absent housing officer

@eggyg glad you enjoyed your time in Cornwall

Hope the weather doesn't spoil anyone's plans for the day.

A wet and miserable start to the day here too,

@MikeyBikey sorry to hear your news

Thank you for your kind thoughts. Sadly I hadn't seen her in years. I had a visit planned (she lived abroad) for autumn 2019 and it was suggested I wait for the spring and Covid/amputation happened.

I look on the rain as tears from heaven...

Morning all - another grey day.

3.9 this morning and no alarm as the phone had run out of charge. Fixed easily with a Dextro tab and a biscuit.

Visit to the dental hygienist this afternoon and pub quiz at the local tonight.

All this talk about dryers. I must confess I rarely hang washing out and use the condenser tumble dryer for all bedding and towels. There is a flock of flying rats.... er seagulls that live on the roof of a nearby building. The last time I put washing out I had to re-wash 2/3rds of it - 2 machine loads as it was a dark wash and a white wash. Anyway, I hate the way towels feel so hard when dried on the line. Must say that stuff dries overnight on an ordinary non-electric drying rack - our house is very warm, being a new build and extremely well insulated.

Sorry for your loss @MikeyBikey

Forgot to say congrats to @Grannylorraine on your weightloss yesterday.

@Kaylz, lovely to see you again, but so sorry to hear of your troubles.

@ColinUK, good luck with the meeting today.

@eggyg do come to Cornwall again - would be lovely to meet up another time.

Have a good day all....

A 6.2 for me this morning, been in and out to town and it’s not even lunchtime yet.

Hope you all have a wonderful day in the drizzly times :D

@eggyg do come to Cornwall again - would be lovely to meet up another time.
I’ll need about two years to recover! And I don’t mean from our lovely lunch!
I’m booking Norfolk or the Netherlands for our next walking holiday. 😉 ( That’s after our next one in six weeks time to the Lake District, more blooming hills!) 😱

And it was a happy 5.4 for me earlier on this wet morning.

Meeting over. Four hours. I’m exhausted. I’ve also ordered pizza.

Meeting over. Four hours. I’m exhausted. I’ve also ordered pizza.
Sounds like you've earned it. Enjoy. I'm envious - I haven't dared eat pizza since I was diagnosed. Pepperoni was my favourite, especially a Domino's deep pan.

5.1 for me this morning. Late posting as had phone call that hubby was being discharged from hospital following heart valve replacement surgery and pacemaker fitting
rushing to put things in place
deciphering medication and pacemaker monitor instructions.
They told him but not me …..
no luck with monitor so will have to ring hospital tomorrow

Back