Group 7-day waking average?

5.7 this morning.

Felt quite wound up and tense/unsettled over the weekend for some reason, not sure why. Enjoyed our Saturday trip to Biddulph Grange NT after successfully getting my wife’s walking boots we had left on the boat back in June! It felt odd to go on board when it wasn’t “our week”, but no problems at all.

Spent yesterday working on our plan for Australia once we retire. Hoping to go next March / April time. It’s starting to come together now and we have booked time next Saturday with our travel agent to discuss some tweaks to help get the itinerary in shape. Although exciting, it’s scary on several counts : retiring with its changes, the cost of the trip (!), doing a motorhome as part of the trip (never done that before and although I like the thought of freedom to stop anyway, it doesn’t quite sit well with my need to plan!), leaving the house empty for so long (we’re up to around 40 days now in total), etc. I should be excited about it all, but just feel a little overwhelmed to be honest at the moment.

Congratulations to @gll and @RichardsUsername on your HS today!

@rebrascora I hope MeMe is ok and you find your keys!

@eggyg - Project Greenhouse is really looking great now!

Have a good day everyone!
I love planning holidays. Once a travel agent always a travel agent. We travelled around Europe for five weeks in 2019. It was a pre 60th birthday and Ruby Wedding trip, we had our middle daughters’s wedding the following July, she was actually getting married on our anniversary. Obviously the wedding didn’t go ahead on that date, but I’m so pleased we got our holiday in before Covid struck.
We booked our outbound ferry, our first stop, Giverny, a week in Tuscany, three days with family in The Midi Pyrenees and three days in Como, before we left, the rest we just booked en route. We got braver and braver as the weeks went on, and only booked our return ferry the day before. it was an absolutely amazing trip and we loved it and have the most amazing memories. You will love it. I must admit leaving the house was a tad worrying but our next door neighbours had our phone numbers and we told our across the road neighbours as they would soon see if anything was amiss. Our girls would nip in weekly too. You will love it.

Just seen this - where in Cornwall will you be based? See above about Budapest.
We’re staying in Crackington Haven, between Bude and Boscastle. We could meet maybe? We’ve booked two weeks from 29th September. Just booked it last week after getting back from Blackpool! I wonder why? :rofl:

We’re staying in Crackington Haven, between Bude and Boscastle. We could meet maybe? We’ve booked two weeks from 29th September. Just booked it last week after getting back from Blackpool! I wonder why? :rofl:
Hmmm… 29th September for two weeks you say?

<runs off to check calendar and see if there’s any way I could find time to head west late Sept/early October >

And yesterday I booked a getaway! In September I’m heading to Kraków.

I’ve splashed a bit on the hotel in case I’m overwhelmed or just don’t want to venture out. I was getting stressed worrying about what would happen if I booked a cheap, no frills, room and didn’t feel comfortable there but needed to cocoon. So spending the extra is worth it I think, especially as the rooms at this hotel are soundproof, quite large and very well reviewed on trip advisor.

I’ve got a couple of things booked already but the rest of the idea is just to relax and recharge.
I’ll have that for one day if i win the pools. Always wanted to go and see the soldiers march . They
march differently from our guards . Obviously , well there is nothing like men in uniform for some woman lol . Have a great time. Lots of new buildings to photograph etc
oh just to be away should be nice . Something to look forward too.

No children this time ? …

Morning (just). :D 5.6 here.

Wow, what an exciting footie match yesterday - I only managed the highlights (not enough insulin in the fridge to cover 90-minutes-worth of excitement!). Don't know if they showed it on the UK news, but they had Queen Leticia on the pitch afterwards, jumping up n down with the Spanish squad - couldn't imagine Charles doing that (mind you, he is a little older than the Spanish queen). o_O😛

Morning (just). :D 5.6 here.

Wow, what an exciting footie match yesterday - I only managed the highlights (not enough insulin in the fridge to cover 90-minutes-worth of excitement!). Don't know if they showed it on the UK news, but they had Queen Leticia on the pitch afterwards, jumping up n down with the Spanish squad - couldn't imagine Charles doing that (mind you, he is a little older than the Spanish queen). o_O😛
Maybe another time but the Spanish played well and fought well. Not impressed its getting like the lads more fouls than good clean play. I am a bad loser sorry but proud the team got that far. However only for Goalkeeper Mary Earps, glad she got her accolade. A person we should be proud off she is “Fabulous”.

Is there heck! Two nights was bad enough. Two weeks would tip us right over the edge. :rofl:
well you did ask Why lol

I love planning holidays. Once a travel agent always a travel agent. We travelled around Europe for five weeks in 2019. It was a pre 60th birthday and Ruby Wedding trip, we had our middle daughters’s wedding the following July, she was actually getting married on our anniversary. Obviously the wedding didn’t go ahead on that date, but I’m so pleased we got our holiday in before Covid struck.
We booked our outbound ferry, our first stop, Giverny, a week in Tuscany, three days with family in The Midi Pyrenees and three days in Como, before we left, the rest we just booked en route. We got braver and braver as the weeks went on, and only booked our return ferry the day before. it was an absolutely amazing trip and we loved it and have the most amazing memories. You will love it. I must admit leaving the house was a tad worrying but our next door neighbours had our phone numbers and we told our across the road neighbours as they would soon see if anything was amiss. Our girls would nip in weekly too. You will love it.
Thank you! I normally love the planning and already have a nice colour-coded spreadsheet, but I think it’s more tied up to the retirement that has spooked me! I’m sure we will have a great time and the plan is to retire at the end of December then go in March, so by then we should be a bit more settled with retirement and able to enjoy ourselves more.

Delighted to report I have found my keys. They had been stood on and were embedded into the ground a bit but being a hefty bunch they were still visible and glinting in the afternoon sun. when I got close enough to spot them. MeMe followed me back and forth across the field looking for them like she was my shadow, bless her! She seems fine still so I am heading off for that much needed nap now. UPS delivery got postponed until tomorrow but at least I am not having to stay awake waiting for them to arrive late..... May get a second bite at the cherry for a House Special today. 😉

Thank you! I normally love the planning and already have a nice colour-coded spreadsheet, but I think it’s more tied up to the retirement that has spooked me! I’m sure we will have a great time and the plan is to retire at the end of December then go in March, so by then we should be a bit more settled with retirement and able to enjoy ourselves more.
It was the best thing we ever done. The first year was pretty rubbish as Mr Eggy spent a lot of time in hospital ( four heart attacks on top of the two he’d already had before retiring) and then recovering. No holidays that year. Procedure to sort him out a year after retiring, and we’ve never looked back. We don’t have time to go to work and I can’t be done with rushing about on a morning anymore. When would I get Wordle done? 😉

It was the best thing we ever done. The first year was pretty rubbish as Mr Eggy spent a lot of time in hospital ( four heart attacks on top of the two he’d already had before retiring) and then recovering. No holidays that year. Procedure to sort him out a year after retiring, and we’ve never looked back. We don’t have time to go to work and I can’t be done with rushing about on a morning anymore. When would I get Wordle done? 😉
Everyone who has retired that we know all say it’s the best thing. Sorry you had a rocky start with Mr Eggy, but at least all is good now!

Everyone who has retired that we know all say it’s the best thing
We have 4 years 5 months and 27 days until we can retire, not that i'm counting :rofl: . Thats assuming we have enough saved to support ourselves until we get the state pension. Maybe i should do the lottery this weekend :confused:, you never know. It seems a long time away though.

We have 4 years 5 months and 27 days until we can retire, not that i'm counting :rofl: . Thats assuming we have enough saved to support ourselves until we get the state pension. Maybe i should do the lottery this weekend :confused:, you never know. It seems a long time away though.
When we retired we had nine years until our state pension. Now it’s “only” three years! Time flies when you’re having fun.

We could have a mini meet.
I looked. There’s some lovely places between Bude and Boscastle and they’re well priced for the two days I could do. However I also looked at getting there. Four and a bit hours on the train. Then an hour on the first bus and an hour on the second!
I think I’ll pass this time 🙂

Back