Group 7-day waking average?

Good Morning. F2F was 11 this morning and now I take it before my coffee. I have been up and can't wait to have breakfast to take it and its now 14.3.
Why does it go up when I have not taken anything or done anything just sat and stroked the cat and read?

Yesterday I was up and down with it too.
F2f 13.6 This is good it's getting in the right direction compared to 15 and 17's before
breakfast 13.5 stayed almost the same.
after 14.00 happy
Lunch before 10.2
after 10.5 delighted
Dinner b 11.11
After 12.5
So all in all a good improvement but then f2f 11 I was saying good but not eaten and its 14.3. and I don't do anything.
Is this how it should go?

Last edited:
Are you Missing Dawn?
Found 3 days ago but we can't accommodate her any longer.
Claim her today on 0800 GOAWAYDAWN

15.something 🙄
Correction in, not far off range again.

Hope you all have an awesome day today.

Didn’t get chance to post yesterday- it was 4.6. Today is 5.8.

Lovely time with friends all day Saturday, visit to Hidcote gardens yesterday, lovely weather in the morning, but the gardens were showing signs of rain damage and also a lot of the plants were definitely past their best. Quite disappointing really as I had remembered Hidcote as having lovely neat but full borders.

Back at work today, really thinking that I’ve had enough and the weekends are so short!

Have a good day everyone!

Morning

6.6 today, but not waking reading as I left my meter downstairs so a bit of moving before reading.

todays plans are work and running this evening. Currently lovely and sunny and feels a lovely temperature, we had about 10 mins of rain yesterday during the day, the rest of the day was lovely.

Good morning. 6.4.

Forecast heavy rain which I am not looking forward to. Spent yesterday afternoon pootling round the coast with an old friend. We found one property of a little interest only a few minutes drive from them but on checking "onthemarket" with a very silly asking price. It will be interesting to see if it sells.

Think I will go raid Mr Tesco today - I had vaguely planned on strimming round my young trees but think the back needs a few more days off.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning all. 🙂 6.4 here.

You’re going in the right direction @Nayshiftin which is great! (I’m T1 so can’t give any advice, sorry).

Had a lovely weekend in Bristol at a family reunion. Saw people I hadn’t seen, well, since the last one 8 years ago. Bloden hates crowds, so she hid under a bush in the garden all day long. And Gwen’s so cute all the children wanted to give her a cuddle but she hates strangers, hahaha, poor dab. It was like the chase scene from Benny Hill! The highlight was a table football competition - my and my partner, Jean (my French cousin’s six-foot son) made it to the final, but my cousin Adam (very competitive all-round sportsman) and his daughter crushed us. Boo hoo. 🙂

5.6 for me this dull and wet Monday morning. 🙂

Dez

Last edited:
Life's kicking my butt a bit atm. But I need to remember that measuring daily really is helping me to understand what food does to me. So I am back to daily measuring. Today 2.9. Going to have some breakfast. I am doing a DESMOND course next week, so I hope that will help some more.
Happy Monday all.

5.8 on this bright and sunny Berkshire morning. My wife is WFH today so we strolled down to Morrison's before breakfast to pick up some things for lunch and a newspaper. Breakfast done - one Weetabix with a mix of berries and some Greek yogurt - so I'll shortly be settling down with a coffee to read it. In other words my regular start to the day.

Nothing special planned but Monday is change bedding day so hopefully it'll stay dry so I can get the 3 sets out on the line. Cut the grass yesterday evening - more accurately, I cut the daisies and buttercups - but still have a bit of tidying up to do, and although the cricket's finished a day early there's still Wimbledon.

Hope it goes well at Podiatry @MikeyBikey

Have a good start to the week, everyone.

Morning all.
I’m joining @harbottle yet again with another 4.9. this fine sunny morning.

I’m thinking I might just treat myself to a haircut at the barbers today, I’ve been cutting my own hair for years now so it’s long overdue.

Have a good day all and stay safe.

Morning all. 🙂 6.4 here.

You’re going in the right direction @Nayshiftin which is great! (I’m T1 so can’t give any advice, sorry).

Had a lovely weekend in Bristol at a family reunion. Saw people I hadn’t seen, well, since the last one 8 years ago. Bloden hates crowds, so she hid under a bush in the garden all day long. And Gwen’s so cute all the children wanted to give her a cuddle but she hates strangers, hahaha, poor dab. It was like the chase scene from Benny Hill! The highlight was a table football competition - my and my partner, Jean (my French cousin’s six-foot son) made it to the final, but my cousin Adam (very competitive all-round sportsman) and his daughter crushed us. Boo hoo. 🙂
Thanks for the encouragement. Yes I am going in the right direction which is what matters. im going ti keep going and “Try” to stop overthinking it.

Kidney function & liver function tests done last night as I had a whole day of pain, felt completely drained & then, had the BIGGEST MASSIVE adrenaline rush I’ve ever had in my life! Startled everyone in the hospital ward as they all came running! It was AMAZING in one sense that all the pain just disappeared & I literally felt like SUPERWOMAN! BUT, I couldn’t stop it & every time I felt tired more adrenaline was released & it kept happening until I couldn’t release anymore! Then, all the pain returned! Took me for an xray afterwards & I was DRAINED on the bed for how long? before I was taken down & back up to the ward. Spent all night trying to keep my heart rate down & more blood tests first thing this morning!

Doctors’ rounds this morning & now that we have figured out a new insulin routine that works I can be discharged today as results come through.

The routine may change as & when but, for now it works!

Will face & fix what’s wrong once I know!

Edited to add:- New routine is 88 tresiba 36, 20 & 20 NR an hour after eating!

Morning all,. Wind and heavy rain this morning.

4.7 this morning. Quite happy with that! Did nothing much yesterday except sit in the garden snoozing and reading. Oh and a trip to B&M to acquire a Russell Hobbs iron they had on offer.... see pic of the inside of the old iron. How on earth did it get like that? This is a soft water area.... Anyway, today's weather is ideal for attacking the pile of ironing that is still sitting there from when we get home from holiday 10 days ago.

Expecting a phone call from the nurse at the GP's who "sees the diabetics" for my review. Not really that interested as I am looked after by the consultant and DSNs at the pump clinic and I'm due for my review there next month.

@MikeyBikey keeping my fingers crossed for your visit to the podiatrist.

Why does it go up when I have not taken anything or done anything just sat and stroked the cat and read?
@Nayshiftin, that's called Dawn Phenomenon or Foot on the Floor (FTF). Happens to most of us. See https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/group-7-day-waking-average.20148/page-5151#post-1274810
So I am back to daily measuring. Today 2.9. Going to have some breakfast. I am doing a DESMOND course next week, so I hope that will help some more.
@HappySJ Are you on any diabetes meds? 2.9 is quite a low hypo.

@Lanny - whilst I hope you can be discharged today, I also hope they can sort out why you had that adrenalin surge. It doesn't sound like a good experience at all.

Hope everyone has a happy Monday.

Attachments

• IMG_20230709_150816213.jpg
    IMG_20230709_150816213.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 14
A very dark, cold, good morning everyone. What a change from really hot to blustery cold wet. Hmmm

Anyway... BG 5.2 yesss I've been dancing around that number for a while
BP 119/73
Pulse 53

Today, a lot more music sheet conversions, a bit of practice, exercise (when it's not raining)

My wife had a baking day yesterday. Very happy in the kitchen mostly on her own. Lots of little nice looking ( and smelling) chocolate buns which I choose not to eat!!! (tough decision) ...and a few other things. She even cooked sweet and sour chicken with rice for tea (nice).

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Good morning - 7.0

Off to the London Dungeons today on a school trip. Have to be at school for 7:50 so a bit pushed for time

Have a great day everyone!

Back