Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning all. I'm in early as it's nippy and wet. Still managed an hour pottering in the garden so feel quite accomplished. Not a sign of a dock leaf to spit on. :rofl: 8.0 for me early doors, thanks to milk loaf and other terrible foods, terrible for me that is. I just get a 'don't care' feeling. My whole family is like that. Sister has only just survived and we're still at it! :( My other sister ate a whole bag of doughnuts again. B-in-law is the only sensible one. Have a smashing day all. 🙂

Morning all and 7.1 for me.

Got presented with an elderly but still functioning in ear monitoring system last night. I shall be seeing if I can get it to work with our system. Should be better than our current set up which doesn't play nicely with WiFi routers.

Have a good day everyone

A late Morning all.

And it’s another 5.1 for me on this very grey overcast morning, here’s hoping for some rain soon.

I’m going to have a nice rest day today after doing to much yesterday, I missed lunch and had the first signs of a hypo before dinner, one JB soon sorted that out.

Have a good day and be safe.

7.6 for me this morning which I consider very fortunate. I was 15.2 at 11.45pm when I gave up on the search. Dialed up 5 correction units and jabbed it and than before removing the needle I decided that I needed another 2 so dialed that up and pressed the button again, so 7 units, then far too much wine and a very large chunk of Manchego.... haven't had any for ages and absolutely love it. Then decided that I was going to need Levemir to buffer the cheese so jabbed 1.5 units of Levemir.... All these numbers fished out of fresh air with no calculation or scientific basis. Went to bed at 1.24am on 7.4. Set an alarm for 3am and tested 6.6 and then woke up at 8.39am on 7.6. Am I jammy or what!!
Just trying to follow my usual breakfast routine of inject, wait 45 mins and eat and trying to remember how to use my Glucose tracker app as I have recorded everything on my Libre and feel lost without a record of what I injected when. Taking me ages. Really hoping the reader is going to be at the village shop or a neighbour found it and picked it up.
I had already considered the phone app option @Robin but thanks for the suggestion. I don't think my phone is compatible but I have an old iphone that I bought second hand. I am hoping my sister is going to be able to help me set it up tomorrow if she comes over as so far I have failed to get past the language selection option. Not sure if I need to insert my sim card to do all the necessary updates and down load the app or if I can just link it via my wifi and do it like that, but I am so frustrated at the moment that I am not thinking straight.
@Eternal422 I love your suggestion that I subconsciously engineered the whole thing in order to eat Ian's chocolate stash and then cheese and wine, because levels were too high to eat anything else. :rofl: I wonder if I can use the same excuse again at some point..... once I have a reader again of course? 🙄

I was having a bit of a panic attack last night when I set out, so I wasn't thinking as clearly as I normally do. I know I tested before I left the house and I was 8. something and rising slightly so that was the last time I had it in my hand and I jabbed one unit and then headed out with my bag.... which goes everywhere with me. It definitely isn't in the house as the high alarm would have gone off last night when I got back. My gut feeling now is that someone has found it and picked it up or it is in a patch of nettles or long grass in Ian's horses field..... or that I didn't dredge the murky depths of the water trough carefully enough and I missed it. It felt a bit like one of those I'm a celebrity trials where you put your hands into goodness knows what and rummage around and I have to say, it took more doing than I expected.

Unfortunately it is raining now so if it is out in the open then it is probably goosed!

I scan an average of 35 times a day so I am really missing that reassurance of knowing what is going on. Must order some more test strips as I usually only need 5 or 6 a month so I had let stocks run down.

Anyway, many congrats to @New-journey on your House Special this morning and wishing @ColinUK a restful and enjoyable retreat. I went on a natural beekeeping convention weekend down in Derbyshire. I wonder if it is the same place you are going to. The accommodation was very basic but it was a lovely setting. Unfortunately I came down with a migraine when we got there and I lost a day as a result.... Can't think of the name of the place right now.... may have to google it.

Morning

8.1 for me this morning, can only assume that was the early morning anxiety which woke me up at 4.30 am and approx every half hour from then on until I got up, it may have been yesterday’s food, but I only had 2 meal replacement shakes and 2 sausages in the evening, I know they can be quite carry, but wasn’t expecting an 8. Had a good run yesterday as it was a bit cooler and breezier, my fastest for a while and would have been better if I hadn’t had to wait at every set of 4 lights to cross at a roundabout and wait what seemed like hours to cross another road which was very busy due to A13 being shut. I should be pleased at doing my fastest, but at the moment only seem to find the negative in everything, that I could have done better if it wasn’t for time spent crossing roads.

off to see the DN today, expecting an even higher HbA1C than last time which was 60, but I am going armed with questions, a note about how badly even the SR met for in now affects my stomach and alternatives, going to ask about the Fast 800 keto diet by Dr Michael Mosley, if she pooh poohs that I will ask her about what NHS help is available as I know a low fat diet doesn’t work for me, my thinking is if she disagrees with what I have found to try and lose weight then she needs to find something better Available on NHS as I am willing to pay for the 12 week access to the Fast 800 keto plan, I have a recipe book and already cooking some of this meals.

I have a list of my weekly exercise which admittedly I have only just returned to with consistency fairly recently.

@ColinUK - I hope you have a better experience at this retreat and can get to enjoy it.

Unusually quiet outside when I woke up just before 7 - no planes, pigeons or magpies, just complete silence. Felt strange. My wife commented on it too. Not quiet for long, though. Tuesday is bin day and I hadn't been long up when the bin lorry came roaring into the close and we had several minutes of shouting, the rumbling of wheelie bins and the sound of emptied plastic food waste caddies being thrown around. Then, as quickly as they arrived, they were gone and it was mercifully quiet again.

Congrats @New-journey on the HS. It's a 5.3 for me, so I almost joined you.

@rebrascora - hope you manage to locate your reader, Barbara

Off to the pool later for my usual Tuesday swim before lunch, then I need to get stuck in to some household chores. No car as my wife goes into the office on Tuesdays and our eldest decided to stay another day in Manchester, so it's the bus today.

Have a good day, everyone.

Last edited:
7.6 for me this morning which I consider very fortunate. I was 15.2 at 11.45pm when I gave up on the search. Dialed up 5 correction units and jabbed it and than before removing the needle I decided that I needed another 2 so dialed that up and pressed the button again, so 7 units, then far too much wine and a very large chunk of Manchego.... haven't had any for ages and absolutely love it. Then decided that I was going to need Levemir to buffer the cheese so jabbed 1.5 units of Levemir.... All these numbers fished out of fresh air with no calculation or scientific basis. Went to bed at 1.24am on 7.4. Set an alarm for 3am and tested 6.6 and then woke up at 8.39am on 7.6. Am I jammy or what!!
Just trying to follow my usual breakfast routine of inject, wait 45 mins and eat and trying to remember how to use my Glucose tracker app as I have recorded everything on my Libre and feel lost without a record of what I injected when. Taking me ages. Really hoping the reader is going to be at the village shop or a neighbour found it and picked it up.
I had already considered the phone app option @Robin but thanks for the suggestion. I don't think my phone is compatible but I have an old iphone that I bought second hand. I am hoping my sister is going to be able to help me set it up tomorrow if she comes over as so far I have failed to get past the language selection option. Not sure if I need to insert my sim card to do all the necessary updates and down load the app or if I can just link it via my wifi and do it like that, but I am so frustrated at the moment that I am not thinking straight.
@Eternal422 I love your suggestion that I subconsciously engineered the whole thing in order to eat Ian's chocolate stash and then cheese and wine, because levels were too high to eat anything else. :rofl: I wonder if I can use the same excuse again at some point..... once I have a reader again of course? 🙄

I was having a bit of a panic attack last night when I set out, so I wasn't thinking as clearly as I normally do. I know I tested before I left the house and I was 8. something and rising slightly so that was the last time I had it in my hand and I jabbed one unit and then headed out with my bag.... which goes everywhere with me. It definitely isn't in the house as the high alarm would have gone off last night when I got back. My gut feeling now is that someone has found it and picked it up or it is in a patch of nettles or long grass in Ian's horses field..... or that I didn't dredge the murky depths of the water trough carefully enough and I missed it. It felt a bit like one of those I'm a celebrity trials where you put your hands into goodness knows what and rummage around and I have to say, it took more doing than I expected.

Unfortunately it is raining now so if it is out in the open then it is probably goosed!

I scan an average of 35 times a day so I am really missing that reassurance of knowing what is going on. Must order some more test strips as I usually only need 5 or 6 a month so I had let stocks run down.

Anyway, many congrats to @New-journey on your House Special this morning and wishing @ColinUK a restful and enjoyable retreat. I went on a natural beekeeping convention weekend down in Derbyshire. I wonder if it is the same place you are going to. The accommodation was very basic but it was a lovely setting. Unfortunately I came down with a migraine when we got there and I lost a day as a result.... Can't think of the name of the place right now.... may have to google it.
Unstone Grange?

I haven’t read any posts yet & will read 4 pages of this thread later. I didn’t check in yesterday so, yesterday’s reading was 09:37 BS 10.5 & today’s is 11:21 BS 9.8.

I’ve been feeling unwell & definitely fighting off SOMETHING as my insulin needs have sky rocketed: it’s scary if I think about the amounts but, that’s what I need; 60NR plus corrections, I can’t remember now how many & how much, the first day for a simple can of heinz chicken soup & a ham sandwich; knew what I needed in one go, no need for long waits in between meals to get my BS back down before eating again, the second day sticking in 90NR in one go & my BS only got to 10.8 at the highest when I was pushing 19mmol after eating the first day! Been staying in bed & having Heinz chicken soup mostly with the odd sandwich! There’s a bit of swelling/tenderness under my right chin & a bit of intermittent tightness in my throat when swallowing! But, I’m beginning to turn the corner & feel a bit better on waking today! Oh, I forgot to say I did test my basal of 88 tresiba the first day when I REALLY did skip an either meal, 8 hours gap, when my BS was back down to the 6’s because a) I didn’t want to eat & send it skywards again & b) might as well see if my basal is ok? My BS stayed around 5’s & 6’s every hour that I tested so, tresiba was definitely right & it was just the eating & NR: it fluctuated a bit during that gap of no food but, pretty much steady; basal is supposed to keep your BS steady! So, it was just scary amounts of NR I’ve been sticking in for the last two days!

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Let me see how I feel & what NR I need today? Definitely JB’s to hand as at SOME point, I hope, I won’t need SO MUCH NR!

Woke up this morning feeling a bit 'off', but BG was 5.3

DN appointment went well, my HbA1C had gone up a bit, but she understood that with all my mental health problems recently, she is going to get my metformin changed, I’ll get a call on Friday about that, turns out I have only been taking half the dose I should have been, but then I would have spent the entire day on the toilet.

She has referred me for the NHS weight loss plan, which she said is a low cal one, but in the meantime carry on using my fast 800 recipe book, I told her I had done WW and Slimming World in the past and after the first couple of weeks of losing weight it just stagnated. I have done well before following a low carb diet myself, but my depression and work stress at the moment means I have 3 or 4 good days then fall off the wagon for a couple, I am hoping being accountable to someone will help.

Only telling off was that my feet are drier than she would like, so to make sure I moisturise them everyday rather than the couple of times a week that I currently do it.

All in all despite a rise, which I was expecting, I came out feeling much better than when I went in,

@Grannylorraine So pleased your appointment went well and you feel more supported and positive as a result. Well done your nurse.

@Robin I have spent all day on it but I have just achieved a Eureka moment and done my first scan with LibreLink and a very nice 5.7 it was too and somehow I have managed my levels during the past 8 hours, better than I normally do when I can see exactly what is going on, although making decisions has been more stressful with not having as much data to base them on.
Had to change phones to the iphone8 plus that I bought second hand about 2 years ago, but then couldn't face changing to.....It was a case of "needs must" today though! 🙄 Took me 45 mins just to figure out and then open the sim drawer to insert it. Many thanks to my PC and the wonderful people who post on YouTube otherwise I would still be trying to figure it out! Then I had to go through creating accounts and passwords and pins and all sorts of stuff which I absolutely detest about modern day life. It seemed like an endless circle and when I eventually escaped one, I was straight into another. Then I found the app store and tried to install LibreLink but eventually realized that the OS was way out of date and it wouldn't install, so then had to figure out how to update that. It has had me tearing my hair out and no doubt blood pressure through the roof but at least I can now scan and get results. Phew! Next step is familiarizing myself with using the phone and text functions although I will be sorely tempted to go back to my Motorola once this sensor expires and I can use my spare reader on the next sensor. We will see if 12 days is enough to form a habit with the new phone and convert me to LibreLink.

Anyway, I feel that I deserve at least 5 gold stars from anyone here who feels sympathetic enough to throw them my way as this really was a trial by ordeal for me as a tech dinosaur and I am absolutely exhausted. I even had to resort to dredging my sister's mobile number from the depths of my memory, so that I could ring her and tell her that I have resolved the issue and can now scan again. I think updating my contacts list into this phone will be a chore for another day! I need a good long walk now to release the tension. I will probably trip over my lost reader now as I head out!! 🙄

@rebrascora could it be worth ringing Abbott to see if they will replace the reader?
I have a spare brand new reader that I was kindly donated by a member of this forum, but it won't work with this sensor and it was newly applied on Sunday, so I have been loath to waste it when it has 12 days left to run..... and in some respects I have now attained a sense of achievement in getting the old iphone to work and LibreLink installed, not that I could afford to waste a whole day doing it. I don't mind being without the alarms, but really missed the convenience of scanning and the data it provides. Off out for a walk now that I feel more confident of managing my levels again. I hate that I have come to rely on the technology so much but it really does make life so much easier with diabetes and certainly makes you appreciate it all the more when you are without it!

I hate that I have come to rely on the technology so much but it really does make life so much easier with diabetes and certainly makes you appreciate it all the more when you are without it!
I know what you mean. Well done on getting LibreLink installed. I always use my phone to scan so when there was a problem with the update a few months ago and i had to go back and use the reader i struggled to get used to it.

I might have read this incorrectly - but just to let you know you can set arms on the app, too. I’ve attached a screenshot just incase you’d had it with tech today and didn’t realise this! It’s the three blue lines on the top left - to access this sidebar on iOS. Sorry again if this is blindingly obvious but wouldn’t want you to be without! View attachment 26444
You can only get alarms on the first device you use to start the sensor with, if you are using a reader AND a phone. @rebrascora had already started her current sensor with the reader before she lost it, so she now can’t get alarms on the phone for this current sensor.

You can only get alarms on the first device you use to start the sensor with, if you are using a reader AND a phone. @rebrascora had already started her current sensor with the reader before she lost it, so she now can’t get alarms on the phone for this current sensor.
Thank you - I didn’t know this! I’ll delete the above post! X

Thank you - I didn’t know this! I’ll delete the above post! X
It was very kind of you to want to help though, so I appreciate the thought.

And you guys are all so kind for humouring me and showering me with stars to lift my spirits after what was a rather challenging 24 hours. Thanks so much for your support.

Back