Group 7-day waking average?

Afternoon all. Didn't have time to post before I went out to meet a friend. Overcast and chiily today. Needed a jacket.

6.9 this morning and now 6.8 without being out of range, despite 1 slice toast with HM marmalade for brekkie and a white bread sarnie for lunch!

So, met my friend and suggested we lunch at a place I had found delightful when I visited with another friend a couple of weeks ago. Staff were pleasant and efficient. Menu was the same, but the chef must have been different, as the sandwich I had enjoyed on my previous visit that was on a ciabatta roll, came on white bread with only the top of the top piece of bread very lightly toasted to the stale but not coloured stage! Ain't it always the same when you recommend somewhere??? Confusion over the wine list too. The Pinot Grigio was listed as 32/22/8 The waiter asked what size glass we would like and I asked what size glasses the pricing referred to. He said the large glass is £22. I remarked that didn't make sense, because if a 125ml glass was £8 then a 250ml glass should be £16. In the end we ordered a small glass each, privately cringing at the price - but when the bill came we were charged £6.50 which was more like it, though still somewhat silly - but there you go, this is Cornwall in season. Hmmmph!

Grrr.. got my latest Hba1c today... 51 - the worst one for 20 years!

@rebrascora so pleased to hear your hosting event went off well, I know you'd been stressing about it!

@freesia well done on the HS!

@TinaD - so glad you ain't taking on that mad project! It'd be forced ice creams every day!

@MikeyBikey we had a toilet down the yard, just past the coal hole... we lived right on the bank of the river. One day, age about 4 I went down there and there was (huge) Mr ratty sitting on top. I ran pell mell up the yard and jumped on mummy who was on all fours donkey-stoning the back step.... I got a good smacking until she found out why!

Ironically we now have 3 toilets in a very ordinary 3 bed semi.

Good very early morning. I will hazard a guess that I am first to post this morning

I seem to have developed a sore thoat. Grrr. Woke me up. Grrr.

BG 5.1
Pulse 57
BP 120/72
Temperature 36.3

Feel a bit rough so probably no exercise (any excuse) unless I bounce back by this afternoon. Interesting that my mild illness doesn't seem to have upset my BG or anything else.

So a peaceful, quiet day today hopefully. Oh, I just remembered that I have to fix up a new rotary washing line and make a concrete base support thing. Grrr.

Not quite sure they delivered the right thing tho...

Tillers_5.jpg

Have a great day today whatever you are doing.

Last edited:
fantastic start to my holiday with a 3.9 and I've not even left the house yet 🙄
Didn't think I'd have time to jump on before setting off but my diabetes has other ideas.
I may as well have a relaxing coffee before I need to get ready.

Good morning. 7.2. Oops! Shouldn't have had rice with the chicken stir fry.

More pond planting today - waiting for a more powerful pump for the filter. It's either that or scrag some of the goldfish...

Looks like a scorcher later - hope everyone can enjoy the sun.

Good morning - 5.0

Too much time spent hypo recently- not sure how to reduce that though

6.9 this morning which I’m quite happy with after the stress rollercoaster that was yesterday.

Morning all. 7.1 and another school trip today. I'm tired already, didn't sleep very well last night for some reason. Roll on 3pm.

5.9 for me today, and a straight line overnight (once I had quickly intercepted my pawprint special of the midnight rise a bit earlier at 11.30pm).

Have a lovely day all!

Morning all. 🙂 4.6 here. Dunno what I’m doing right, but I’ll keep on doing it...that only makes sense if you’re diabetic LOL. 😉

We’re having a smart meter fitted this arvo. My bezzie said not to hold my breath - her fitter didn’t turn up. They gave her £30 for the inconvenience. I just want it done n dusted - they’ve been email-bombing me ever since I booked it!

Morning all. 🙂 4.6 here. Dunno what I’m doing right, but I’ll keep on doing it...that only makes sense if you’re diabetic LOL. 😉

We’re having a smart meter fitted this arvo. My bezzie said not to hold my breath - her fitter didn’t turn up. They gave her £30 for the inconvenience. I just want it done n dusted - they’ve been email-bombing me ever since I booked it!
Hope it works - 2 engineers visits and "oh, it often doesn't work in rural areas". Grrr!

Well it was a 7.3 then 6.5 this morning... You know which figure I shall be taking :rofl:
You’re adding them together then dividing by zero and adding 5.2?

Good morning good folks. 6.1 and a very wibbly wobbly overnight line. That could be because I didn’t take any Levemir last night. Not on purpose you understand, but realised this morning when I came down stairs and there wasn’t a dead needle lying about. Scanned my marvellous Echo Plus pen and sure enough, no record. Oops! But how comes I’m lower than I often am when I’ve had my Levemir ( I inject 9.5 units)? It’s a contrary condition that’s for sure.

Plans today include hiding indoors whilst Mr Eggy climbs on the roof and fixes the chimney. It’s ok though ( his words) he’s picking up a safety harness from Screwfix this morning! Oh Gawd! To make matters worse he’s just smashed his china tea cup taking it out of the dishwasher and announces that he’s being very clumsy lately! 😱 He was a health and safety manager before retirement so at least I know he’s done a full written risk assessment!😉

Apart from that I’ll have a toddle down to Aldi for some lemons and eggs as I’m going to make a lemon meringue pie. Really can’t remember when I last attempted one.

@gll enjoy your trip to the Isle of Man. I nearly went there once, on a special day trip by steamer boat from Whitehaven, it had to turn back as the weather was terrible and everyone, and I mean everyone, was throwing up. It was June! 33 years later and I can still remember it like it was yesterday. I’m sure yours will be much more pleasant.

Have a wonderful Wednesday. 🙂

Attachments

• 5C27CE57-1DE7-4734-9B0C-339C9FA6D521.jpeg
    5C27CE57-1DE7-4734-9B0C-339C9FA6D521.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 4
A right down the middle 5.5 for me this morning. 🙂

Dez

You’re adding them together then dividing by zero and adding 5.2?
Sorry, Colin! Ex-Maths teacher mode here! Can't let that one go! Dividing by zero is impossible!!! Multiplying by zero is what you want.

Back