Group 7-day waking average?

Never mind the waking figure, look at that average over the last 24hrs!

IMG_0648.jpeg

Good morbing everyone. Up late at 6am

Great news this morning...

My infected eye, which was giving me so much constant pain, is 99% better. Yesss. No pain. Yesss

My BG this morning is 5.2 yesss. How about a really fancy house with canons!!!

My wife had a very good day and did some decorating in her sewing room (which she has hardly ever used so it had become a store roim for excessive junk). All emptied out now and the undercoat on the walls is now done too.

And the sun is up and the weather looks great out there...

I Actually feel good after yesterdays marathon (for me) long walks totalling 274 minutes. Feet and legs seem ok

Today I have to decide whether to rest or go for another set of long walks.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

@ColinUK does that mean you get an average house then?

article-2561991-1B9AB8DC00000578-451_634x595.jpg

Last edited:
@Pattidevans I have eaten at Piazza and it’s great food. It’s not exceptional but it’s very good.
For the price point it’s reality quite unique as well. Set lunch is £20 for two courses and £30 for three which for a restaurant of this type, in this location, is remarkable value.
Balthazar, which is a huge restaurant based on the classic French bistro, is about ten paces from the opera house, opened to a great fanfare of publicity yet serves remarkably mediocre food at £23 for a two course lunch and £28 for three. With supplements for various menu items which could easily take it to £35 for two courses and closer to £50 for three.
One of the main selling points of Piazza is the heated outdoor terrace which looks out across the rooftops of Covent Garden and down onto the Piazza itself.
Clearly the restaurant is effectively subsided by the business of the Opera House in the same way a restaurant in an hotel doesn’t face the same costs as if it was a restaurant in just restaurant premises.
The food itself is great but it’s not really what I like to eat as a pre-theatre meal. If I’m hungry and need to eat before curtain up I’m more inclined to opt for something lighter, maybe salads from the café on the ground floor perhaps or the most delicate roast beef sandwiches in the Conservatory bar (I think it’s called that. It’s in the curved glass bit above the Bow St entrance and is always, always quiet) or something in the informal part of the terrace.

@Gwynn I’ve found a lovely house for you. Although it doesn’t come with even a single canon it would be an ideal location for one.

IMG_0649.jpeg

Perhaps on the lawn?

IMG_0650.jpeg

It does benefit from a fully intelligent defence system but it may be easy to nullify by deploying Dreamies.
IMG_0651.jpeg

Morning! 6.8 first thing FTF and then an hour and a half later after only drinking 500 mls of water, I get a 7.3 on one hand and 7.6 on the other! What do you do with that !

Off to LGW this morning to drop off daughter and family as they head off to Menorca. Nice! Apparently LGW charges £5 to drop folk off 😱 now! Been a long time since I have been to an airport...

3.9 today (but with a straight arrow, nor dropping). Should have given my lower dose of basal rather than my higher one (only 1u difference, but still working out on which occasion to have which one!) as had quite a few low alarms overnight, several jbs were consumed, however the morning figure may have been the result of a correction at about 3am when I think the few jbs I ate before bed at 1am hit a bit too hard!

Meal out at Prezzo was lovely, however at one point it didn't look like we were going to get any food - fire alarm went off (no-one moved to evacuate, not even the staff!) and then the waitress told us there was no food, as there was no gas for the foreseeable! We were quite a big party of 8, so tried to book a few other restaurants in the vicinity, but they were all full. We'd only just got a round of drinks so decided to sit it out, thankfully about half an hour later, normal service was resumed! I had a lovely truffle chicken burger with burrata cheese, which I have eaten before from there, and found the carb info on nutracheck :D I did the correct dose and spiked up to around 12 (obviously no pre bolus) but we sat and talked for a long time after the meal, so I held off doing the correction as this was probably responsible for my rise, too. Didn't have a dessert as wasn't hungry (I'd have still eaten one if I wanted one, probably some form of ice cream) and was proud of my self control. By the time I'd given a couple of friends a lift home, got home and tidied and sorted the dog out, I was 8.6, glad I held off the correction!

Sun's out, enjoy your weekend everyone!

Morning all, 4.9 here, but haven’t dipped into the red all night.Went to bed in the 8s, had a steady line downwards til I hit the 4s at about 4am, then a straight line til now. It'll rise as soon as I get out of bed, no doubt. That’s the result of 10 miles of walking yesterday, and a glass of red wine in the evening.

@Gwynn I’ve found a lovely house for you. Although it doesn’t come with even a single canon it would be an ideal location for one.

View attachment 25963

Perhaps on the lawn?

View attachment 25964

It does benefit from a fully intelligent defence system but it may be easy to nullify by deploying Dreamies.
View attachment 25965
Does it come with the cat? On sentry duty! I doubt if many canons could afford such a splendid residence!
OH is a canon, and frequently sighs when referred to as Cannon SS! (I wanted to put a smiley face, but I seem to have lost them....)

Morning all. 🙂 4.7 here.

We had a lovely day out yesterday at Aberglasney Gardens. The gardens were really lovely. The colour scheme in the main garden was right up my street and the woman on the till in the tea room was hilarious. Then we nipped into Llandeilo to browse the very nice shops. Back to reality today tho - got to finish this Welsh application form and get it sent off...I suspect it’ll take all day - the boxes are TINY and I write BIG! 🙂

Does it come with the cat? On sentry duty! I doubt if many canons could afford such a splendid residence!
OH is a canon, and frequently sighs when referred to as Cannon SS! (I wanted to put a smiley face, but I seem to have lost them....)
I did wonder why @Gwynn was so keen on installing a member of the clergy at his house but I wasn’t going to question his choice :rofl:

Good morning guys! 6'4 today, after properly treating a low 2 hours earlier. Dropped to the 4s just 20 minutes after getting up. I had too many drinks last night. Went to the pub with some co-workers after our shift and omg, the amount of gossip material I have! I want to tell you all of it but at the same time seems inappropriate o_O I spent the night in a room that's not mine, not doing anything naughty, just didn't want to walk home alone. Two of my colleagues were next door and let's say they were not just sleeping! I left around 6:30, got myself a cheeky McDonald's breakfast on the way home (for the hangover+low BG) and I'm in my own bed now, ready for another few hours of sleep. Will catch up with you later 🙂

P.S: I informed a chef and a manager of my diabetes while they were smoking outside the pub, not the most professional way to do it but they know now and they appreciate it. Previous management knew about it but I forgot to tell the new guys and even if that's not mandatory, is convenient because they are first aiders in the workplace.

Morning! 6.8 first thing FTF and then an hour and a half later after only drinking 500 mls of water, I get a 7.3 on one hand and 7.6 on the other! What do you do with that !

Off to LGW this morning to drop off daughter and family as they head off to Menorca. Nice! Apparently LGW charges £5 to drop folk off 😱 now! Been a long time since I have been to an airport...
@Snowwy, I did a drop off 3 months ago, first visit since pre-COVID. There was no pay point, just an easy to miss sign telling you to pay on-line. I missed that, was told about it a few days later and then went on-line - but was too late. The opportunity to pay had lapsed; I emailed NCP asking how I could retrospectively pay and I got an email telling me I couldn't and would be fined £75! That reply told me to wait for the formal fine paperwork. I didn't.

I sent a further curt message to NCP saying I had cash and card ready that Mon at 5am, but no place or person to take my money; whatever signage existed I didn't see in the am dim light and drizzling rain. I'd only heard from elsewhere that I should pay on- line. I was offering to do that only to be told after 4 days was too late, so I would fight any fine most rigorously because their process was an abuse. I'm still waiting for a response of any sort. I've not been back to see if they've improved their signs or now established a pay-point.

@Snowwy, I did a drop off 3 months ago, first visit since pre-COVID. There was no pay point, just an easy to miss sign telling you to pay on-line. I missed that, was told about it a few days later and then went on-line - but was too late. The opportunity to pay had lapsed; I emailed NCP asking how I could retrospectively pay and I got an email telling me I couldn't and would be fined £75! That reply told me to wait for the formal fine paperwork. I didn't.

I sent a further curt message to NCP saying I had cash and card ready that Mon at 5am, but no place or person to take my money; whatever signage existed I didn't see in the am dim light and drizzling rain. I'd only heard from elsewhere that I should pay on- line. I was offering to do that only to be told after 4 days was too late, so I would fight any fine most rigorously because their process was an abuse. I'm still waiting for a response of any sort. I've not been back to see if they've improved their signs or now established a pay-point.
Hmm, not much fun that! I found somewhere online were you can set up an account and vehicle reg, so I have done that. I will let you know if it works! Thanks for making me aware. 🙂

I did wonder why @Gwynn was so keen on installing a member of the clergy at his house but I wasn’t going to question his choice :rofl:
Oooops, I missed @Gwynn 's request! More than one cleric as well....

(I'll try to keep my pedant's hat off for the rest of the day!)

The sun is shining and it’s a 5.0 for me today.

I guess I will have to get my own house then. Er, clergy...hmmm...English is a great but ambiguous language....

palace-189454.jpg

Mind you if you look clioser....

Two-new-canons-installed-to-Her-Majestys-Chapel-Royal.jpg

Morning all. Lovely morning and I’m going with 6:2 on my meter. New sensor playing silly beggars. It behaved itself so well yesterday too.

I feel a bit achy today. 7 miles pushing a buggy for about half that, (we try to take turns but I’m rubbish pushing up inclines) with a two stone toddler in, is hard work! We went to the big park in the centre of the city, we haven’t been with Zara and totally forgot about the splash/water area. Of course she wanted to go in, two other toddlers running around with just their nappies one, I said no and distracted her with the slide and sandpit. Next thing she’s heading towards it fully clothed! So we had to let her join in! She had a ball, we didn’t have a towel so had to dry her on her spare tee shirt! She slept all the way home. We were cream crackered!

No big plans today, just pootling in the
garden I think. The weeds are growing fast!

Congratulations @Gwynn on your HS.

Have a great day all. 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_3120.jpeg
    IMG_3120.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 3
4.9 for me this morning. 🙂 Where's the sun gone?

Dez

Good morning - 6.3

I went low during the night - had half a can of coke (usually enough) and was woken up again by the alarm 3 hours later and I’d been low all night!

My 2 day average is now showing 11% hypo….oops

Back