Group 7-day waking average?

We did have regular meets before the dreaded pandemic.
That sounds like something I'd like to attend but at the same time I'm afraid I could stay awkwardly in a corner...

Instead I'm doing a very slow UK tour and trying to meet one member at a time 😛 meetings aside, I want to visit more places. I've lived in the country for more than 3 years and haven't seen much, but the pandemic started soon after I arrived and by the time traveling was easy again, I was working full time.

Last edited:
. Then she twigged my phone and the number displayed (11.4) and I suddenly found myself in an Alice in Wonderland conversation as "my auntie is diabetic and she dances"
That was rude of her, looking at your phone. Also reminds me of this bloke from work who insisted on buying me a drink shortly after I was diagnosed. I ordered a diet coke and then he tried to convince me to have alcohol instead. I totally refused because I had only been on insulin for a couple of weeks and I was scared, he said not to worry because his grandma had diabetes and he knew what to do 🙄

When I got up this morning I was quite dispirited. Not sure why but it may have had something to do with my keybiard not working propeRly.

Went for a walk on the beach and felt a bit better.

Just now, threatened the keyboard with a blow torch and hammer if it didn't cooperate. It was suddenly fine!!!

Then I had to solder up a couple of right angled jack plugs for the keyboard. A daunting task because of my poorer eyesight. But with care and not rushing it worked out fine.

And now I feel much much happier......little things!!!

That sounds like something I'd like to attend but at the same time I'm afraid I could stay awkwardly in a corner...

Instead I'm doing a very slow UK tour and trying to meet one member at a time 😛 meetings aside, I want to visit more places. I've lived in the country for more than 3 years and haven't seen much, but the pandemic started soon after I arrived and by the time traveling was easy again, I was working full time.
Honestly you wouldn’t end up sitting in a corner. If you’re ever up Cumbria way let me know, we could possibly meet up if the stars align.

I propose a mega meet up where everyone brings anyone they’ve ever mentioned in this thread.
Think of the fun we’d have meeting all those toddlers, friends, spouses, opera singers, horses and dogs!
Elaine can cater. But we all chip in like a pot luck thing. And no not like keys in a fruit bowl thing!!

Just had a bite to eat in the always quiet part of the Opera House.

And now it’s Culture Time!

IMG_4947.jpeg

@ColinUK That view makes it look suspiciously like you might be in a box??

@ColinUK Loved your post earlier about genuine feelings of connection and care from other members here and reciprocating those feelings. It is a surprisingly strong feeling and to be able to sense it through an inanimate screen is quite impressive.... but then I guess that was perfectly possible via old fashioned pen and paper with pen pals when I was younger, so maybe it isn't so strange after all and certainly far more instantaneous than via overseas mail! It is one of the huge benefits of this forum and in particular this thread though. That feeling of community.... Talking of which.... Are we missing @Michael12421 the last couple of days? And, it is now a worryingly long time since we heard from @Lanny. Do let us know that you are OK if/when you get this please. We miss you!

Or the Gods!
Yes, you are probably right and my perspective is wrong..... but then knowing Colin and some of his connections, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he had landed seats in the Royal Box.

I propose a mega meet up where everyone brings anyone they’ve ever mentioned in this thread.
Think of the fun we’d have meeting all those toddlers, friends, spouses, opera singers, horses and dogs!
Elaine can cater. But we all chip in like a pot luck thing. And no not like keys in a fruit bowl thing!!
That sounds like a plan, but I propose @Pattidevans helps me with the catering and @Grannylorraine can make a giant cake. 😛
@Robin and @rebrascora can bring the hay, @TinaD can bring Wolf to keep the riff raff out. Although I’m sure he’s a big softie and probably lick them to death! @Gwynn and @khskel can provide the music. @ColinUK you can bring your thespian side and entertain us with your witty repartee. @freesia can organise the fancy dress party and @Michael12421 @Bloden and @Elenka_HM can do the Flamenco! Everyone welcome. I think maybe we’ll need a week on a big campsite, yurts/glamping pods with facilities, no tents thank you very much.
Right Colin, get on with the organising and let me know the date! 😉:rofl:🙂

Afternoon

8.4 this morning, still struggling with this bug, never mind it will go when it’s ready and being the weekend I can just rest up.

I would love a mega meet up and I would bring the cake. I have met @Stitch147 a couple of times, once at an Essex meet up and we did the London Bridges walk together, and met at @ColinUK when we did the same half marathon last year, I am doing it again this year, but will most likely walk due to lack of training and now this lurgy.

Take care everyone

@ColinUK That view makes it look suspiciously like you might be in a box??
Not quite. Right next to one. And of course I’ve still got folks in front who insist on leaning forward.

Not quite. Right next to one. And of course I’ve still got folks in front who insist on leaning forward.
How dare they!! Don't they know whose view they are blocking!

That sounds like a plan, but I propose @Pattidevans helps me with the catering and @Grannylorraine can make a giant cake. 😛
@Robin and @rebrascora can bring the hay, @TinaD can bring Wolf to keep the riff raff out. Although I’m sure he’s a big softie and probably lick them to death! @Gwynn and @khskel can provide the music. @ColinUK you can bring your thespian side and entertain us with your witty repartee. @freesia can organise the fancy dress party and @Michael12421 @Bloden and @Elenka_HM can do the Flamenco! Everyone welcome. I think maybe we’ll need a week on a big campsite, yurts/glamping pods with facilities, no tents thank you very much.
Not forgetting our relatively new member @Carlos in the Flamenco line up!
Also, if I am bringing Rascal, he will be happy to just eat the same as everyone else. He is very much of the mentality, if it goes in my mouth, it is quite suitable to go in his mouth, but he will put up with hay if that is all that is on offer.... The other GGs are a little more conventional in their food tastes, so will have to bring haylage for them.

DSF used to have yearly meets in Kingsbury Water Park in the midlands. It was a picnic where everyone brought a low carb contribution. We had some fabulous spreads on offer. The park had an advantage in that it had a room that you could rent in case of inclement weather for £50 which came from forum funds (money raised by shopping online). I only recall having to use it once, it had tiny child-size chairs and tables!! Those of us who came some distance stayed in a Premier Inn nearby. We'd meet for dinner the night before and then on the Saturday night after the meet. Partners and children were welcome. One of the members brought a marquee and another brought a folding table. We all took canvas chairs. We had leaflets handy to give to passers-by & recruited a number of members. It was all great fun.

I met @Lucyr there and @trophywench (who used to post under a different nick and I will forever think of her as that name!). Even one member from Australia came one year (AlanS). We had one meet in Bristol in a Weatherspoons but that was less well attended, though @everydayupsanddowns came (but I had already met him at a pump event in Cornwall).

@Elenka_HM you wouldn't be left lurking on your own.... not with this bunch you wouldn't!

@eggyg you'd be fab organising all the entertainment along with @ColinUK. @Grannylorraine definitely in charge of cake! Sorry though, Glasgow is just a little too far for me.

Yes, @rebrascora I too have been wondering where @Lanny has got to. Hope she is OK. I thought @Michael12421 posted yesterday?

Not forgetting our relatively new member @Carlos in the Flamenco line up!
Also, if I am bringing Rascal, he will be happy to just eat the same as everyone else. He is very much of the mentality, if it goes in my mouth, it is quite suitable to go in his mouth, but he will put up with hay if that is all that is on offer.... The other GGs are a little more conventional in their food tastes, so will have to bring haylage for them.
Of course sorry @Carlos don’t forget your castanets.

Afternoon

8.4 this morning, still struggling with this bug, never mind it will go when it’s ready and being the weekend I can just rest up.

I would love a mega meet up and I would bring the cake. I have met @Stitch147 a couple of times, once at an Essex meet up and we did the London Bridges walk together, and met at @ColinUK when we did the same half marathon last year, I am doing it again this year, but will most likely walk due to lack of training and now this lurgy.

Take care everyone
I met up with @Stitch147 when she came all the way up north for a wedding. We had lunch together along with our OHs. It just feels like you already know them doesn’t it and isn’t awkward at all.

Back