Group 7-day waking average?

Congratulations @MikeyBikey @rebrascora and @Barrowman !

I had to bring an egg in to scramble in the microwave at work for breakfast this morning as 17 year old was already eating the salami & egg "cups" that I had planned to bring in! I was very definitely miffed as 17 year old can eat the pancakes and pain au chocolat in the cupboard which are also quick and easy, and anyway is studying at home today (both my teens are) due to teachers strike so could have made anything in the cupboard/fridge/freezer. On the other hand just the egg without the salami was less calories I guess so might achieve my target calories for the day rather than the slightly more (approx my estimated basal requirements) that I have been averaging through February.

Just had lunch and need to go get on with paperwork and phone calls now, would really rather not but got to be done...

@Pattidevans

This is an exceiient sauce to serve with the cake

Orange Marmalade Pouring Sauce
Salsa de Mermelada de Naranja

Easy pouring sauce, for cakes or fruit compote--orange marmalade and cream.

½ cup orange marmalade
2 tablespoons Sherry
½ cup heavy cream

Place the marmelade and Sherry in a saucepan. Heat to melt the marmalade. Add the cream and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook until the sauce is reduced by one-quarter, about 5 minutes.

Allow the sauce to cool before pouring in a small jug for serving

@Pattidevans

½ cup orange marmalade
2 tablespoons Sherry
½ cup heavy cream

Place the marmelade and Sherry in a saucepan. Heat to melt the marmalade. Add the cream and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook until the sauce is reduced by one-quarter, about 5 minutes.

Oooh thank you for both the cake recipe and the sauce! I have some Dark Seville marmalade that I just made so I can use that! I am having friends over for lunch on Sunday so I might give the cake a go, providing it's OK made the day before, which it should be I think!

@Pattidevans

½ cup orange marmalade
2 tablespoons Sherry
½ cup heavy cream

Bet that sauce works well with a bread and butter pudding! Dread to think how much insulin such a dessert would need though!

Oooh thank you for both the cake recipe and the sauce! I have some Dark Seville marmalade that I just made so I can use that! I am having friends over for lunch on Sunday so I might give the cake a go, providing it's OK made the day before, which it should be I think!
Yes, using olive oil results in a moist cake so it is fine, I don't eat the whole cake on the day it is made, rather over 4 or 5 days and still tastes good

Afternoon

8.5 this morning, seems a long time ago now, very busy morning with work, then an update on my laptop caused issues which have taken all afternoon to sort out, now still working to make up time lost earlier, however I am not going to make all the hours up as it was not anything I did wrong that stopped my laptop working.

Congratulations @rebrascora , @Barrowman and @MikeyBikey on your House Specials.

Good afternoon, I think it was 6 this morning. Like @Grannylorraine, long time ago.

One of these days where I wish I had a 9 to 5 type of job. I already did almost 8 hours today and now in the way for my dinner shift. Luckily I have a few plans to look forward to later on the week 🙂

5.5 this morning.

Shoulder is still niggling, but at least nowhere near as bad as last week, so I’m grateful for that and managed to reduce from co-codamol down to just Paracetemol with the Naproxen.

@TinaD - I hope you are ok and your shoulder, neck and back are better today?

@goodybags - glad your eye injections went ok, I’m amazed at how matter of fact you sound about them, I would be in pieces! Don’t know if you remember the TV series “House”, one line that Wilson said has always stuck with me “It’s amazing what you can get used to and live with” (or something like that). I do hope they help and you are ok.

Congratulations to @MikeyBikey, @Barrowman and @rebrascora on your HS today.

@ColinUK - thanks for a wonderful précis of Rusalka, I wonder what will happen to her now the prince is dead and she is sort of in limbo? There may be a Rusalka 2 - The Return to the Lake?

Have a good day everyone.
Thank you, yes, back not brilliant but it rarely is, neck/shoulder eventually came out of spasm and relaxed. So just being a bit careful today hoping not to set it off again. I assume it was the palindromic arthritis complaining about the steroid reduction but I don't really know - I certainly do not want it again!

Thank you, yes, back not brilliant but it rarely is, neck/shoulder eventually came out of spasm and relaxed. So just being a bit careful today hoping not to set it off again. I assume it was the palindromic arthritis complaining about the steroid reduction but I don't really know - I certainly do not want it again!
I’ve been using a cool pack to relieve my shoulder when it is bad and that has actually worked well for me. I find that just leaving it the fridge for a while is enough and not being from the freezer it can be applied directly to the skin without any issues if needed.

Good morning - 6.8

Morning 7.1. It’s a strike day today so no idea what work will be like. Last time we had 22 staff out.

I was offered dexcom one by hospital DSN yesterday. Totally out of the blue. A trial 1st and if I like they will change prescription from libre Anyone else using it ?

Back