Group 7-day waking average?

4.2 on the sensor this am, 5.5 on the meter so i guess dehydrated

I got my fourth unicorn day yesterday. 😉 It was so close though at one point, as I stupidly forgot to bolus for lunch and only remembered as I took the last bite of my sandwich
Well done on another unicorn day and remembering to bolus in time!!

Much better than me today. I was in the 5s at lunchtime and was rushing around at work as usual. Later this afternoon i didn't feel well, scanned and i was almost 18!! Then i realised i hadn't injected before lunch 😱. Too late to do a correction at work as i needed to get home on time and i didn't want it to just drop, so i left on time (as opposed to minimum 30 later) then corrected when i got home. Its a good job i did as its still dropping with a 2u correction!

is a unicorn day when you're on or under target for 24hrs?

is a unicorn day when you're on or under target for 24hrs?
Yes although we would say, "in range" rather than under target, since you don't want to be going too low or high to achieve a unicorn.... and that is using the standard 3.9-10 Libre range. ie 100% in range for the day.

ohhhh

my "target" set with the consultant at the hospital is 8 mmol
with regard to the libre the "low" alarm is set to 3.3 and the "high" alarm is 13.3
I've messed things up though cos I had a vitC tablet with breakfast and the meter says 12.2 but the sensor insists it's unicorn day lol.

ohhhh

my "target" set with the consultant at the hospital is 8 mmol
with regard to the libre the "low" alarm is set to 3.3 and the "high" alarm is 13.3
I've messed things up though cos I had a vitC tablet with breakfast and the meter says 12.2 but the sensor insists it's unicorn day lol.
A "target" is a specific level you are aiming for when you do a correction. You obviously can't stay in the 8s all day, or if you can you are a genius! That is just what you are aiming for when levels are not where you want them to be and yopu are calculating a correction.
Libre alarms are not your "Range" they are set to stop you from going too far out of range. The standard "Time in Range" settings are 3.9-10.0 because these are levels that most non-diabetic people keep their levels between most of the time. Some people reduce that range a bit but there is no real advantage in that and most of the research suggests keeping your levels in that 3.9-10 range 70% of the time suggests both a good HbA1c result and reduced risk of complications, so if I were you I would adjust your range (usually the green strip on your Libre graph to reflect that.
Where you set your alarms is another matter and personally I would say that setting your low alarm at 3.3 is missing an opportunity to prevent hypos. I think most people have it set above 4 so that they have time to deal with their BG levels dropping low before they become hypo... Just my thoughts.

Really not sure what your vitamin C tablet has to do with anything??

Good evening.
No chance to test this morning - slept in, did animals at 90 miles an hour, drove to Lampeter cursing the "geriatric idiot" driving at 30mph ... only to nip past and observe that the obstructing driver was at least a generation younger than I. Funny how one's assumptions do not change with age! Made it to the first day of a course on Roman history in Wales. Should keep me amused for the coming couple of months.
Body got its own back when I found I had to climb 2 flights of stairs to the meeting room, which rather knocked me out, but managed to drop off donation at charity shop and grab some shopping before driving home through a complete white out. Wickedly ate a Belgian bun on the way home having gone without breakfast but pleased to report a very reasonable 7.00 by tea-time. The Deity may know what it was at 2 p.m. but I neither know nor care - sometimes being cheered up is more important.
See you in the morning folks - if the current weather continues I doubt I will be seeing any flesh and blood friends!

Libre alarms are not your "Range" they are set to stop you from going too far out of range. The standard "Time in Range" settings are 3.9-10.0 because these are levels that most non-diabetic people keep their levels between most of the time.
I understood most non-diabetics are btwn 3.something and 6mmol unless ill and consistently above 6.1 - 10 was pre-diabetic (and ofc more than that was actual diabetes). I understood from the consultant though that "target" meant "ideally, keep it below this but obvs. don't go hypo", with the understanding that excursions happen sometimes. What I'm saying is it wasn't explicitly "aim for this when correcting". Unless ofc i misunderstood.
Where you set your alarms is another matter and personally I would say that setting your low alarm at 3.3 is missing an opportunity to prevent hypos.
I don't keep it on 3.3 all the time. It's set that way because I've found that sensors under-read for me in that range in context of sleeping, probably due to dehydration. if I'm out and about, i'll set it to 4.5 and that gives me enough time to counter a low.

Morning all. I’m first up with a 4.6, and another unicorn day. Day 5 now. I might just get that week’s worth of unicorns at this rate. This is unprecedented. My only explanation is I’m eating small portions because of my tummy problems, I’ve no desire whatsoever to stuff my face or eat between meals. I had a bad night last night after a roasted chicken leg and a small jacket potato. Felt unwell and very bloated all night and of course I was low at 9pm. In the fours. Had a slice of toast and managed to eat it. My BGs did not move at all and so consequently I was still low at bedtime ( 10.45pm). I couldn’t face eating so went to bed, and all was well. Apart from not sleeping well.:(

Up early as I’ve my retinal screening early doors. It’s a 40 minute walk, although I may get Mr Eggy out of bed to drive me as it’s still slippy. Sunglasses already dusted off, sunshine forecast, plus the still laying snow will prove a challenge, even with them on! 😎

Have a wonderful Wednesday all.

Good morning everyone.

Very cold and dark this morning. I presume icy out there as it rained late yesterday evening. I went out yesterday for a short 77 minute walk in the afternoon. It was very cold. Ice on the pavements in patches. I may try to get out later on if the pavements are not iced up. No snow here.

BG this morning, you guessed it 5.2 yesss. I can't wait to see what sort of house I get today.

Today trying to keep warm

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Good morning - 6.4

Good morning 6.9 today
when meter decided it was warm enough to work, which it wasn’t first on waking up
I was expecting something higher than that as are some cake before bed.

stressfull day @ work yesterday due to IT system we use at work giving problems
Im only a user of and not the person who is responsible for it,
but stressful when it doesn’t do what we need it to do to work, still with a few work arounds
finally got the day done.

plus, had an update on the bungalow we “should have exchanged contracts on” last week
we haven’t (yet)
I won’t tell you the full story on here now,
but seller had left the property empty, we knew than, but uninsured, water wasn’t turned off, no heating on, Really I told the auction company, 😱 ITS HAD A BUSRST PIPE & flooded unsurprisingly really.

Now currently we’re waiting via my solicitor for official notification of the damage (remedial repairs currently being carried out by the sellers builders)

have a great day everybody 😎

Back