Group 7-day waking average?

And away. All celebrations are most definitely finished. Glum look....

last day of holiday food yesterday means ive got to tighten up things. no more carby foods in the evenings, and usual routine

@Gwynn it's 12th night tonight, so I'd not put off getting those decorations down - I tell myself I'm not superstitious but I don't like to put it to the test!
It's comparatively recent to take decorations down on Twelfth Night, the older tradition is to leave them up until Candlemas (Feb 2nd).

Well I am rather late posting as I have had a busy morning. It was 6.2 for me this morning but that followed a 2JB hypo (Libre said 2.7 🙄 but I didn't check it as I was definitely hypo) at 4.51am. That was despite a 1unit Levemir reduction last night. Decided that since I was going to be swinging my legs this morning I would cut my morning Levemir by 2units, but still jabbed 1unit of Fiasp to cover FOTF. I was up to 7.1 within 10 mins (before I even got out of bed) and hit 10 an hour later, so jabbed another 1.5 units before I set off for my walk. 2 trips up the hill with haylage on my back and levels barely budged. Got home and jabbed 3 units for breakfast yoghurt..... waited an hour and levels had still only come down to 7 so I jabbed another 2 units and gave it a bit longer and only just got to eat breakfast now at lunchtime. 🙄 So much for exercise bringing my levels down or making Fiasp more effective. Grrr!

Many congratulations to @Elenka_HM on your House Special today. So pleased you are getting to spend some celebration time with your family. Enjoy the festivities.

Did you manage to find a roscón for Reyes @Elenka_HM?
No need to worry, I'm going to grandma's house and there will be plenty of roscón. Don't know if I will have any space left by then tho! (just kidding, everyone knows there's is a special place for dessert in the stomach). How many carbs can it be? :confused:

I suppose they may have a positive effect in lowering it as pain can make it go up.
Hi , did not explain but the pain killers stop all pain so in do discomfort. I only take the medication for a maximum of 48 hours as the are very addictive.

Only reason I ask is that my BS levels are slightly evelated.

Thank you for your reply , much appreciated.

I’m going to put them into a book. It’ll be a best seller!
Reminds me of the play “Art” where the artwork in question was just a white canvas. Saw the play years ago in London, seem to remember it was hilarious.

Last edited:
Hi , did not explain but the pain killers stop all pain so in do discomfort. I only take the medication for a maximum of 48 hours as the are very addictive.

Only reason I ask is that my BS levels are slightly evelated.

Thank you for your reply , much appreciated.
What are the non-active ingredients in the painkillers? Often tablets have some filler starch, so depending on quantity of filler ingredients that could have a slight impact. I would generally think it is better to take the medication if the pain is so bad though, and adjust carbs elsewhere if needed (or add a correction to your bolus dose if on insulin.) Are you on any steroids for the condition causing the pain? If so, as you may be aware, they can increase BG.

Good morning, 6.4
slightly better BS than the last few days has been,
early wake up after a half decent sleep,

Have a great day everybody 😎

Morning all. 5.6 on this very blustery morning. But at least it’s not raining!

Back to normal Zara childcare today as parents back to work this week. Then we are doing three full days for the next five weeks as those very selfish other grandparents are off on a Caribbean cruise. 😉 What a cheek, they could have invited us!😛

Have a fab Friday. 🙂

3.9 - went out last night and had a pint of low carb beer, plus two shorts. Walked home and got a 3.1.

5.5 this morning.

Back