Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all this lovely sunny day. Not been out yet to test the temperature but there's no sign of ice or frost, though it feels quite chilly here in the study.

Apparently I didn't log in yesterday - how odd! Just as well, that Mac n cheese didn't stop giving. I spent 24 hours in the mid-to high teens and yesterday's FBG was 15.4 despite a umpteen zillion corrections. Back to normal(ish) this morning with 6.7 and a straight line overnight.

Off to order the Christmas meat today and pick up 2 remaining presents.... then meeting friends in the pub this evening for a meal and to see a group (who are hopefully better than last Thursday's dire offering).

I'm reading about you all taking hot water to animals. Did you know that hot water freezes faster than cold? See https://www.livescience.com/32128-does-hot-water-freeze-faster-than-cold-water.html one of those silly little factoids that you read once and never forget. I suppose the answer would be to take them unfrozen cold water?

Anyhoo, congrats to all those with the HS in my absence and my goodness, what an array of domiciles we have on the forum now!

Well done Wannie, but do keep an eye on it all the same so you don't regress.

Lots of love and hugs to all those suffering...

Well done Wannie, but do keep an eye on it all the same so you don't regress.
Thank you, I will be keeping a close eye on my bg, my test strips have been delivered today, and tbf its felt really strange not testing for the last 24 hours.
And its been a lot of hard work I weighed 74.9 kg when I started at 5' 4" making me overweight, now weigh 54.5 kg, have followed a strict low carb, low calorie diet increased exercise and tested on average 6 times a day my bg, I may relax a little Christmas day but that will be it, besides can't afford to replace my wardrobe again, 😉 😉

Last edited:
Congrats of a great HbA1c result @Wannie and a fantastic weight loss. WELL DONE!!

Congrats of a great HbA1c result @Wannie and a fantastic weight loss. WELL DONE!!
Thank you may risk a mince pie and a smidgen of christmas cake on christmas day now 😉

Good morning - 4.9

Aghhhhhh?!! The central heating has broken !!!

Sod BG this morning

I am very very cold abd a lot fed up. As if I didn 't have enough to deal with already

Morning all, 5.5 on this positively balmy day. Only -4.4! Woo hoo! Moving in the right direction at last.

The Christmas tree has thawed out! That’s one job that will be done today. Sausage rolls, mince pies and brownies to be baked for our Christmas party tomorrow. Grandson getting picked up tonight by his other grandma and going there for tea. That’ll save me a few bob! :rofl:

Have a fab Friday. I’m away to get my tee shirt and shorts back out of the drawer! 😉

Aghhhhhh?!! The central heating has broken !!!

Sod BG this morning

I am very very cold abd a lot fed up. As if I didn 't have enough to deal with already

Have you a wireless controller? These rely on a battery and default to no heating rather than "avoid freezing" if the battery(ies) go. Really badly thought through. Worth checking if you are away for Christmas?

Good luck with BG!

Back