Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning everyone! First reading still in bed with Libre, 4.0 and going down. I've read about Libre reading lower, foot in the floor, etc..., so I got up, went to the toilet and in 15 minutes had a lovely 6'4. Double checked with finger prick, very similar.

I like this thing, it is convenient. Have to admit it takes me a few tries to scan most of the time, I keep placing the Reader in wrong places of my arm, hopefully today I will get better. It doesn't hurt and I'm not wasting strips so it's not nearly as frustrating as my glucometer fails on the early days. Now I'm excited about all the information I can get, though I might find stuff that I didn't want to know...

Now is my time for food experiements. I went to Wetherspoons for lunch and I found they have a screen where you can check dietary information of the food, including carbs. I don't know if it is available in all their pubs but it was useful. Was shocked with the carb count of my meal, I expected it to be high but not so high. It came with a pot of cranberry sauce that I barely touched so hope it reduces the carbs a bit. It raised my BG quite quick but 2 hours after the meal it was a 3mmol increase so, not that bad.

While I was eating I found out there was a Christmas market+late night shopping in a beautiful town not far from mine, I can get there by bus so no need to worry about train strikes, and I really wanted to do something like that yesterday. It was perfect timing, I went there and had a lovely evening. I had a non alcoholic mulled wine and vegan meatballs with rice (another 3mmol increase in 2 hours). Didn´t buy much but really enjoyed the atmosphere 🙂

Congratulations @TinaD on your HS. Just about to log into my final session of therapy for this year. New course starts in January on how to manage stress.

A few days ago I posted that I was off to the vampires and predicted an HbA1c of 48 +/- 1 with the possibility of it being 50. Just found result on patient access and it is 49.

That is one up to Docb's algorithm!

Afternoon - morning to me.
Eye clinic yesterday almost 2 years now.
Migraine from hell today and a level of 13.8 going up fast.

Hope everyone is staying warm and safe.

Update on my visit to the vampires this morning,
I was there at 08:00 am,

but was a wasted hospital visit,
my surgery never sent over the request,
despite being told to book the appointment online.

So having been turned away I spent half the morning before I finally got through on the phone to GP surgery, receptionist told me me, she hadn’t ever heard of a Hba1c blood test o_O
so im now expecting a phone call tomorrow afternoon with a HCP,
if they feel it’s necessary I can be referred (via a GP) back to the blood unit back at the hospital (they no longer take blood at my Dr surgery)

peoples incompetence frustrates me so much these days :confused:

Belated posting (had a busy day) but I got a HS this morning!

Tried out my latest stew/soup for lunch today with a 30g portion of Sensations Naan Chips - slightly higher Carb to fat proportion than I've mostly been going for (didn't realise till it was made and I was working out the nutrients per portion that the creme fraiche I had added was fat free... oops!) and post meal BG was 8.8 - not too bad from a pre meal of 6.0 but definitely decided me against the temptation of an afternoon shortbread biscuit from the tin near me in the office!

Oh super frustrating @goodybags ! My last bloods (which turned out to be my diagnosis ones) the practice nurse had forgotten to order them on the system, but since the vampires still do bloods at my GP surgery they were able to get the GP in that day to put the order through

Good morning folks. 6.2 on this cold and frosty day. “Only” -7.5 at the moment but it does seem that it rises when the sun does, or should that say goes down? :confused: ie it gets colder!

My turn to take grandson to his work experience placement. Looking at the car from my window isn’t filling me with hope that it will be a seamless departure. Yesterday, after they had eventually got into the car, Rhys ( grandson) had to climb out of the driver’s side when they arrived, as they couldn’t get the passenger door open, even with one pulling and one pushing! Not an easy task in a two seater sports car! 😱

Anyhoo, it’s my Christmas cut and colour today. Thank goodness, I look like the wild woman of Borneo! I don’t know why, I haven’t left it any longer than usual, maybe the mountain air last week when we were away! When we get back ( Mr Eggy getting his wig bashed too) we will attempt to get the tree up, at the moment it’s still in a bucket of solid ice. We brought it into the house yesterday and it’s still pretty solid! It’s currently blocking my view out of the patio doors! :rofl:

Have a super day, keep warm, and know that it will be raining and mild on Christmas Day, as usual! 🙂

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 7
Good morning - 5.1

Morning all 7.8 for me.

Have a good day

Good morning 5.3 today
a slightly better sleep last night,I managed about 5 hrs

have a great day everybody 😎

Good morning everyone. Talk about freezing cold !!!

A battle getting the bins out this morning. The house side gate locks were frozen solid. I had to free them with boiling water. Then the bins themselves were frozen solid. Had to hammer on the lids to free them. By the time I had finished I was frozen and couldn't feel my feet nor hands.

BG 5.4 nice
Amazingly my body tempetature, after all the bins fiasco, was a normal (for me) 36.4 C

Today I am told I have to get the Christmas decorations out of the shed and put them up this morning. Another lock to defrost. Another freezing cold outing.

My wife was very good yesterday. Happy. Relaxed. Communicating. WE made a test trifle together (a worlds first normally it is not possible for us to work together as she gets too stressed and then upset). The trifle was ok but I can see some improvements can be made to it.

I am so glad that I decided to put the central heating on (at 8C) takes the chill off The housr. I am now snug under my electric throw right now. Breakfast at 8am yessss !

All good..except the thought of going out again...decorations !!

Have a great day today whatever yoy are doing

Somehow I have to get to town later on to get some supplies. Could be fun/difficult/cold

Morning all, 6.7 here. Temperature has plummeted to -7.5 here too, @eggyg and we also have to go out and get our hair cut. Ours involves taking the back route to the next village, because the main road into it is closed.Son was complaining about his car yesterday, he doesn’t drive an eggymobile any more, but his new one also has frameless windows. He managed to get into his yesterday, but the window wouldn’t quite go all the way back up afterwards, so he drove to work with an annoying draught and whistling wind noise in his right ear.

You know how everyone likes to think that London doesn’t have real weather… well it’s currently -5 here and is set to warm to a positively balmy 0
Factor in the wind and it’s -9 now with a high of -3

And we’re not built for this kind of thing! Winter is meant to be found in the countryside and Scottishland and the Alps not in London!!

Morning 5.7 for me. Need to hurry and get dressed though if I'm to drop kids for their train not have to take them all the way to school

You know how everyone likes to think that London doesn’t have real weather… well it’s currently -5 here and is set to warm to a positively balmy 0
Factor in the wind and it’s -9 now with a high of -3

And we’re not built for this kind of thing! Winter is meant to be found in the countryside and Scottishland and the Alps not in London!!
You’ll have to put a jumper on. Do they sell them down in Soft Southern Land?
I might put a coat on today as I’m going into town! 😉

Back