Group 7-day waking average?

There seems to be a major rescue operation at a lake near Solihull where several people are in critical condition having been rescued from freezing water. I suspect they thought the ice was thick enough to walk on. Madness.

I have to say, this woman appeared very confident and serene and had clearly gone there to swim. It just fascinates me how people overcome the shock to their body of getting into water that cold deliberately. The benefits to the circulatory system must be immense as long as you don't get hypothermia and getting out must make you feel radiant.

My levels tend to go high with cold and particularly stress as I imagine the body will experience in cold water, so I very much doubt that a hypo would be an issue and circulation is good so no problems there, plus with wild swimming, particularly at this time of year, it is usually less that 5 mins in the water. I very much doubt I could hypo in that short a time.... but I am a long way off plucking up the courage to do it, so hypothetical at the moment!

I spot a Dingbat hypo! :rofl:

5.3 for me this morning at 8am
Sorry for late post I must have forgot to click on reply earlier today
congratulations @Ditto and @42istheanswer on the HS

Good morning everyone

Today: eye check. If I am brave (daft) enough I will walk there and back. It will take me about 4 hours!

BG 4.9
BP 117/71
Pulse 65

All good

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Morning all on this slightly “milder” morning. Only -4.1 today. And a HS, 5.2! Woo hoo! That doesn’t happen very often. And on my meter, which is downstairs, as my sensor pinged off in bed last night! Due to be changed tomorrow morning anyways, I won’t bother Abbott with it. I’ve just realised after seeing the photo I haven’t changed the time on my meter, obviously haven’t used it since the clocks changed!

Zara day today, then picking up grandson from his work experience at 4pm and that’s him staying at ours until Friday. Although he’ll be back Saturday ( along with his two sisters and two cousins) for our annual Christmas party and a sleepover for all five of them! He might as well just stay Friday night too. Wall to wall grandchildren this week. We unexpectedly had our eldest granddaughter here yesterday, after a message asking for a lift from “ Katie’s sister’s boyfriend’s parents’ house!” 😱 She’d forgotten her stepdad was working and couldn’t oblige, so of course Gags to the rescue. She stayed for 5 hours ( she did do her homework TBF) and ate us out of house and home! Is it Monday 19th December yet! 😉

Have a great day. Brrr! Keep warm and keep safe.
Those poor children who fell into the lake yesterday. How sad, no update on their condition as of yet. It doesn’t bear thinking about does it?

Attachments

• A8EFFB3A-38D7-4605-8079-A8B6A59859C1.jpeg
    A8EFFB3A-38D7-4605-8079-A8B6A59859C1.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2
Good morning- 6.2

Good morning 5.4
snowing today

take care everybody 😎

Wow! 5.2 for me too - congratulations to my fellow HS, @eggyg !

Crunchy underfoot outside, but no more snow and a bit has thawed away, roads are ok around here so all good!

Good luck walking to your appointment @Gwynn if you do decide to walk!

D1E9CD99-B592-4560-AD86-B837A91DC09B.jpeg

Well done to both @eggyg & @Eternal422 on those special numbers. 🙂
A middle-of-the-road 5.5 for me today.

Dez

5.3 for me and went to bed on 11.9 with no insulin (basal or bolus) and still needed a single JB for a 4.2 with a downward sloping arrow at 6am. I also needed a couple of small corrections in the afternoon yesterday, despite plenty of exercise and no lunch, so if I cut my morning basal dose of 20 units I will need more corrections but if I don't, the tail end of that is still enough to hypo me at 6am even bumping my levels up to 12 before bed. To be fair this is because I am doing a lot more exercise and my muscles are sucking the glucose out of my blood whilst I sleep probably more than the tail end of the morning Levemir. Thankfully I slept much better last night. I wonder if my HRT patch being overdue was a factor in 2 nights of restlessness and bad dreams.

Many congratulations to @eggyg and @Eternal422 on your House Specials this morning.

Morning

A whopping 11.9 this morning, so hoping it is just a blip and I am not going down with something.

about 1 - 2 to inches of snow here last night, not supposed to snow anymore today, but the sky looks like it might snow again.

Supposed to be going to Bakeclub tonight, but they might cancel due to weather and a numbe of people not able to attend due to lurgies.

my Christmas wreath morning was fun and made me feel better.

@eggyg and @Eternal422 congratulations on HS today.

Attachments

• DD860DB6-B27F-4F29-8178-C69A5D62E34B.jpeg
    DD860DB6-B27F-4F29-8178-C69A5D62E34B.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 41388BE0-4039-486D-AEFC-42C9C9C622F0.jpeg
    41388BE0-4039-486D-AEFC-42C9C9C622F0.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 5
Back