Group 7-day waking average?

Amazon failed to deliver a parcel to me on Wednesday that I had selected as "Amazon day" to save them coming on Tuesday and Wednesday as one part was going to take till Wednesday. They had originally on Wednesday said it would be mid afternoon! Thankfully it wasn't anything urgent and they did deliver it yesterday (actually fit in my mailbox so I'm wondering if it got mislaid in the van on Wednesday with being a small parcel.... they took till about 9.30pm to admit it wasn't going to be delivered that day - at 8.55pm they were still promising delivery by 9pm!).

I have something yet to come that was sent from the US on 7th November via DHL with an estimated delivery of 1-8 Dec, DHL's website said it arrived in UK on 16th November so they seem to be taking an awful long time to process it through customs.... not sure at what point to try messaging them. It's for youngest's stocking so really would like it before Christmas!

Delivery companies! I was tracking the dpd van that was supposedly delivering my Insulet parcel (3 months’ supply of Omnipods) between half four n five on Tuesday - “he’s nearly here...oh, no, he’s going in the wrong direction...he’s left Pembrokeshire...he’s heading into Swansea...he’s parked up, gone home, had his tea, and is down the pub”. And all the while the app was saying “he’s running late, he’ll be with you shortly”. Got the package the following day! 😱

I’m waiting on Amazon to deliver cutlery & chopsticks today too & the estimate keeps going up! I couldn’t buy online from tesco or asda any knifes: they’re all in store only: so, to ensure everything matches I bought a set of cutlery from amazon & for free delivery added steel chopsticks as well!

The estimated delivery has gone from 12:00 to 16:45 & now it’s 19:00? REALLY? I have a feeling it won’t be today: I HATE THAT!

Why is it that knives, all of a sudden, can’t be bought online to be delivered? Not even a relatively blunt dinner knife? :confused:

Yeah! Seriously NOT ONE knife to be had, available for home delivery, from asda OR tesco last week & had to resort to amazon! MAYBE I could understand sharp kitchen knives but, dinner knives too? Only sets of forks, desert spoons or teaspoons with no knives or full cutlery sets, as they include knives, were available: ALL were in store only! 😱🙄:(

Evening all. Overslept this morning and just realised i forgot to post. I was 7.3 when i woke and am currently 92% in target for the day! Hopefully things are finally settling down!

Morning all

6.2 this morning, following my visit to the DN, she gave me a new meter, currently only have the 10 strips that came with it, but will pick up more strips tomorrow as she sent through 100 on prescription. HbA1C had gone up from 50 to 60, but due to my current mental health issues she said at the moment try and just maintain it and my weight and when my mental health improves then hopefully my weight and bg levels will show an improvement, and then we can work on the diabetes again. She was very kind and understanding.

congratulations to all those who have been getting HS, well done to you all.

Senging my love to those that are struggling, either with diabetes, mental health, physical pain or anything else that is causing them to struggle.

Going to make myself a regular on here again and test every morning.
Great to see your back @Grannylorraine and testing again now you have a new meter, plus a by the sound of it understanding DSN

Good morning everyone

BG 4.9

Absolutely nothing planned for today as it is very cold, very icy, AND raining!!!!! Just keeping warm is about as much as I will be able to do.

Still no Christmas decorations up and the fake tree is in the snow covered shed, so its staying there for now.

I hope we get our Sainsburys delivery due today and our one last Amazon delivery.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Morning all. 5.7 and back home.

Been awake since 5, again! Tried to stay in bed until at least 7.30 when the heating goes on but succumbed at 6.50 and flicked it on early! My temperature thingy me bob, shows it’s -3 outside and 12 degrees in my kitchen! 😱 As we’ve been away for a week the house had got very cold and it took ages for it to warm up yesterday when we got home, coal fire and boiler going like the clappers. Apparently we used £8 worth of gas from 2pm to bedtime at 10.30! Should settle down today, I hope. Just have to keep moving, which won’t be difficult as we’ve a really, really busy week coming up. I need to go food shopping today, a Saturday, oh dear, but I’ve not much in and we are having our grandson staying Monday -Friday next week as he’s doing work experience close to us and it makes sense as he lives a 40 mile round trip away. He eats like, well, an almost 16 year old boy, ie loads! Think we’ll have to remortgage to afford the grocery bill this week and fuel bill, extra showers, and no doubt lots of extra washing!

Have a great day and hope you’re all keeping warm.🙂
No photos of the Lake District today, just my haul from Lakeland! Of course I bought more than just the cling film.

Attachments

• A786732C-6746-41A5-9873-B2820BB93C12.jpeg
    A786732C-6746-41A5-9873-B2820BB93C12.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 11
Good morning. Very hard frost here. BG 6.00. Field waterers frozen up as was Taras' place yesterday. The horses warm wire has kept the stables automatic water flowing.

Got a nasty shock on using Energy Hub on EDF - using £360 every 4 weeks since October. EEK! My smart meter in house screen has not been working for months so I got a bit short with EDF who have at last promised to supply a new one. Had my tame electrician install a submeter for Taras accommodation yesterday, alas you guessed it, 90% being used by him - running the fan heater instead of using the gas. I don't suppose he realises just how costly electricity is here since I have not been charging him during his 8 month stay - altho' to be fair he volunteered £100 last month. During the summer the bill was about double the usual at £84 which I could afford but £360 is too much. His place is my summer overspill so it isn't very well insulated - I usually just close it down for the winter - but he has been saying he is quite warm enough...Not quite sure how we shall resolve the issue - meanwhile today will require water supply sorting out which I could well do without.

Stay warm everyone and have a good weekend.

Good morning 6.2 today,

i haven’t opened the curtains yet, but I’m sure it’s cold outside (it’s cold inside)
think it a day for layers - stay warm everybody,

have a great day everybody 😎

Morning all. Freezing, icy, misty, wintery and snowing here and I've to go out to the chemist and pick up the repeat meds as they were shut for some reason yesterday. Note on door come back tomorrow from 9. Agh. I will be slippy sliding all over the show. Will need to weight down Sholley with books. Oh hang on, daughter has just phoned, said wait for her and hubby to take me. Relief! 6.0 for me today. 🙂

A near miss today on 5.1 🙂
Fliippin' cold here with a light dusting of snow.

Dez

5.0 this morning and a beautiful flat line around that level all night that’s about to be destroyed by breakfast :rofl:

@Lanny - deliveries are so annoying! I ordered a couple of timers from Amazon (for some Xmas lights) last weekend, they never turned up and I got a refund. Now guess what? Today I get a message saying they are out for delivery! Presumably I’ll now get them for free, but we’re going to be out for most of the day. I now try and avoid deliveries for weekends, the opposite of pre-pandemic days, now that I work from home.

Hard frost here overnight so it will be a cold one today. Stay warm everyone!

Morning all. 🙂 7.2 here. And a lie-in!

Well, I had a very enjoyable evening last night - my first performance with Côr y Dysgwyr / Welsh Learners Choir. We’re not very good at the moment, but we got everyone singing - hubby reckoned it was sensible to wait for the crowd to get a few beers inside them first. By the time we got to Sosban Fach and Calon Lân (who doesn’t love these two classics?) the whole room was singing. AND £250-odd was raised for a local cancer charity. Win win.

There’s a couple of old hippies in the choir. She was eyeing the cheese crackers on the buffet table and sighing, so I asked why. Turns out, they both stick to a keto diet - she’s lost 6 stone and he’s lost 2. Bloomin heck, it really works!

Time to brave the beach. At least there’s no cold wind to nip at our noses. Brrrrr....

Last edited:
Back