Group 7-day waking average?

So many HS today!

@Gwynn if you have central heating now might be the time to at least put it on for half an hour or so twice a day to prevent the pipes freezing, as the subsequent cost of the damage could well be more than the savings of not having the heating on at all

I got 6.0 this morning, happy with that as had tea very late last night.

I did a Mince pie experiment yesterday afternoon as a colleague had brought some brandy Mince pies in to work.... so had one with double cream mid-afternoon, BG rise from 4.7 to 6.9 so I have declared it a successful experiment and shall add a Mince pie onto my Christmas menu! Probably not a brandy one as my oldest who will be eating the rest of the box doesn't like alcohol, but I have Baileys cream to have with it 😉

CH is now on. Thanks

Good morning. 5.5 at 5am. Still in bed keeping warm but haven’t been back to sleep.

Brilliant walk yesterday, although, for once, I never got warmed up the entire five hours we were out. We walked to Rydal Water then to Grasmere via the lake. Had our picnic on a park bench in the sunshine. Then walked back via the Coffin Route. A very enjoyable, cold, frosty, sunny but busy walk. 9.5 miles.

Going home today. Chucking out time is 10am. Probably leave earlier, trip to recycling centre first, then on to Windermere to Lakeland Limited for cling film and then will pop into Booths for something for the tea. Should be home for lunch. I like going on holiday but I like going home too. Got the heating set to come on about 10am, hopefully nice and cosy by the time we arrive home. Then I think we’ll be lighting the fire today. Another cold one, middle daughter just messaged me, she starts at six today and it was -7 as she walked to work! Brrrr….😱

Last photos of the holiday. The stepping stones at Rydal, lovely to look at but I would never, ever, in a million years, walk over them! Me and stepping stones don’t get along, I’ve still got the scar on my head from slipping off one crossing a stream at Hayeswater a few years ago. Had a very soggy walk back to the car with blood streaming down my face! I just look at them now!
The sunset over Ambleside last night from our window.

Have a fab Friday all.

Attachments

• AD661DF8-593A-4376-8D07-22B63C39C0E1.jpeg
    AD661DF8-593A-4376-8D07-22B63C39C0E1.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 9BE7CAF0-2297-4653-A871-187F16D4F755.jpeg
    9BE7CAF0-2297-4653-A871-187F16D4F755.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 12
Good morning - 5.4

Good morning everyone

Had my meeting with the consultant yesterday...only it wasn't. However, it was a very good doctor/registrar. It was a useful visit.

Sorry but BG this morning 5.2 again

Today, nothing planned, a quiet day

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

5.0 for me this morning, had some mid 3s overnight according to the Libre but the glucose tablet I took at 1am something seemed to just bring it up enough to cruise around mid 4s. That coupled with a couple of spikes from yesterday gave me a miserable 46% in range in the last 24 hours. At least that leaves plenty of scope for improvement today!

Congratulations @Gwynn on yet another HS!

@eggyg - never knew about the stepping stones, but I’m with you in not trying them! Knowing me I would do the same and fall off them!

Stay warm and have a great Friday everyone!

Good morning! 5.0 today.

My Libre starter kit arrived on Wednesday, so I'm all set for the introduction webinar next week. I hope it is helpful and doesn't give me too many headaches.

Two days ago I just arrived to work and a colleague told me off for eating sweets and drinking Coca cola, the full sugar version according to her but I'm 100% sure it was Diet. She said it is very dangerous for me and she would kill me if she catches me, and that she wouldn't be surprised if I go to hospital! I think the appropriate answer would be "mind your own business" but I was too busy laughing at the unexpected, absurd situation. This lady is dramatic like that, better smile and ignore. I understand she doesn't want me to die...we are too understaffed for that :rofl:

Good morning. 5.5 at 5am. Still in bed keeping warm but haven’t been back to sleep.

Brilliant walk yesterday, although, for once, I never got warmed up the entire five hours we were out. We walked to Rydal Water then to Grasmere via the lake. Had our picnic on a park bench in the sunshine. Then walked back via the Coffin Route. A very enjoyable, cold, frosty, sunny but busy walk. 9.5 miles.

Going home today. Chucking out time is 10am. Probably leave earlier, trip to recycling centre first, then on to Windermere to Lakeland Limited for cling film and then will pop into Booths for something for the tea. Should be home for lunch. I like going on holiday but I like going home too. Got the heating set to come on about 10am, hopefully nice and cosy by the time we arrive home. Then I think we’ll be lighting the fire today. Another cold one, middle daughter just messaged me, she starts at six today and it was -7 as she walked to work! Brrrr….😱

Last photos of the holiday. The stepping stones at Rydal, lovely to look at but I would never, ever, in a million years, walk over them! Me and stepping stones don’t get along, I’ve still got the scar on my head from slipping off one crossing a stream at Hayeswater a few years ago. Had a very soggy walk back to the car with blood streaming down my face! I just look at them now!
The sunset over Ambleside last night from our window.

Have a fab Friday all.
I recall getting ever so slightly damp using those stepping stones!

6.2 this morning.

@Gwynn you’ve got enough special houses to have a whole town by now! 🙂

4.7 for me this cold and frosty morning. 🙂

Dez

@Gwynn congratulations on the HS

Morning everyone 5 for me a couple of hours ago, its very cold outside this morning, dogs dashed out to toilet and back into warmth as soon as they'd done, could hear the frosty grass crunching under their paws.

Have a good day everyone 🙂

I’m sorry to hear this. Half the trouble is the lack of education given to newly diagnosed T1s. They tell you “inject this and that will happen” you then get frustrated because “that” doesn’t actually happen and you don’t know why. You feel it’s your fault. Believe me it's not! I found things a lot easier when I began to understand all the underlying “mechanisms” that can affect us. I would seriously suggest that you get a copy of “think like a pancreas” by Gary Scheiner. It opened my eyes to a lot of things I should have been told but wasn’t. Not your diabetic team’s fault really, just lack of time and resources. Buy the book and read it through, not just once. Keep it by you.

One thing I will say is that if your basal insulin dose is wrong nothing else will be right. I can’t post the way of basal testing right now as I don’t have it on my iPad. Later when I get to my laptop I will.
Thanks so much i will get that book

Good morning! 5.0 today.

My Libre starter kit arrived on Wednesday, so I'm all set for the introduction webinar next week. I hope it is helpful and doesn't give me too many headaches.

Two days ago I just arrived to work and a colleague told me off for eating sweets and drinking Coca cola, the full sugar version according to her but I'm 100% sure it was Diet. She said it is very dangerous for me and she would kill me if she catches me, and that she wouldn't be surprised if I go to hospital! I think the appropriate answer would be "mind your own business" but I was too busy laughing at the unexpected, absurd situation. This lady is dramatic like that, better smile and ignore. I understand she doesn't want me to die...we are too understaffed for that :rofl:
I found the Libre webinar really good - simple to understand which made using the Libre straight away without any problems.

You just have to laugh at some people - I used to work with a lady who insisted I take insulin when I was low!

Back