Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all and a 5.6 for me trying a bolus reduction this morning as I don't want to repeat yesterday's glucose fest. So far so good.

Currently charging battery banks and power packs for tomorrow's gig.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning all 11.8 for me this morning. Had a busy day yesterday three hypos . Quite a few jbs and peanut butter chocolate fingers did a 8 mile walk with dog so had to keep topping up . Soon get that sorted. (Hopefully) Had a bad day at foot and eye screening clinic yesterday Feet's gone from low risk to high risk She made an emergency appointment for me .. Explained that the system was now broken used to get an appointment every three months Had one in February this year and next appointment I could get was for January next year It's a joke The system is broken Don't know if I have a new diabetes nurse since she left last may . No calls two and a half year since I had a face to face Don't suppose it's just me

I've never been able to 'get in to' opera or ballet but looking at the posts here many of you do. I am probably missing out but I prefer plain (?) Orchestral works, pipe organ, choir.

11:57 BS 4.7 but, no problems going to the loo, wash my hands, & back & DP will raise that a bit without ore bolusing for breakfast today, midday alarm just went off! 🙄

I dialled down the bolus for a can of soup last night with no hypo but, JUST a bit less as I don’t like waking in the 4’s; not much wriggle room! 😱

A Very G’day Mates & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

ITT will be on BBC 2 at 18:30 to 19:00 before Strictly is on at 20:00 on BBC 1 tonight: I wonder if it’s football related; kind of know The World Cup is on but, NO IDEA what stage it’s at? 🙄o_O:rofl:😉

Musicals week is my favourite week & Kym is back after covid made her miss last week! 🙂

7.0 for me and went to bed on 6.6 with no insulin again after 3 trips up the hill amounting to 5 miles hauling horse feed. Bit disappointed that it didn't come down a bit, as I would usually expect to be hypo after 4 consecutive days of that sort of strenuous activity, even without evening Levemir. I did eat a good amount of cheese before bed though, so maybe that held me steady.
I had a rare Unicorn day yesterday too
IMG_20221202_102856056.jpg
although it doesn't seem to have improved my TIR stats for the last 7 days at all! I am still showing as 89% with 11% below 🙄

Morning all. Clickety click, 6.6.

Off to Ambleside for a week. Really looking forward to it, and it’s only an hours drive. Weather forecast mostly dry, that’s a miracle in the Lake District. Only one slight snag, I’ve got a cough, started a few days ago, thanks Zara, it was just dry and tickly, now it’s hacking! Slept upright all night. Hoping the cold, fresh Lakeland air will cure me, rather than the other! 🙄

Have a fab Friday. Think they’ve got WiFi out in wilds of Cumbria so I’ll see you all tomorrow.🙂
Rub Vicks on the soles of your feet it will stop you coughing at night. I know, sounds ridiculous but it does seem to work!

6.1 this morning.

Spent the morning at my uncle’s funeral. He was from Glasgow originally and they had a piper play the coffin into the chapel and play us out afterwards. Lovely touch, if a bit emotional. Saw lots of my cousins and aunts and uncles which was nice, albeit in sad circumstances.

Anyway, had a whisky in his honour afterwards at the wake, whilst playing Guess The Carbs on the buffet. (I lost according to the Libre).

Can’t see this fog lifting today, very gloomy and cold here.

Have a good day everyone!

8 busses/trains and 9 hours later we are back home.
Kiddo is now on the low risk (shorter) waiting list for the surgery on her knee.
I asked realistically what's the waiting time like and he mentioned a year but things are changing all the time. She could be done at another hospital too (which is fine as the one we go to isn't exactly local).
In dire need of a coffee and to sort out my bloods. This sensor is miles out (reading low) so need to properly work out by how much.
Did a complete guesstimate in wetherspoons for lunch, will see how spot on I was (or wasnt).

Evening all, an unexplained 10.6 for me this morning so i corrected with the breakfast bolus. 2 hrs later it was 2.3!!! Oh well, last weekend and this weeks really high levels from the covid jab have reduced my TIR to 60%, the worst its ever been., just in time for my bloods/check next week.

Good evening. Not a very good day despite brilliant, dry, sunny weather. Long grumble follows - sorry.

Rheumatologists rang fairly early - a) identifies me as having a different diagnosis - which he has made without meeting me despite more senior consultant having settled the diagnosis after 3 face to face meetings, scans, blood tests and successful treatment (it doesn't go away but is livable with mostly).
b)Then claims fibromyealgia is a precursor to palindromic arthritis, that I should show more joint damage (its called palindromic because between flares the joints go back to normal), then claims that 50% of palindromics turn out to be straight rheumatoid arthritics (its about 15% and indicates an early mis-diagnosis).
c)He kept bleating piteously "I am here to help you" - I did manage to resist saying "Then read the bloody research papers" but only 'cos I was brung up proper.
d)Then we had the usual "You must reduce your steroids" "you could take painkillers" discussion. Tongue well bitten I reminded him that I can only take opiods to avoid problems with other drugs I am on and the problems with prolonged use of opiods. Then he starts obviously reading from list for the first time - missing out the one which causes the problems until I prompt him.
e) Why will I not take dmards? Back to the drawing-board...I won't go into his dietary advice or his worry that steroids make you fat. That pain (and eating from depression/boredom) also can make you fat by restricting exercise/outings etc was obviously not noted in his training.

I think I qualify for a gold star for getting through the "consultation" without being rude - except I also qualify for a pile of donkey doo-dahs for immediately driving to Aldi's and buying mince pies and stollen despite only needing fish, lamb and vegies (mind still full of unexpressed red rage). What is worse a) I ate some b) they were not very nice (shall not inflict them on visitors over Chrissy) c) BG after 2 hours was 19.2.... Mr Pancreas and his liverish chum obviously doing an unamused Queen Vick. Oh well, did manage to find some herrings in Morrisons so I'll be good tomorrow. The 'silver darlings' are rarer than hen's teeth round here.

Morning all, 5.8 on this, what hopefully is going to be a nice, sunny, crisp day in the Lake District.

We’re already up, ablouted and breakfasted. Just waiting until it gets a wee bit lighter before we venture out. Loughrigg Tarn and maybe Loughrigg Fell today. It’s one of the smaller of the Wainwrights but we’ve never done it. All this is direct from our cottage, our plan is to not use the car until we have to go home. We did it last year when we stayed in Hawkshead. Luckily there’s plenty to keep us occupied.

Will report back in the morning, have a fab day. 🙂
PS I’m still coughing.:( All wrapped up though, four layers, hat, buff, thermal gloves, and a flask of tea!

Girding my loins for a trip to Waitrose this morning. Sainsbury’s is closer but that’s always chaos on a Saturday and it’ll be worse in the run up to Christmas hence the Waitrose option.
Don’t need much.

Turning to opera and ballet again I did try to book Friday rush tickets yesterday for the nutcracker this week but even though it allowed me to put tickets in my basket the site kept crashing. Eventually when it didn’t crash there were no tickets left.
Not a big deal as I’ve waited 55 years to see The Nutcracker so another year isn’t too much of a burden!

Next week I’ve got the follow up appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon so am holding off booking things until I’ve got a better sense of the likely timing of any operation but there’s lots I want to see which is making my short list.

@eggyg Elaine if you really want to make sure you don’t use your car when you’re away then just lend it to me!

Girding my loins for a trip to Waitrose this morning. Sainsbury’s is closer but that’s always chaos on a Saturday and it’ll be worse in the run up to Christmas hence the Waitrose option.
Don’t need much.

Turning to opera and ballet again I did try to book Friday rush tickets yesterday for the nutcracker this week but even though it allowed me to put tickets in my basket the site kept crashing. Eventually when it didn’t crash there were no tickets left.
Not a big deal as I’ve waited 55 years to see The Nutcracker so another year isn’t too much of a burden!

Next week I’ve got the follow up appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon so am holding off booking things until I’ve got a better sense of the likely timing of any operation but there’s lots I want to see which is making my short list.

@eggyg Elaine if you really want to make sure you don’t use your car when you’re away then just lend it to me!
You’re very welcome. Camille would love a change. 😉

Good morning

BG 4.8

All good

Morning all, 4.7 here. It’s not foggy! It cleared for a couple of hours yesterday, then gloom descended again, but it’s reasonably clear this morning. Have got my thermals out ready for riding, though, it looks cold.

Back