Group 7-day waking average?

@ColinUK

Kathryn Lewek gave a fine performance as the Queeen in Barcelona earlier this year, She was excellent in the high (F6 above top C) notes but a little woolly in the lower registers, but that is only my opinion, I am spoiled by Damrau's performances. I am sure that you will enjoy the opera.

Morning all - looks quite pleasant out.

6.3 this morning after a decent night's sleep.

Off to meet a couple of girlfriends in town for coffee and later we're both meeting other friends for a quick drink in the local. Have taken "one I made earlier" chicken curry out of the freezer and we'll have it with some rice for dinner.

I feel quite faint at the thought of making dinner for a couple of hundred like Colin's mum! I was tired out after catering for our house guests last week and there were only 2 of them! Mind you, I used to cater at least 2 big parties every year. This year we're hosting a small group next week for drinks and nibbles. I am afraid it will be catered from Lidl.... they've got some lovely pates in at the moment and always have a good selection of cheeses.

One regret about moving to Cornwall is the lack of opportunity to see Opera and dance. About once or at most twice a year a touring opera company comes to the Hall for Cornwall and that's it. You lot are making me feel quite envious!

Well done Goodybags on the HS. All the more precious for being rare!

Have a lovely day all.

I’ll have to check out this later!

I’ve seen & heard Maria Callas singing Queen of the night: bought the cd years ago from the La Scalla Opera House shop in Milan when sadly, it was being renovated at the time; saw it on youtube a few years ago! 😱😛

To me Maria Callas was the greatest ever opera singer although, I know she polarises people: some say her voice is flawed & not crystal clear; I’m in the camp of she has SO much emotion in her voice that wouldn’t be THERE if it was crystal clear! 😛

It’s the same thing that I think & feel about the voice of Judy Garland: SO much emotion conveyed in her voice! 😛

@ColinUK that sounds like an egg dish that was potentially worth the BG :rofl:

I must have dozed off while waiting because the 13:30 alarm I set, for social worker’s visit at 2pm, woke me up & I saw that my sister came & went as the windows I opened were now closed with no chemical smells! Phew!

It was LOVELY sitting down at the table in the kitchen, looks SO bare, with me in my sunglasses as I only noticed today that the fabric roller blind is gone too, must have been contaminated, because of my glare issues after my first cataract op! 😎:D It’s not even a bright day as it’s cloudy& grey but, my eyes couldn’t cope with the glare: even when raining outside aI need sunglasses; it was like being outside so, I need to get a blind as soon as possible!😱

It was about applying for Universal Credit & so, I looked up NI direct & started reading about it! But, will eat lunch now & do some more reading, applying etc. later. :confused:

Morning all - looks quite pleasant out.

6.3 this morning after a decent night's sleep.

Off to meet a couple of girlfriends in town for coffee and later we're both meeting other friends for a quick drink in the local. Have taken "one I made earlier" chicken curry out of the freezer and we'll have it with some rice for dinner.

I feel quite faint at the thought of making dinner for a couple of hundred like Colin's mum! I was tired out after catering for our house guests last week and there were only 2 of them! Mind you, I used to cater at least 2 big parties every year. This year we're hosting a small group next week for drinks and nibbles. I am afraid it will be catered from Lidl.... they've got some lovely pates in at the moment and always have a good selection of cheeses.

One regret about moving to Cornwall is the lack of opportunity to see Opera and dance. About once or at most twice a year a touring opera company comes to the Hall for Cornwall and that's it. You lot are making me feel quite envious!

Well done Goodybags on the HS. All the more precious for being rare!

Have a lovely day all.
Royal Opera House has a streaming service. It’s not bad but I much prefer going and seeing things in person.
It’s available on all smart TVs and fire sticks etc. £9.99/month.
National Theatre has a similar streaming platform and there’s also one which does a variety of shows from London and Broadway but is much more musicals focused than the ROH or NT. Might be worth checking out though if you’re missing Culture.

(which I could never ever have contemplated reaching, being a fairly low alto all my life)
Snap! I really struggle at choir - I seem to spend most of my time just mouthing the words. o_O If I hang out with the sopranos they go too high for me, and if I hang out with the blokes I'm put off by how loud their voices are! I'll give it a year...it's good for my Welsh. 😎

Snap! I really struggle at choir - I seem to spend most of my time just mouthing the words. o_O If I hang out with the sopranos they go too high for me, and if I hang out with the blokes I'm put off by how loud their voices are! I'll give it a year...it's good for my Welsh. 😎
I went to a wedding recently where the hymns were in such a high key I ended up singing them all an octave lower. Daughter takes after me, she confessed afterwards that she’d done that too!

I see what you mean, found her on Youtube, and she can definitely multi task! Ie, Act whilst coping with the coloratura! You quite often get one or the other but not both.
I’ve only seen The Magic Flute once, many years ago and it was a touring opera company who always sang in English. I quite often try and emulate that scene as a laugh! I’m pretty rubbish and I’ve got quite a high voice naturally but of course I’m not a trained singer, it makes me want to take lessons!

I’ve only seen The Magic Flute once, many years ago and it was a touring opera company who always sang in English. I quite often try and emulate that scene as a laugh! I’m pretty rubbish and I’ve got quite a high voice naturally but of course I’m not a trained singer, it makes me want to take lessons!
There’s a scene in Phantom of The Opera that is very reminiscent of Queen of the Night, I think, & the original cast recording, it wasn’t Sarah Brightman & it was Lisa Hull by the time I saw it live in 1992, where Sarah Brightman did an excellent job of laughing the high notes “Poor fool, he makes me laugh” followed by the high notes as in The Queen of the Night aria! I just remembered that: haven’t seen or heard it in a while; bought the cd in 1992 & saw the film they did of it in 2004.

I’ve just discovered that there’s a movie version of The Magic Flute directed by Ken Branagh.

I think I may be first up this morning

BG 5.4 but yesterday evening it was 5.2

Today not sure about walking as it serms very cold.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Good morning - 4.9

Happy first of December!

Pinch and a punch to all who celebrate the beginning of a new month.

Got woken by the 14 year old, panicking that I had overslept... no they just wanted me to come downstairs with them cos it's December.... so got up and came down and watched them discover what advent calendar I've got them (a fidget toy one) and told them that they don't need to wake me this early every morning this year....

BG 5.7

Good morning everyone! 3.9 for me after what looks to be a night of lows according to the Libre chart. Oh well, that’s the basal testing I had planned to do this morning postponed then!

@ColinUK - and a punch and a kick for being so quick😉

Lindt Advent calendar to look forward to later on tonight (my annual treat, yes I know, still a big kid!)

Have a good day everyone!

Morning all. 5.7 for me, quickly dropping to 4.1, very different from the beginning of the week!

Its very dark out there this morning and i think its going to be a very long day..

Back