Group 7-day waking average?

Morning folks. 🙂 5.6 here.

Wow @eggyg, sweet sixteen. I’m trying to think of a lad from school I could’ve ended up marrying...nope, they were all just smelly boys to me back then! Will you be doing the catering for two sixteenth birthday bashes? They’re very lucky, your grandkids, to have such a fab pair of grandparents. 🙂 🙂

6.1 for me today. 🙂
Congratulations @goodybags on that House Special.

Dez

Morning folks. 🙂 5.6 here.

Wow @eggyg, sweet sixteen. I’m trying to think of a lad from school I could’ve ended up marrying...nope, they were all just smelly boys to me back then! Will you be doing the catering for two sixteenth birthday bashes? They’re very lucky, your grandkids, to have such a fab pair of grandparents. 🙂 🙂
No, it was suggested by granddaughter but I told her no. It’s getting harder and harder as the family gets bigger, plus I’m too busy this week, going on our hols on Friday.
We’re going out for a meal tonight, and we won’t be offering to pay either! That’s getting more and more expensive too. There’s 13 of us and we didn’t get much change out of £500 last time! 😱

No, it was suggested by granddaughter but I told her no. It’s getting harder and harder as the family gets bigger, plus I’m too busy this week, going on our hols on Friday.
We’re going out for a meal tonight, and we won’t be offering to pay either! That’s getting more and more expensive too. There’s 13 of us and we didn’t get much change out of £500 last time! 😱
That’s like mum. The folks have always had the largest house out of the immediate-ish family so it always falls to them to host big gatherings at Pesach, birthdays, anniversaries, Rosh Hashona, Christmas etc.
Mum wanted to do it again this year but I’ve put my foot down and said no.
The numbers have been cut right back from the initial guest list of 40 for a full on sit down dinner that she’d have catered by herself to a much more manageable 10.
She’s 80 and dad’s 82 and it exhausts them. Ten seems to be a sensible number and I fully expect that will rise closer to 15 or so once waifs and strays are collected but at least it won’t approach 50.
It’s a long time since her days of being able to whip up a meal for a couple of hundred or so by herself and sometimes she forgets that!

Good morning all and it’s a 5.1 for me this grey miserable looking morning.

7.1 this morning.

Might have had something to do with the egg dish I had yesterday. It was delicious and quite unusual. I think they seasoned the eggs with a little sugar, some butter, a little chocolate and some flour to thicken it all. And then they must have baked it.

Ooh just had a text from the hospital - appointment next Tuesday presumably with the surgeon to follow up on the MRI.
Now I’m hoping that the operation won’t impact the opera tickets I booked last night!
First time I’ve booked in advance like a normal person. Covent Garden. Magic Flute and Barber of Seville. Seats for both. Albeit very very cheap ones so I’m not looking at Amazon and eBay for Opera glasses!

Morning everyone. 4.7 and an undeserved 100% time in range. Didn't stay steadily under 4 for long enough yesterday to register on libre as events so it gave me gold star. Feel like a fraud :rofl:

Hope you all have a great day today x

Now I’ve got an ear worm! Funny though, I can’t even run it through in my head without my throat going into spasm on the high notes, (which I could never ever have contemplated reaching, being a fairly low alto all my life)
Yes I know what you mean. This is one of my two favourite operas, the other being Peter Grimes. Diana Damrau is by far the best Queen I have ever heard.

@ColinUK

Who is singing the Queen of the Night?
This is the cast for the performance I’m attending.

I’ve never seen it before and don’t think I’m familiar with any of the music.

E3C9E9BA-ED64-4FCD-9036-507DB336AB64.jpeg

Morning all and 3.8 for me

Don't know what happened yesterday but rehearsal was only possible by consuming what seemed like vast amounts of glucose tablets. Eventually went up to double figures and I didn't miss a beat. One thing I learned was that playing a sax whilst sucking on a gluco tab is not the best of ideas.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning! Woke up at 3:00 with the phantom pain kicking in badly. As it didn't settle got up and made a cuppa to wash down some pain killers. I tried Wordle to take my mind off it but abandoned after first word as tempted to put in SWEAR, PAINS, etc. so started on my Christmas card list. Getting drowsy now so will just report BG. Twas 8.9 at 4:00. Will report again before breakfast which may be late! :(

Was 7.7 before breakfast. This Porcine Isophane has a long tail. (pig tail emoji)

Yes I know what you mean. This is one of my two favourite operas, the other being Peter Grimes. Diana Damrau is by far the best Queen I have ever heard.
I see what you mean, found her on Youtube, and she can definitely multi task! Ie, Act whilst coping with the coloratura! You quite often get one or the other but not both.

I see what you mean, found her on Youtube, and she can definitely multi task! Ie, Act whilst coping with the coloratura! You quite often get one or the other but not both.
diana damrau queen of the night aria
She’s the one that ROH use in the clips for Magic Flute.
And of course I know this music!
It’s quite remarkable that it’s her evil laugh.

Here’s what being woken up, with a start & rushing for the front door does to my BS after literally turning around in bed this morning in between dreams, most likely or I’d never have heard the doorbell, & not sure if I heard the doorbell as I’ve been known to hear phantom ones on the cusp of sleep/wake & vice versa. Rushed to the door after repeated door chimes to find my sister at the front door saying she had a quick look at the back at the kitchen & told me to open the windows as she’ll be back in an hour after some errands in the town. Immediately after all that rushing 10:25 BS 10.1 but, my heart was racing & I was panting! Another 10 minutes later 10:35 BS 8.1, just as I thought, it’s going down now & I‘ll not do any correcting & see what it’s like later when I eat?

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

I’m knackered after yesterday’s early start & wanted a lie in this morning! Ah well! I’ll eat properly after my sister’s visit & will just have half dose NR & half oatcake, after a bit before she gets here for my BS & I, in italics, to calm down a bit more! 🙄 Then, my social worker is coming today at 2pm about something after I dropped her a quick text yesterday when the kitchen was done!:confused:

I ONLY JUST got rid of most of the chemical smell after leaving the back door open until 19:00 ish last night & my sister has resprayed the kitchen, dining room next door, & the living room in front of them, I have a HUGE living room that’s the size of those two rooms combined so, I’m smelling yucky lemony scents AGAIN! Even in my bedroom yesterday at the opposite end of the house the smell permeated into my lips, mouth & back of my throat making me gag a few times needing to gargle & rinse out my mouth & throat with water during the worst of it! 😱 My lips are still a bit tingly this morning & a slight hint of a taste of chemicals so, not completely out of my system yet! I hardly ate yesterday because everything tasted strange!:confused:

I’ve put the shopping off until tomorrow & ordered a bit less food to get a little saucepan to cook ramen on! I have no saucepans at all, will get them one by one from tesco: I find their Go Cook range is very similar in quality to the Pro Cook range I got before from amazon at a fraction of the price! 🙂

4.2 for me this morning and a hypo headache after a long low dip into the red overnight despite a 2 unit Levemir reduction. I treated the hypo and went straight back to sleep but it seems I didn't quite recover and dropped again. And there was me thinking my TIR results couldn't get any worse 🙄.

Many congrats to @goodybags on that House Special this morning.

@gll Hope you are feeling better soon Lou. Really pleased you managed to get checked out.

@MikeyBikey Really sorry to read that you had phantom pain through the night again. Sending (((HUGS)))

Back