Group 7-day waking average?

The pharmacy i use is next door to the surgery and i have to drive to get there.

A few months ago i put in a script on Patient Access which included a new sharps box. A couple of days later I had a call from the chemist saying they were struggling to get the size sharps box and would i like the smaller or bigger or wait until its delivered which could take up to 2 weeks. I opted for the bigger and the pharmacy went back to the surgery to get this prescribed.

The next day i had a text saying the order was ready to pick up so off i went, dropped my full sharps box off at the surgery and went to collect my prescription. Everything was there except the sharps box! When i queried they said that they were still waiting for the ok from the surgery. I rang the prescription clerk at the surgery who said she was still waiting for a GP to sign it off. I thought it would be another day or so for this to happen but just as i got back to the car and about to drive off i had a call from the surgery saying they had put it in front of a GP and it had been sent to the pharmacy so i could pick it up straight away.

I know things aren't always efficient but i couldn't fault them on the speed they got it sorted out.

Bit late posting as got distracted earlier and forgot to post before going to church, but it was 5.0 🙂 . Managed to find takers for the leftover lettuce packs from Olio collections this week at church, so I don't have to use them up! Just as well as I have days worth of carrot soup, that I made last night from unclaimed carrot batons on their use by date, to keep me going!

I am lucky in that my GP practice also runs a pharmacy within the practice and whilst we do have a choice to opt out I believe, I think it is far easier to remain there so that if there are any queries, it is much easier to sort and if they can't supply anything (like when HRT was in very short supply) they give me script to hawk around other pharmacies to obtain it. My GP surgery is very well run thankfully and seems to adopt forward thinking practices like econsult from the earliest opportunity as well as retaining normal services for those who struggle with the modern tech. Modern innovation coupled with old fashioned values. Best of both worlds.
Barbara, on the whole my GP surgery is wonderful and I wouldn't swap my GP for any tea in China. There is a pharmacy attached to the surgery but it is a branch of Day-Lewis and not known for it's efficiency. Plus it is a fair drive from home since we moved out of town. Lloyds at Sainsburys is much closer and of course there is free parking. Boots in town is good as a rule, but being in the main street which is pedestrian only requires one to park in an expensive council car park or take the bus - cheaper since I have a bus pass, but more time consuming.
My usual chemist is closed currently after a fire a couple of doors down (incidentally I used to live in a flat above there and worked there before I had my daughter too) so everyone is using the only other chemist in town which has them running behind on everything.
Eeek - a bit of a nightmare!

In the event I went to Lloyds, the nice young man there (there are 2 - the other is a jobsworth) said he'd track down my script, told me to go and do my shopping (not that I needed much), found me in the veg aisle and told me he'd found the script and was dispensing it right then. 10 mins later I had my meds! Apparently they'd refused the script because it had the Liothyronine they couldn't supply and thought that the full script would go to Boots. Only the Liothyronine did.

Yippeee... problem solved.

very late posting for me again, 4.9 this morning at 7.45am

Good morning. BG 6.1, black dark outside, been awake since 12.30 with coughing and pain in right side of chest and under shoulder blade- maybe overdid it yesterday. Fixed last 2 fence rails, re-hung the barn doors - new impact driver lovely and light as well as powerful - then brought up the absolute last of the logs from the bottom track and prepared them for splitting/stacking. Wretched contractor who promised to call regarding remaining trees was a no show.

Finding it difficult to eat sensibly at the moment, yesterday's steak went down the dog, seem to be living on nuts and Greek yoghurt. Bought some broccoli to make soup but soup without a nice bit of crusty bread is a bit dreary. All in all feeling a bit glum, for which I apologize.

Wishing everyone a decent week.

It it's 6.9 at moment so that biscuit I had as I only 5.2 after having some stiles for a 4.2 last night wasn't a bad idea.

Good morning 6.1

Yesterday was 6.2
and Saturday 7. something

been a relaxing weekend for me but full of a cough &cold,
we were almost tempted to turn on the central heating on,
but both my wife & I resisted in favour of an extra layer,

hope everybodyshad a great weekend

Morning all. A shocking 13.7 and been up in the 14s!! No idea why apart from small hypo an hour before bed. Levels haven't beem great all weekend.

Its so dark out there this morning. Tired and not looking forward to this week at all.

Morning folks. A higher than of late, 6.8. Maybe at bedtime last night a ginger nut would have sufficed for a 5.2 not a slice of homemade bread toasted with peanut butter!🙄

Zara day today, we haven’t seen her for more than two weeks, I bet she’s grown and is cheekier than ever, can’t wait.

Have a Happy Monday all. 🙂

Well, what an exciting weekend! The cherry on the top was coming across Steve Backshall on the beach, stripped to the waist, about to throw himself into the sea for a swim. I was in a bit of a rush cos my glucose was trending diagonally downwards but at the sight of his muscles the arrow started trending upwards. Thank you, Steve!

Good morning! 5.3 (the crowd gasps at such a near miss).

Why are weekends so short? Oh well, another work week beckons so I best get moving. Hope everyone has a good day.

Morning all, 5.6 here, managed to keep the covidy family member separate from the non-covidy ones, hopefully. Had to laugh, after the comments on farces and trousers round the ankles, which I hadn’t mentioned to her, daughter commented as she set off on foot for the event, 'these new thermal walking leggings are bigger round the waist than my summer pair, I hope they don't slide down while I’m walking there '

Well, what an exciting weekend! The cherry on the top was coming across Steve Backshall on the beach, stripped to the waist, about to throw himself into the sea for a swim. I was in a bit of a rush cos my glucose was trending diagonally downwards but at the sight of his muscles the arrow started trending upwards. Thank you, Steve!
Was he with his wife? She’s the canoeist/water athlete isn’t she?

5.4 for me today. 🙂

Dez

Was he with his wife? She’s the canoeist/water athlete isn’t she?
Yeah, she’s an Olympic champ, so I had a feeling I spot her at some point. I read that she’s near retirement but wants to be involved in Beach Sprint, which is probably going to be a new Olympic sport. I watched the Beach Sprinters in action over the weekend - it’s very exciting especially when the sea’s a bit choppy! The Swedish team took an involuntary dip, brrrrrr. 😱

Yep difinatly do rise in the morning as As 2 hours letter after a bit more sleep before backfast I was 9.6 can't really up my liveimer more as that will cause problems in the night. So just gave to deal with it for now.

Back