Group 7-day waking average?

Woke up to a scam text saying I’ve been in contact with a confirmed case of the latest variant. Please order a free test kit via, then a link, which I have no intention of clicking.
That happened to me and I thought it was genuine. Gave all details of my Barclaycard on the site to pay the 99p charge. Realised it was a scam thanks to someone on here (@Robin ?) and so stopped my card. Someone did try to charge £58 onto it. I asked Bcard to hold off sending my card until I returned from holiday... so thank you for reminding me. I've just managed to speak to someone to get a new card via the app on my phone. Complicated but easier than hanging on the phone for 40 minutes+. Hope the rain stops for you.
yeah that was the system when I moved here too. Its never the same doctor too :(
I agree, much better when you can see the same Doctor for an issue. I emailed mine and said "Look I've been on 8 different BP meds, prescribed by 5 different doctors. I feel like an unwanted parcel being passed around. Can I please just see you for this issue" and lo and behold that's what is now happening. I am on the Patient Panel and we have been able to affect different processes e.g. getting medical records online, getting communication training for the receptionists . If you have the time and they have a panel (only 1 hour meeting every 3 months as a rule), it's worth doing it. OR... find out who is on the panel and take your complaints to them to address. Good luck!

Morning all, a dull grey day in this end of Cornwall.

10.9 eeeek... went out to friends' last night and it was a lovely selection of home made Indian dishes... so what with rice, naan and poppadoms I am not surprised as I hadn't a clue how many carbs I had.

Goody, long overdue housework today :(

Well I woke up to a very nice 5.6 and a lovely straight line over night and I opted for a 1 unit Levemir reduction last night instead of the increase I thought I might need yesterday. Change of plan was due to a good walk /jog out with Rebel in hand (as oppose to under saddle) He loves to go out but just recently he has been starting to find it hard work carrying me, particularly in this heat and at 25yrs old it is reasonable to cut him some slack, so we both went out on foot and had a lovely time. Anyway, I am chuffed to bits with how well I managed my levels last night but then I have completely blown them this morning. Had to head out before breakfast so I thought I would be OK without any Fiasp as I was walking up the hill to the yard and then mucking out 4 GGs as I kept them in all night due to torrential rain. Normal 22 units of Levemir went in an hour before I got up so expected that to hold me steady. Instead I went up into double figures and battling to get them down and looks like breakfast will be at lunchtime again. 🙄. So a whopping 6mmol FOTF increase despite doing a decent amount of physical activity..... very disappointing!.... Looks like I have got it on the run now though!!IMG_20220701_113546998[1018].jpg
Breakfast time!!

@TinaD Not sure I could cope with going to horse sales. Really sad that people chop and change horses anyway, but particularly older horses. Mine are with me for life and whatever issues they have we learn to manage them or work around them somehow. Hope that old girl found a loving home. Covid is responsible for the silly prices. During lockdown, people wanted to be out in the open air and enjoying the countryside and I think it changed people's perspective on work life balance, so the demand for horses went up and so did the prices. Same with dogs I believe. It worries me that there will now also be a large increase in welfare cases as people realize that they are even more expensive to keep than to buy and when finances start to get tight they will find it difficult to manage and that is without considering the behavioral challenges of getting a new horse when you are not experienced enough. I expect the prices to start dropping again in the next couple of years once the reality of it all hits home.... and perhaps the novelty of it wears off. Well done on restraining yourself and letting common sense rule your heart

Well I woke up to a very nice 5.6 and a lovely straight line over night and I opted for a 1 unit Levemir reduction last night instead of the increase I thought I might need yesterday. Change of plan was due to a good walk /jog out with Rebel in hand (as oppose to under saddle) He loves to go out but just recently he has been starting to find it hard work carrying me, particularly in this heat and at 25yrs old it is reasonable to cut him some slack, so we both went out on foot and had a lovely time. Anyway, I am chuffed to bits with how well I managed my levels last night but then I have completely blown them this morning. Had to head out before breakfast so I thought I would be OK without any Fiasp as I was walking up the hill to the yard and then mucking out 4 GGs as I kept them in all night due to torrential rain. Normal 22 units of Levemir went in an hour before I got up so expected that to hold me steady. Instead I went up into double figures and battling to get them down and looks like breakfast will be at lunchtime again. 🙄. So a whopping 6mmol FOTF increase despite doing a decent amount of physical activity..... very disappointing!.... Looks like I have got it on the run now though!!View attachment 21366
Breakfast time!!

@TinaD Not sure I could cope with going to horse sales. Really sad that people chop and change horses anyway, but particularly older horses. Mine are with me for life and whatever issues they have we learn to manage them or work around them somehow. Hope that old girl found a loving home. Covid is responsible for the silly prices. During lockdown, people wanted to be out in the open air and enjoying the countryside and I think it changed people's perspective on work life balance, so the demand for horses went up and so did the prices. Same with dogs I believe. It worries me that there will now also be a large increase in welfare cases as people realize that they are even more expensive to keep than to buy and when finances start to get tight they will find it difficult to manage and that is without considering the behavioral challenges of getting a new horse when you are not experienced enough. I expect the prices to start dropping again in the next couple of years once the reality of it all hits home.... and perhaps the novelty of it wears off. Well done on restraining yourself and letting common sense rule your heart
If I had still resided at my last house, where I had a sloping path which allowed me simply to step across on to horse, once it had been trained not to be horrified by elevated owner, I would have weakened! I have been known to buy emaciated/old/injured at sales just to get them right or let them retire. Happily there were no welfare cases despite several old servants being sent to a dubious future.

If I had still resided at my last house, where I had a sloping path which allowed me simply to step across on to horse, once it had been trained not to be horrified by elevated owner, I would have weakened! I have been known to buy emaciated/old/injured at sales just to get them right or let them retire. Happily there were no welfare cases despite several old servants being sent to a dubious future.
I have access to a lovely ancient stone steps/mounting block 30 yards from my yard. It is on a busy main road in the centre of the village but the footpath is wide there and the horses have all learned that if they stand nicely until I get on, there is a nugget in my pocket for them. Nothing like incentivizing good behaviour or perhaps just straight forward bribery 😱 I can still JUST get up onto 15h from the ground but it doesn't do me or the horse any good and it is not at all pretty to watch 🙄 and I love that the horses now sidle up to the mounting block of their own accord and stand perfectly still to allow me to to get on with the absolute minimum of effort to all of us. And of course, good manners are always nice to see. No way could I manage a 16h+ without a mounting block, so I would rule out a 16h horse too on those grounds and my partner (a keen huntsman), is coming to the same opinion. None of us are getting any younger and hitting the ground from that extra 4 inches is of similar consideration whether intentionally or otherwise!

None of us are getting any younger and hitting the ground from that extra 4 inches is of similar consideration whether intentionally or otherwise!
It’s the getting off that I find hard! We have a huge old stone mounting block in the yard, with steps both ends, so getting on is fine, but dismounting from the 17 hand old gentleman I’m currently riding is a long way down. I’m contemplating getting off onto the block, but I haven’t caved in yet!
Incidentally, he is an 18 yr old ex hunter, who was offered free to the riding school by his local owner, so he could do a couple of hacks a week, a gentle lesson or two to keep him supple, and generally live in a small herd group with some new friends. He's got health problems, but gets good attention from the vet, and when he gets too decrepit, he’ll probably have a summer of complete retirement out in the paddocks before we have to say goodbye. So much better for him than sending him to the sales for an unknown future.

@rebrascora, @Robin it must be lovely to be able to ride. I love horses but i don't think they like me. The one and only time i got on a horse, i embarrassed myself by hopping around, just not able to get on (i was much younger then as well). When i finally got on, the horse turned his head, seemed to look at me then put his head down and starting eating grass and no way would he move !! I never tried again. Other times i've been near them they toss their heads around if i try to stroke them, yet if older daughter does the same they are as still as anything. Nope, they definitely don't like me.

Still not totally right. Got progressively worse as the day went on yesterday and took myself to bed at about 3pm dozing and sleeping until roughly 4am this morning. Aching still but noticeably less so than yesterday so that’s a positive.
Covid test clear.
Won’t be doing ParkRun this morning that’s for sure!
I’ll see how I feel later today and will decide whether to wander down to the Pride march or not. If not then it’ll be the first one I’ve missed since about 1998 which is a bit sad but if I’m not well enough then I’m not well enough.
It sets off from Hyde Park Corner this time so I could perhaps make my way through Mayfair and find somewhere along Piccadilly to watch some of it go past but I’ve no intention of going to any of the big performance stages that’s for sure.

Good morning everyone.

Hmmm horses and me? No no no no no.

Big dogs and me? Yes yes yes yes yes.

BG this morning 5.2 and that is after a celebratory evening stuffing my face...a normal (ish) tea followed by a small dollop of rhubarb crumble, later, a chocolate eclair, later still, a small piece of Vienetta ice cream, topped it all off with a small whisky.

BG who really knows how it all works??? I am just glad it wasn't 666 this morning 🙂

Today I really need to get some keyboard practice in. My friend is looking at buying another new keyboard, £4000. Huh? He is very good on keyboards, er, drums, er, saxophone, you name it. We seem to have followed each other getting and playing keyboards. No way could I afford one like that now though. He is definitely a male being fascinated and drawn to gadgets and tech and yet he, unlike me, is not good with technology!!!

Yesterday he managed to break a USB memory stick attached to one of his other keyboards. A clean sheer with the main bit still stuck in the port. It was jammed in. No one could get it out. I did manage to extricate it in the end where upon it separated into lots of different parts. A new nano USB ordered!!! What was the real problem with the old one??? It stuck out (being an older tech one and being quite long) and broke off when putting the keyboard in its travelling bag having forgotten to remove the stick first.

My findings regarding potassium are proving to be very very interesting and very helpful. More later when I have more data.

Have a great day today everyone whatever you are doing

Good morning. Grey, dry, chilly, overcast morning - hope it cheers up for the local carnival later today. FBG 5.8 which is pretty good after a poor night - couldn't drop off for love nor money - the sandman eventually called somewhen after 02.40.
@Robin Do agree about dismounting - my old lady used to stand like a rock with an air of frozen embarrassment as I slid down her side in an endeavour to mitigate the inevitable jar to the knees. Why age removes one's springs and shock absorbers I just dunno...

Wishing everyone a good start to the weekend.

Morning all. 🙂 6.1 here.

Well, it’s the Long Course Weekend here in Pembs, so lots of road closures - I had to cancel my one-day Welsh course, cos I was looking at a 50-minute drive instead of the usual 15 minutes it takes to get to Narberth and not being to get back home until the stragglers have finished the race. Local businesses are in two minds about LCW - it brings in lots of people (competitors and spectators) but there are so many roads closed that some places are completely cut off. We’ll pootle down to the village later and watch the cyclists screeeeeeaming down one hill and puffing up another...it’s fascinating! o_O:D

Morning all. 6.3 for me. Not much planned except for the usual cleaning, washing etc. Older daughter and son in law coming later, hopefully staying for a BBQ if the weather stays dry, if not a grill-a-que it is.
Have a good day everyone.

9.8 I have actually added a correction to my backfast because I've been thinking to myself if I would correct a 10.1 why would I not correct a 9.8 they basically the same) pain was alot worst again last night and yesterday in gernal(which is telling me is a fodmap issue) I don't want to keep eating food that I'm strongly suspecting is at least part of issue but I always don't want to mess up any tests.

Morning

10.0 today xx

4.9 at 07:30 before breakfast. 🙂

9.1 at 06:26, but LibreView report puts it much above the plotted graph.

Looks like it's getting a bit brighter, but will need to check how it is on the beach, it will be better with a coffee.

Back