Group 7-day waking average?

Ooh and back with a bang…. Dad’s still not well post op and mum was robbed in Tesco car park on Wednesday afternoon and only realised yesterday.
Distraction scam sort of thing so that they could steal her cards.
Tried to put £6000 through on credit card in Tesco immediately so card blocked. All bank cards now blocked.
They also have her driving licence so I’ll look at ID protection/fake debt application things on their behalf.
Maybe they’ll be calmed by an Equifax type thing to monitor and credit applications but I’ll look into that.

I persuaded them to report it to the police so that they get a crime/incident number etc and I’ll explain to them the benefits of not using cards but paying with Apple Pay instead when I next see them.

I didn’t think it was the right time to say this sort of thing wouldn’t happen at Waitrose.

Ooh and back with a bang…. Dad’s still not well post op and mum was robbed in Tesco car park on Wednesday afternoon and only realised yesterday.
Distraction scam sort of thing so that they could steal her cards.
Tried to put £6000 through on credit card in Tesco immediately so card blocked. All bank cards now blocked.
They also have her driving licence so I’ll look at ID protection/fake debt application things on their behalf.
Maybe they’ll be calmed by an Equifax type thing to monitor and credit applications but I’ll look into that.

I persuaded them to report it to the police so that they get a crime/incident number etc and I’ll explain to them the benefits of not using cards but paying with Apple Pay instead when I next see them.

I didn’t think it was the right time to say this sort of thing wouldn’t happen at Waitrose.
Oh no! Your poor mum x

Oh no! @ColinUK - that’s terrible. I hope your dad improves soon too.

Brilliant photos. What’s that cute little pointy-nosed fluff ball in your pics?
Pigmy shrew!

Couldn’t really snap pics of the the hawks, kestrels, buzzards or badgers we saw even though we saw loads.

Good morning folks. 7.1 for me but that involved another correction earlier when I woke up on 10.1 with an upward sloping arrow despite a 1 unit basal increase last night and a early hours walk up to the horses where a full muck out was necessary because they had been stood inside most of the day out of the flies. You would not believe how much poop 4 horses can produce in one day!! It was horribly oppressive here yesterday. Really warm and muggy even after the heavens opened in the very late afternoon for a short splashdown.... just after I hung my washing out of course. 🙄 Feels so much fresher today.... bright, breezy but sunny. Much better for the horses to do our little job this afternoon. I was dreading trying to keep hot, sweaty, agitated horses that were being eaten alive by clegs settled outside the church for the best part of an hour.... service plus obligatory photos! Will be much easier with this breeze.

@ColinUK Really sorry to hear that your Mum was targeted by thieves and that your Dad's recovery isn't going as well as planned. Absolutely fab photos, The red squirrel and woodpecker look amazingly professional and I absolutely love that sunset seascape with the rocks.... just stunning! I am guessing you wouldn't hesitate to go back there?

@Michael12421 Pleased your levels are up and you are feeling OK. Do take it steady today, particularly with the gardening as that could really drop your levels again later. Make sure to have something sweet in your pockets whilst you are working in case another hypo strikes at short notice.

10:19 BS 7.0 🙂

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Was watching & catching up on a some missed episodes of programmes on iPlayer while I was watching the golf last week. 🙄 One of them was the missed episode of Who Do You Think You Are about Matt Lucas & the new one up of Anna Maxwell Martin. In the end I only watched 1 & have yet to see the other! Matt Lucas has German ancestry & has dual nationality holding a German passport as well! His grandmother’s relatives were German jews of whom most were killed in the holocaust! His grandmother fled to the UK & survied when the other members of her family fled to Amsterdam thinking they would be safe there as Holland was a neutral country during WW1. One of the cousins ended up staying at an apartment that belonged to Otto Frank, who helped a lot of the German jews that fled to Amsterdam, & knew him & his family whose youngest daughter, Anne Frank, wrote the world’s most famous diary! That cousin was actually mentioned by name in the diary as a family visitor on the eve of their planned escape into the secret annex who stayed a long time that night during his visit before leaving not knowing they would be gone in the morning & causing anxiety & stress that Anne wrote in her entry of that night! But, just as all in the secret annexe were betrayed, caught, arrested, transported to various camps & 7 of the 8 people hiding died, only Otto Frank survived, Matt’s ancestor was also eventually deported, after the Frank family’s betrayal, to the same camp as the Frank family & died there too!

A really fascinating episode & like Matt I read The Diary of Anne a long time ago as a teen at high school & found it very funny, in parts, as she’s like any other teenager who fights with her mother & the tensions etc. of 8 people living in daily fear in an enclosed space that they can’t leave! Of the everyday life that had to go on despite adversity! It was all that normal teenage life albeit, trapped along with 7 other people, juxtaposed with what happened after the sudden last entry & knowing that all but, one died that’s so poignantly sad! :(

I wanted to read it again & looked on Amazon for the kindle book. A special 70th anniversary edition was released in 2011 with 30 per cent more material that Otto Frank had left out due to his respect for the dead, Anne wrote freely in her diary of her likes & dislikes, that he felt were unflattering! There’s an audible recording of that as well read by Helena Bonham Carter & I was re reading Anne Frank A Diary of a Young Girl last night & it IS every bit as funny as I remembered & THAT’S the thing: normal teenage life tragically cut short like SO many others; a personal account of a horrific blot in history that needs to be remembered so, that it NEVER happens again!

@Lanny saw Judi (Dench) last weekend and was reminded that she calls WDYTYA Who the F**k Are You?!

@rebrascora All taken with just my iPhone as well. A tiny bit of editing just to crop size and frame subjects in a more interesting (to me) manner but that’s all.

I’m already looking at going back in winter if not before.

@Lanny saw Judi (Dench) last weekend and was reminded that she calls WDYTYA Who the F**k Are You?!

@rebrascora All taken with just my iPhone as well. A tiny bit of editing just to crop size and frame subjects in a more interesting (to me) manner but that’s all.

I’m already looking at going back in winter if not before.
Oh yes! She made the archivist laugh, in her episode, by telling her that she & her husband referred to Shakespeare as “the man who pays the rent” during her theatre acting early part of her career! :rofl:😛

A 4.4 and falling. A day off today. No work to do - yay!!!

@ColinUK hope your Mum is Ok.

Have a good day everyone.

@ColinUK what great photos. Glad you had a brill time. Sorry about mum and dad though. Can’t believe how evil some folks are. It makes me so angry. 😡

PS I’m sure there’s baddies in Waitrose too. 😉

Well it seems the smell might have been so strong due to there also being cars set alight in a car park 350 yards away, a kitchen window was also smashed in the next block just after 4am and on Wednesday night there was an attempted robbery at knifepoint up the railway bridge so this town is just becoming ridiculous again xx

@ColinUK i hope your dad recovers soon. How awful for your mum! There are some horrible people around. I hope she's ok.

Haven't been on for a few days. On Wednesday was 8.3 so pretty happy. But then Thursday morning 15.7 for no clear reason! And of course it was my GP annual review - is it whitecoat hyperglycaemia? Better at 10.1 yesterday morning but 11.3 today.

Last edited:
Morning

10.8 when I got up at 5 xx

Back