Group 7-day waking average?

Morning. 8.2 for me…that’ll be last nights chicken tagine, always find it a tricky one, different recipe to the cauli one which I’m fine with….hey ho.

Sunny day in the garden ahead, hopefully planting out the veggies that are loitering in the cold frame, after a walk round the village and trip to diy store / garden centre (me not them). Meal out with friends tonight.

Have a lovely day everyone 🙂

Last edited:
8.7 had planned to get in torch with a doctor today (after my last test came back negative after my last test came back negative)but realised it it's bank holiday. But fuatersating because I want to find out what's wrong with me so I get back to work.

Well! After breakfast while watching The Great British Bake Off competition for the winner of The Platinum Pudding & some more thoughts on sending telegrams for 100th birthdays! I just googled it & The Queen stopped sending telegrams back in 1982 & has been sending personal messages & cards for 100th birthdays, 105th birthdays & every birthday after that! Also, 50th, 60th & 70th wedding anniversary cards & messages for every anniversary after that! 😎😛 So, now I know!:confused::D😎😉

Edited to correct:- Oops! 😳 That should be 60th, 65th & 70th wedding anniversaries & every year after that!😎

Morning peeps 12.8

Have a day to myself today (sorta) with only a tesco delivery later on this morning.
Been out tons this week. From someone on the better side of depression and anxiety, being out so much still has that knock on effect where I defo feel like I need a day in the house to decompress 🙂

Anyway todays important mission is to see if I can deal with weetabix again for brekkie and a bunch of washing. Exciting times right?

have a fabby day everyone x

Good morning - 10.9

Good morning - 6.1 here. The sun is shining and I hope it does so for everyone celebrating the Jubilee today, not my thing, but I wish them a very happy day. Had a lie in this morning after 5 hour trip to Carmarthen yesterday: Universal Credit and shopping for my Ukrainian guests. Rather tiring so have put final paperwork on gov's non-functional websites to one side for a day or two until I can face another attempt. Might go out and see if I can get a couple of extra courgette plants. Mr Slug has invited friends for his own party and eaten 3 out of 6.

Morning all, lovely day.

6.8 this morning after a really good night's sleep, thanks to Robin's tip off that the worrying message was spam!

Off to the village Centenary celebrations which we have helped to organise. Sports for the kiddies on the playing field from 10 - 12 then a picnic, which the local pub have kindly agreed to host (and supply sausage rolls and sarnies for) in their outdoor area 12 - 3pm.

@Michael12421 so nice to see you are not waking hypo now.

Happy day everyone!

It was a 7.4 for me this morning when I woke up and injected my 24 units of Levemir only to discover as I put the pen back in the case that it was a red Fiasp pen in my hand and not a blue Levemir one 😱 😱 😱 Do you guys have any idea how many JBs are needed to soak up that amount of insulin!!! I'm just over half way....my tally says 150g so far so over half way.... I started eating straight away and I have had a mixture of stuff including 2 coffees with 4 spoons of sugar each, JBs, Dextrose, prunes and digestive biscuits. Was panicking when I hit 4.1 with a vertical downward arrow but pleased to report I am comfortably up at 8 now and having a little bit of a breather before I have to hit the carbs again. Not sure which was worse for making me feel sick.... the panic or the sugar.... but I have held it all down so far. Where is my former, sugar addict self, who could easily eat a multipack of snickers without blinking an eyelid, when I need her!!

Only the second time I have done this and the first time was an evening dose which is very small so more inconvenient than anything else. It is scary when you realise you have injected enough to kill you (or probably an elephant for that matter and you are in an eating race against time. It will be a long, long time before I make this mistake again but I can see this is one great benefit of having a pump.... no option for this silly error!

It was a 7.4 for me this morning when I woke up and injected my 24 units of Levemir only to discover as I put the pen back in the case that it was a red Fiasp pen in my hand and not a blue Levemir one 😱 😱 😱
Oh dear! (I would use sweary words but public forums)
I hope you see that nice steady --> soon <3 (please let us know you are okay and settled) x

CRIKEY! @rebrascora ! 😱

Thank goodness I only did that ONCE before & it was serious sugar & carb loading for about 6 hours! I used to be terrified of mixing up NR & LR doses up at midday back then, in 2018 when 6 NR & 24 LR was 4 times the dose! Now at 34 to 26 NR & 84 tresiba it’s about 3 times but, not, & hopefully won’t ever get to, found out the difficulty of carb loading THAT! 😱

I remember once listening during a request hour on Classic FM one lady saying she was so excited by her request geing granted that when her piece was played she was doing both her bolus & basal insulin & mixed them up & saying she was hopping on her toes carb loading which I didn’t really appreciate at the time as I wasn’t on insulin then! NOW I do! 🙄o_O

There’s nothing else for it for the next few hours & then, I hope things settle down for you & you can catch up on some rest & peace after all that franticness! :confused:

Oh dear! (I would use sweary words but public forums)
I hope you see that nice steady --> soon <3 (please let us know you are okay and settled) x

I'm nice and stable and safe at the moment in the low 8s (for the last half hour) and nausea has thankfully subsided, so I am confident that I am over the worst. It is over 2 hours since I injected so another hour should put me reasonably clear of it.

It is times like this when I really appreciate the information I have gleaned from this forum over the years which has given me the confidence (albeit rather shaky confidence) to deal with this situation.
If anyone is interested I injected my "real" Levemir straight afterwards but deducted 4 units so I will no doubt run a bit high later in the day and need corrections but I can handle that. Not sure why I reduced it by 4 but just felt that I needed to make some adjustment.
So far I have a tiny and extremely short lived excursion into the red on my Libre graph before coming up and leveling out in the 8s, so don't think I could have handled it much better so far. Libre has been an enormous help in tracking my progress although I have also used 4 finger pricks to double check because things were very time critical and I needed to know in real time what my levels were doing rather than 15 mins later. I also kept a pen and paper log and running total of all the carbs I was eating so that I didn't get muddled and lose track.....

....All is well that ends well!!

Morning all and a 6.7 for me.

Next door having rendering removed from front of house so not exactly peaceful at the moment.

Should I go down the studio and borrow some serious amplification?

Have a good day everyone.

Morning all and a 6.7 for me.

Next door having rendering removed from front of house so not exactly peaceful at the moment.

Should I go down the studio and borrow some serious amplification?

Have a good day everyone.
Make sure it goes to 11!!

9.4 {shh don't tell my pancreas}
Morning all thanks for the hatch day salutations very kind of you.
I'm not happy old lizze has muscled in on the action and is throwing a much bigger bash than me think I may send a strongly worded letter to her one is not amused..........
It's radiotherapy day today fingers crossed I get a good super power this time round last one was pretty naff captian snoozefest was well boring!
Where ever the day takes you may it be warm and breezy and just keep on keeping on
Griff

@Griffin. Happy Hatch Day. I have posted on the other thread too. Also sending (((HUGS)))

Looks like I have cracked it! Levels are starting to drift upwards (8.9 at the moment) which will probably be that 4unit Levemir deficit starting to have effect. Need to get out and get some exercise now as don't want to inject any more Fiasp just yet.

Have a fab day, I believe it’s a Bank Holiday for all you wage slaves. It’s just Thursday for us. 🙂
Bank Holiday? I don't know her! As a hospitality slave, I was proper shocked when someone asked me for my plans for the "4 day weekend", didn't heard about it until then 😱:rofl:

Back