Group 7-day waking average?

6.2 this morning and I can hear black dog barking away in my mind for attention.

1654068869190.png
White Rabbits!!

And 5.6 this morning for me.
Well done @Robin on the triple score.

Dez

7.2 for me on this bright and sunny morning…couple of sour gummy sweets to head off 3.30 low.

Black clouds forecast for this morning but should coincide with trip to sainsburys hopefully. Then greenhouse sorting later after usual house / errands faffery…so prepare yourselves gardeners…I may be heading to gardening section of forum this afternoon for cucumber and aubergine planting advice.

Well that’s just showing off @Robin :rofl:

Hoping you can sort that dog @ColinUK , take care x
I had a London garden question for you, but now can’t remember the link 🙄…will probably pop into my head in the middle of supermarket.

Have a good day everyone x

Bloomin typical I start feeling better and my next round of radiotherapy is looming again plan on spending the day getting a few things done and hopefully not getting soggy in the process. Dog head is in need of some serious dad time poor little tyke is only getting a hour a day of walkies and she's really not happy about it keeps bringing her lead over to me and looking all sad and pitiful.
Have a great day what ever you get up to
Keep on keeping on
Griff

Morning all. 5.6 for me after a 3u correction overnight. Monday i couldnt get above 5.0 but yesterday was like a mountain range. Massive highs followed by hypos then highs again. I hope today is better.

@ColinUK I hope the black dog quietens down.
@Robin great work, congrats on the HS.
@eggyg, there is some sunshine about. This is the view from my hotel balcony when i got up this morning. Devon is lovely atm, a mix of sun and clouds but not too cold. Some have even been swimming in the sea!

W
This is the view from my hotel balcony when i got up this morning
Well...i would show you the photo but for some reason it won't attach!

7.2 for me on this bright and sunny morning…couple of sour gummy sweets to head off 3.30 low.

Black clouds forecast for this morning but should coincide with trip to sainsburys hopefully. Then greenhouse sorting later after usual house / errands faffery…so prepare yourselves gardeners…I may be heading to gardening section of forum this afternoon for cucumber and aubergine planting advice.

Well that’s just showing off @Robin :rofl:

Hoping you can sort that dog @ColinUK , take care x
I had a London garden question for you, but now can’t remember the link 🙄…will probably pop into my head in the middle of supermarket.

Have a good day everyone x
Thank you. And now my mind is wondering what London garden question you’ve got!

morning folks.
13.1 🙂 still hovering about 12-14 and it wont budge down more apart from rare occasions. Feel like I've been stuck since about 20-22u a day, now on 28u :confused:

Heading out to get some stuff in town for sis in law

have a great day x

Bloomin typical I start feeling better and my next round of radiotherapy is looming again plan on spending the day getting a few things done and hopefully not getting soggy in the process. Dog head is in need of some serious dad time poor little tyke is only getting a hour a day of walkies and she's really not happy about it keeps bringing her lead over to me and looking all sad and pitiful.
Have a great day what ever you get up to
Keep on keeping on
Griff
Your name reminds me of a confusion when we were to meet a group of friends for a meal at where we thought was The Griffin but when we got there they denied all knowledge of the booking, what we hadn't realised there was also a pub 1mile away called The Griff Inn. All sorted in the end.

Your name reminds me of a confusion when we were to meet a group of friends for a meal at where we thought was The Griffin but when we got there they denied all knowledge of the booking, what we hadn't realised there was also a pub 1mile away called The Griff Inn. All sorted in the end.
Which reminds me of last Friday. Lunch was at Riding House Café but the restaurant is so new it isn’t on Google Maps yet. Or at least this location isn’t.
Sent the others a link and a map and still people went to the other one where extraordinarily there was a booking under Colin at the right time and for the right number of guests.

Oh and years ago booked for the Cricketers Inn which was owned by Jamie Oliver’s folks back then and was apparently very good. Never found out that day as we ended up eating at a pub about a mile down the road called the Cricket Inn and didn’t even twig when they didn’t have a booking or any Jamie O books for sale!

Not sure mum named me after a pub.
I do know it's Welsh for strong of faith and is a Greek mythological creature which is half lion and half Eagle mum was a total fantasy nut and I was named after a favourite character of hers from the invisible man by H. G Wells...

Morning all... clouds and sun, so goodness knows what it is going to do.

11.5 this morning. Not surprising given events during the night. I woke at 3.07 drenched in a greasy sweat, to discover I had been in the red from approximately the time I had gone to bed at 11pm, when I had taken Dextrose and a stem ginger cookie. So more Dextrose tablets (6 in total) and a cookie and BG continued to drop, reaching 2.1 at one stage. Was feeling utterly vile and my nose was running like the worst head cold ever, even Beconase nasal spray didn't help. I put my pump onto -25% basal for 5 hours at that point. Finally got BG up to 4.3 before I dropped off again about 04:45. I've not had a hypo like that in a loooong loooong time. Julian slept through it all! I think I will have to adjust basal down again.

All this not helped by getting a ping from the Covid app yesterday morning telling me that I have been in "close contact" with someone who has tested positive. This just 4 days before we are due on holiday, which has been booked for a year. It said I must have a PCR tests, but they are no longer doing them at walk-in centres and you have to send off for them, paying 99p postage and they will send them in 3 - 5 working days! Then you have to post them back... PFFFTTT... Anyway have done LFT tests yesterday and today, both of which are negative. If still negative on Saturday we are going. Have cheered up a bit today as have heard that other friends have been pinged and been 100% OK.

@Gwynn, there is nothing to dislike about Caui cheese as long as the cauli is fresh, as it takes on the flavour of whatever sauce you use on it. No mess either, grate the cauli with your Ninja foodie (I use a food processor) and then cook it as suggested by @freesia in the microwave, or the Ninja?

@ColinUK hope you can chase the dog away, fingers crossed lovely! Your stories of being in the wrong pub remind me of the first DSF meet where, after a picnic in the afternoon, some of us decided to go on to a pub - having no idea what the pub was called we explained that it was on such a road and looked a bit like... we ended up with half the group in one pub and half in another. Finally got together again after the meal.

@Griffin. oh goodness, hope the next round of radiotherapy is not so bad. Hugs to the furball and wishing you a lovely walk.

@Robin WOW! 3 in a row... wonderful!

Not much on today, would starting to pack be tempting fate?

Morning

7.1 this morning, but stupidly ate a whole chicken chow mien yesterday, seem to be a kind of self destruct mode with food at the moment, wondering if it is the stronger antidepressant's at work and once I get used to them the carb cravings will settle down again.

@Robin - congratulations on your HS

@ColinUK - hope your black dog settles down soon, seems to be a few of us at the moment with unsettled black dogs on our backs.

I can’t resist posting this after my two boos boos with my weekly delivery from tesco today! 🙄:D😳 I usually have my slots well booked in advance, up to 4 weeks, & keep changing things as it gets nearer & most often last minute changes on the night before! I did that last night for the delivery today, Wednesday 11:00 to 12:00 being the day & before lunchtime I’ve discovered by trail & error being the best chance of getting sushi, & I inadvertently ordered 5 loaves of kingsmill 50/50 no crusts & 6 large trays of smoked salmon & prawn sushi! I only meant to order 1 lot of bread & 3 sushi!😱 I had to apologise to the driver for sending back 4 of the bread but, because of 4 days of shelf life, it’s usually 3 days, I accepted all the sushi because I don’t always get it & it’ll be an extra treat!:D😛

So, here I am after eating 1 & a half trays of sushi for lunch, couldn’t quite finish 2 large trays, while watching a rather fascinating look at The Queen’s collection of private home cinefilms with her narration on BBC iPlayer! 😛😎 I feel absolutely STUFFED & just had, as one of the hairy bikers put it, a sushigasm!:rofl: You CAN have too much sushi!😱o_O:rofl:😉 I’ll be eating it for the next few days & it’s a good thing it’s good until 04/06/22!:D😉

Any idea how i can attach files anybody? I have done before but had a new phone a few weeks ago and now when i try to attach nothing happens.

5.6 today.

Kitchen still all over the place literally as I have had to relocate most of my crockery and pans and other bits & bobs.
I managed to make birthday cakes the other day and I have finally cracked the way to make almost zero carb icing that is half way between buttercream and the icing I used to make by mixing icing sugar with water and colouring.
I beat double cream with a pinch of citric acid and some erythritol icing sugar sub and then add colouring gel if I want colour. So when my next birthday comes up I can have a properly decorated birthday cake which is something to look forward to in October.

My super quick individual birthday cakes were to celebrate my daughter in law's 30th. She and my son are hundreds of miles away and I haven't seen them for more than three years now but that is no reason not to celebrate her special day.

Here they are. Made in ten minutes from scratch. Lemon sponge with cream and jam.
Recipe for the cakes are approximately - grated zest and juice of one lemon and a dessert spoon of granulated erythritol.
A splash of vanilla extract
A very small splash of caramel flavour
1 medium to large egg
2 tablespoons of double cream
A heaped teaspoon of baking powder
Beat these with fork in medium glass bowl.
Then add a teaspoon of psyllium powder
Two tablespoons of oat fibre
A quarter teaspoon of xanthan gum
1 tablespoon of coconut flour
2 tablespoons of almond flour or ground almonds.
Fold the powders in until you get a smooth cake batter. If it is more doughy than batter-like then add a little more cream to get the consistency.
Then divide the mixture into two silicone molds or two mugs and microwave each one for 90 seconds for a 900 watt microwave on full power. You may need to adjust time if you use a mug rather than silicone molds.
Immediately empty the cooked sponges onto a rack to cool and make the icing.
Once they cool enough to firm up a bit I split them with a long bread knife and left them to finish cooling completely.
I used double cream and powdered erythritol and eyeballed it. Around four tablespoons of cream and then added powdered erythritol which is an icing sugar sub and beat with a fork to ensure it melted completely and kept adding until it reached the desired buttercream consistency. Then I used half to fill inside the cooled split sponges.
Next I added some pink gel colouring to the other half of the icing and mixed it well.
I used a little keto strawberry jam on the inside and sandwiched them and then topped them with the pink icing.
These are lovely and tangy sponges and if you have them as dessert to a meal will probably serve two per sponge.
We had one each. Yum.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 12.31.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 12.31.35 PM.png
    850.2 KB · Views: 7
Hi everyone! Started the day with a 6.2.

I just ordered a Frío wallet for my next trip to Spain. I tried a few days ago but it didn't work, I didn't understand the problem, and today I realized I was ticking the "billing address same as shipping address" option, but the card I was using had a different address 😳 it's sorted now, just hope it gets delivered in time as I left it a bit late and there is the bank holiday. Fingers crossed.

Have a great day everyone!

PS: did you know "frío" is the Spanish word for "cold"? 🙂

Hi Guys.

Thanks to everyone for all their supportive comments and "care" over the past few days.
Still not on top form and shockingly still not made it to the shop for milk, but Ian was a hero and delivered some milk and cream to me 2 nights ago to tide me over.
I am however feeling a little better and getting a lovely horizontal line on my overnight graph to wake up on a 5.0 certainly helps me feel less frustrated. That was with a 0.5 reduction in last night's Levemir so hopefully an indication that I am on my way up after repeated increases in basal over the past few days and still needing corrections at bedtime and waking to keep levels in range.

@Pattidevans So sorry to read about that shocker of a hypo last night and keeping everything crossed that you don't test positive. What terrible timing!

@ColinUK Those black dogs seem to be running in packs at the moment. Hope he loses your scent and heads off elsewhere.

@Robin Many congratulations on all your House Specials. There may need to be a stewards inquiry if it continues! 😉 Hope you enjoy your jumping lesson. I am quite envious but a bit nervous for you. I would love to be more confident at jumping.... and when you are not confident, the horse knows. 🙄 I really need to do more of it to build my confidence but just don't have the opportunity.

Back