Group 7-day waking average?

Just to let you know, we had a good, quiet day today.

Just eaten the surprise meal...sweet and sour chicken, mushrooms, green beans, cauliflower, rice (no rice for me though). A great success. My wife thives on rice but has not had any for quite a while, so it was a nice surprise for her.

Oh, and my evening BG is 5.1 (nice)

However, just one peaceful day left before the dog appears again. Hmm .

HS stands for 'House Special' or another term for blood glucose reading of 5.2

I forget now who coined the term but it has stuck as something good to aim for or simply to achieve.

Does that help?

Last edited:
What a HS when it's at home please?
Exactly what @Gwynn has said.

I'm pleased to hear you've had a good day @Gwynn. Have you tried cauliflower rice? Its quick, easy, tasty and low/no carb. Also, have you considered having something of your daughters with her smell on? It might settle the dog easier when in the house.

Thanks for that @freesia the dog is just frightened of most things. Hmm fightened is not the right word, more alarmed easily. Strangely me and the dog get on really well.

I've not tried cauliflower rice....yet...given time, I will. The thing that is putting me off trying it is the fact that if I make some, it's gotta be a bit messy, and then if I dont like it, it's a bit of a waste....and any other excuse I can think of. Naaa, just not yet been inspired enough to give it a go. I will look it up again on the internet. I do have a new cauliflower sitting in the fridge too....

I forget now who coined the term but it has stuck as something good to aim for or simply to achieve.

Does that help?

Yes, thank you. I was wondering if it was a special meal. I have just gone through my readings for just over a fortnight and found I hasd a HS two hours after lunch on the 15th followed by a mild hypo just before tea. Quite a scattering in the 4.x and 5.x ranges but only the one 5.2!

Lowest was a 3.1!

Yes, thank you. I was wondering if it was a special meal. I have just gone through my readings for just over a fortnight and found I hasd a HS two hours after lunch on the 15th followed by a mild hypo just before tea. Quite a scattering in the 4.x and 5.x ranges but only the one 5.2!

Lowest was a 3.1!
A House Special is a waking reading.... so a 5.2 doesn't count at any other time of day. The idea is that it is not too low that we might have hypoed overnight and not too high.... just an optimum waking reading. It really is just a bit of fun and something to aim for and congratulate each other on when we achieve it rather than there being any real science behind it.

Does that help?

And remembering back that is just under the ton in old money (100 mg/dL is 5.55 mmol/L). Well, I did use to be a ton up boy! ️

05:00 BS 8.8 about 2 hours after eating breakfast this time as I woke a bit later than yesterday 03:04 BS 6.6 so, pretty consistent still! 🙂 Actually remembered, for once, to test after eating! 🙄:D

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Just a wee pause in my FFVIII gameplay, app paused mid fight, to post as the dawn birdie chorus & light through the gap in my curtains tells me it’s a decent time to do so as you lovely lot are getting up now to post too! 😉:rofl:

I’m on the last disc 4 & the end is it sight for the hardest of the PS1 FF games! It’s been a hard slog admittedly made harder, than it needs to be, because of my obsessive pursuit of perfection to keep my SeeD rank at A, the top rank of 31 that’s the least forgiving: gives you the least amount of steps walked without fighting before you get demoted; the next rank down of 30 is MUCH more forgiving but, I LIKE the challenge of rank A! 🙄:D It means I have to prepay any side quests etc. with 10 fights or so for the steps I need to walk doing extra stuff & I’ve levelled up half the team, 3 of then, to the max level of 100 where they can’t improve anymore: the other, that I don’t like as much being the back up, are sitting around level 58 so, they’re my active party now & I may yet get all 6 to level 100; NOTHING can stand a chance against my characters, THEN!🙄:rofl:😉

😳 Opps! My obsession just broke out a bit, there! :D😳:rofl:😉 More than 20 years later I’m still obsessively LIVING, as my nephew once said, FF & not just playing it!:rofl:

Ahhh yes, I forgot to mention that HS of 5.2 was the waking reading, sorry.

Well a 5.3 for me today no HS

Good morning everyone.

Food pictures sorted on my App.,pleased with it.

Sweet and sour chicken surprise meal went down a treat yesterday.

Again it's a dark, cool morning, but I must get out to exercise at 8am

Shopping later on

Dog returning tomorrow...

Have a greate day today whatever you are doing.

Morning all. A very nice 5.4 with an almost flatfish on my Libre 2 graph. Haven’t had that for a while. It’s been like the Himalayas lately!

Yet another damp and cool morning. This time last year was scorching, this year we’re eating shepherds pie and flicking the heating on! Is it warm anywhere in the country? :confused:

Just more pootling today, we had a lovely peaceful day yesterday, nothing too taxing. More of the same today I think.

Have a wonderful Wednesday. 🙂

Good morning - 7.0

The thing that is putting me off trying it is the fact that if I make some, it's gotta be a bit messy, and then if I dont like it, it's a bit of a waste....and any other excuse I can think of.
Just grate it, put it in a bowl with a couple of tablespoons of water, cling film over the top pierced in a few places then microwave for 3 mins dependent on the power of the microwave. Its a cheaper way of cooking 'rice' as well.

Morning 8.5. feeling pretty grim today.

Back