Group 7-day waking average?

Good afternoon folks, 6'3 and back to s more normal eating after my little trip.
Last night the soup of the day in the restaurant was celeriac and lentil. First time we had that one, one customer looked like "eww" when I told them, and I think nobody ordered it lol. It does sound a bit weird. But I tried and it was not bad. It reminds me of some of you who use celeriac for low carb meals xx

After 2 days off, I worked yesterday and I have another 2 days now. I wish I could have swapped them around and stay in London a bit longer! Usually when I have 2 days I go to my friend's city, and she was happy to meet today, but I really don't feel like taking any trains. There is a beautiful sun here and my housemates are planning to do a BBQ and chill with some drinks tonight. I will join them for once, it's nice when you don't have to get up early the next day. Probably not drinking though!
Sounds rather tasty to me!

. It reminds me of some of you who use celeriac for low carb meals
I sometimes use celeriac cut up into chips, sprinkled with a bit of olive oil and whatever herbs or spices i have to hand. Nice. I've not tried it in soup yet but i think i've got a recipe somewhere for celeriac and chirizo soup, i might make it if i can find it.

I sometimes use celeriac cut up into chips, sprinkled with a bit of olive oil and whatever herbs or spices i have to hand. Nice. I've not tried it in soup yet but i think i've got a recipe somewhere for celeriac and chirizo soup, i might make it if i can find it.
It’s the same as any other veg in soup. Dice it. Maybe roast it, maybe not. Shove in saucepan with seasoning and stock. Simmer. Blitz with blender. Check seasonings again. Eat!

I am using this app as well, but find it quite strange, as the values it is showing are totally different to the values in the Libre application and it keeps disconnecting!

As it's open source I'm thinking of getting hold of the source code and having a look to see what it's doing.
Completely different sounds strange. I’m using the libre algorithm in the Shuggah app. Currently Shuggah says 11.9, libre says 12.2

Morning folks.
Had much broken sleep so not testing right now as its not really a waking. During the night I was 23.1

Waiting for DSN to call back with news of what the consultant has approved. She's pushing for insulin. Trying not to get my hopes up to be honest.
Hopefully she will call today but who knows.
Bit disappointed I am still left hanging here. Anxiety is thru the roof.

Got the surveyor out this morning to measure the bathroom for the wet room. Not sure if we will need to pick materials today. Hopefully after today the process will be fairly quick to it getting done.

Have a great day everyone x

Morning folks, 7.8 today.
@gll you have really been going through it, really hope you get the outcome you need today from the consultant, hugs.
@Grannylorraine I know just what you mean about dreams, had one about my mum six years after she died, I remember it to this day and how it unnerved me for days, woke up really believing she was alive and then realising she wasn’t, awful. Hope you are feeling a bit better today, hugs to you too xx
Have a good day all x

Good morning 7.5 today

driving license renewal paperwork arrived yesterday
Today I have telephone consultation with Orthopaedic Surgeon (my ankle)

Have a great day everybody 😎

Good morning - 11.8 after a night of hypos - 4 of them! I never want to see a can of coke again.

How weird that there’s lots of sevens this morning.
7.2 for me.

Morning all. 6.7 on this cold morning. 3 degrees, is that a cue for a song? 😉

After a week of lows, yesterday I was fighting highs! Is it a coincidence the weather has changed and it’s a lot cooler? Hmmm….:confused: Basal dialled back up half a unit last night and this morning, back to my old ratio for breakfast. Last see what happens today.

We’re going out tonight. An awards dinner, posh frock required. It’s Mr Eggy’s camera club annual dinner and awards evening. First one since 2019. He is receiving at least two cups tonight. One photo is judged tonight for the St Kilda trophy, it can be a photo of anything as long as it’s in Scotland. The photos are taken along tonight and judged by their peers and their guests. So, who knows, I may have to find space for three cups! It is rather good, I know I’m biased, it’s an evening photo of Lochranza Castle in Arran where we visited last May. Fingers crossed.

Have a good day and I hope it’s warmer where you are.🙂

Morning everyone. 5.5 quickly dropping to 4.9. Oopps, better have a swig of juice with breakfast or i won't be able to drive to work.

@gll I hope the consultant approves the insulin for you.
@eggyg good luck to Mr eggyg!

Have a good day everyone.

Great 13.3 after thinking my meal last night had gone all rightt because it was 9.8 at around 1 this morning (peherps if I ugorged the don't correct bellow 10 thing then which I was tempted to) it could have been the standard even rise thing. I have been wanting to do some background tests this week but for second day in a row I wike up feeling super Disney wasnt sure its the best idea not to eat. . I am diffintlly wanting something

Dififinty am finding myself wanting to see what see what happens in between now epissly at night if things actually worked(i might try the whole inject at 4 in the morning(if i could see it raising)

Great 13.3 after thinking my meal last night had gone all rightt because it was 9.8 at around 1 this morning (peherps if I ugorged the don't correct bellow 10 thing then which I was tempted to) it could have been the standard even rise thing. I have been wanting to do some background tests this week but for second day in a row I wike up feeling super Disney wasnt sure its the best idea not to eat. . I am diffintlly wanting something
Oh forgot to mention today I got a the silly conversation with my doctors that will go a bit like this

Doctor: do you still need insulin.
Me: yes my panceus isnt going to suddenly start to working I'm always going need insulin to keep me alive.

07:35 BS 7.1 & SO RELIEVED to see it while munching breakfast, at last! A Phew! Emoji!

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Yesterday was a STRANGE day of swinging madly, not a chandelier in sight sadly, with another MASSIVE swing of 10mmol again, from 14. something to 4. something after breakfast because I over corrected the high that I put WHY in my mySugr entry! AND the annoying thing was that hypo, heading it off really, but, I’m calling it a hypo as I FELT it happened, once again, after my tresiba had already gone in for the day: ALWAYS seems to be that way; when TOO late to reduce it for the day! o_O

Then, the hypo proved to be a pretty stubborn one that last hours longer than any active NR still left in my system as I guzzled JB’s & oatcakes with my BS going up & back down again like a short stringed yo yo: a little swing of 5.0 to 4.5 every hour or so for 6 hours; only ate twice yesterday as I JUST about managed to squeeze in a very late lunch, after I stabilised BS at 7.0 & fell asleep straight after eating! 😱 I was STILL WIPED OUT so, it was another Chinese takeaway, I know it’s not the BEST choice but, all the convenient stuff was gone with tesco shopping today & couldn’t even face cooking some ramen! I went for chow mein as the least carby choice & only got 1 bolus in. I knew it needed a second split bolus but, slept anyway to deal with whatever high it is when getting up!:confused:

Well, that was around 8pm yesterday & I was definitely asleep by 9pm to wake at 02:25 BS 12.8 so, stuck in 8 NR as I’d planned to go straight back to sleep but, couldn’t! Eventually gave up & 04:49 BS 12.5 the NR was completely eaten up, more or less, by DP so, had to start again with a proper DP bust with half an oatcake & 12 NR: food is VITAL, for me, in DP busting; NR alone doesn’t work & my liver can go EVEN more overboard with extra glucose dumping if I inject it without food & why if I need to fast for any tests I don’t inject at all! 🙄o_O

Thank goodness that worked & it brought me to just about target range to eat breakfast just now! Phew! emoji!

The thing is, after a bit of thinking, silly NUMPTY that I can sometimes be I think the high after breakfast yesterday was a case of not washing my hands & rinsing off the copious hand wash before testing after applying some Allpresan to my feet & I didn’t need that correction at all! I’ve gotten into the lazy habit of using cotton buds to wipe off the first drop of blood, have a box sitting on bedside table for that purpose, & that works fine under normal circumstances but, with creams & the aloe vera hand wash it’s not enough: I tested it by using the cotton bud to wipe off after some cream v’s washing it off properly with a good kong rinse to get rid of the hand wash & the difference was about 3.5mmol! 😱

So, lesson learnt need to wash & rinse hands properly after creams before testing & the second boo boo, that made things worse than it needed to be, was I SHOULD have done that BEFORE sticking in a correction to verify the high reading! A Duh! Hitting my head emoji! 😳

Yesterday was ENTIRELY my own fault! 😳🙄 & I just have to grin :D , bear it & learn the lesson!:confused:

Back