Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. Nice and sunny here.

8.2 this morning @ 9am - can't think of a logical reason why, but it has gone down to 6.4 now, so I see no reason to mess with it.

@Griffin. Oops re the morning reading, but your system is under a lot of stress due to your injuries, so you will be producing lots of Cortisol hormone, which is a double whammy as it both encourages your liver to produce glucose AND increases insulin resistance. Go with the flow and have a lovely day doing nothing.

Good luck to Mr eggyg.. here's hoping for another cup.

Good afternoon! 6'8. Went to bed at 12 after the BBQ, which was high, but I actually don't test before bed regularly so I don't know how unusual it is. Might be a combination of the bread, late rise from the fatty meats, and a blackcurrant squash that I probably didn't dilute enough :D or is Novorapid knocking on my door? It's bound to happen someday, but I can also get low with only basal.

Anyway, another sunny day (I'm becoming British, talking about the weather xD) and I'll try to go for a walk to make the most of it.

Good afternoon, gang.

Woke up this morning - or rather was woken by the bathroom fitter finishing off the installation of a new electric shower and a whole body dryer next to it. BG was 4.2 after a slow decline overnight. To arrest this decline, breakfast was the usual eye watering double espresso plus three ginger nuts. Those put me on a more comfortable 6.1, ready for my shower and then step into the range of the automatic switch on for a nice warm blast of air all over me, and ended up dry and warm.

Rather oddly, I still feel warm. It sounds like a luxury item, but it saves washing towels, and me falling over when I close my eyes when towelling my face. I've only used it once, but just that has convinced me that this is the answer to all sorts of questions, but yes, it is luxurious. £1100 or so, if you are interested. (Plus the electrician's money). Made in Spain, where I expect they use the cool setting. Oh, and of course it's more hygienic.

Now I get back to that agonising decision - do I watch the snooker or the IPL cricket? Or either both highlights shows? One of the greatest problems thrown up by being retired:confused: Yesterday, naturally I watched the Rovers demolish Preston 4-1 at their gaff.

Happy days, hope you all can get some:D

Anyway, another sunny day (I'm becoming British, talking about the weather xD)
Yeah, I thought that was a uniquely British obsession, but it turns out it’s an Asturian thing too LOL. It’s all my neighbours seemed to talk about when I was living there, which was nice (made me feel right at home).:D

If I were making Celeriac and Chorizo soup I'd slice and fry an onion, then as @ColinUK says, add the Celeriac, stock and seasoning and simmer until tender etc. I'd dice the chorizo, fry it and add it after blending. Perhaps dolly it up with some cream or creme fraiche and chopped herbs such as parsley or chives to serve.
Yep, thats about what the recipe said if i remember rightly. Sounds delicious.

Hi all,

Been a bit too busy to post these last couple of days.

Also doesn’t help that my libre seems to be constantly reading 2 mmol too low and I’ve come to realise that my gp surgery is absolutely useless.

So all in all not been too happy the last few days!

Sorry to have missed you all over the past 3 weeks. Tomorrow I will be back testing and planning to be eating sensibly. 3 weeks of getting up 3 times a night, coupled with days of dealing with forms for Ukrainians, setting up for my family's Easter hols, then re-washing everything for the Ukrainians (who, poor dabs, still have not got all their visas) as they plan to leave as soon as the last visa arrives, has run me a bit ragged. Also the night before the foal was eventually born (think I missed entry in the Guinness book of records by minutes) I was taken ill, high temperature yet felt as if in ice bath and shaking with rigors. Good thing nobody spotted me wandering across the yard that night like a chicken with its head off - completely away with the fairies. LFT negative for Covid so some sort of flu I guess. Still a bit wibbly wobbly but fever gone, am beginning to feel on the mend and have stopped coughing blood. Peachy delivery went well, a healthy filly foal with good limbs and nicely dished face, looks as if she will be cremollo rather than palomino - but her Mum loves her and after so many worried nights I would have accepted a healthy un-registerable coloured with a head like a Clydesdale!. Hope everyone is doing well - I'll catch up on the news tomorrow - tonight I sleep🙂 Just one question - has anyone had their hands go spastic? Fingers setting off by themselves in all sorts of directions? Its a new one on me - no chance of a Drs appointment until after 15th May.

Attachments

• IMG_1162.JPG
    IMG_1162.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1163.JPG
    IMG_1163.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 15
This sitting about thing is for the larks.....
I just can't do it I've tried super hard all day to do nothing and I've failed miserably at it how do you just sit and not get in your own head about stuff it's like a itch that you just have to have a scratch so not cut out for the whole rest and recuperate thingamob. I've read listened to music googled whether penquins have knees{ they do just in case you wanted to know} found out that scotlands national animal is a unicorn rearranged my records Been told off loads for not sitting still by nurse rachet{carer} I think I may have to shackle my self to the sofa or nail my feet to the floor Im missing the walks with the hell hound that always burns off loads of energy for me....ok grump over
Off to watch some kak on the idiot box
Keep smiling folks
Griff

This sitting about thing is for the larks.....
I just can't do it I've tried super hard all day to do nothing and I've failed miserably at it how do you just sit and not get in your own head about stuff it's like a itch that you just have to have a scratch so not cut out for the whole rest and recuperate thingamob. I've read listened to music googled whether penquins have knees{ they do just in case you wanted to know} found out that scotlands national animal is a unicorn rearranged my records Been told off loads for not sitting still by nurse rachet{carer} I think I may have to shackle my self to the sofa or nail my feet to the floor Im missing the walks with the hell hound that always burns off loads of energy for me....ok grump over
Off to watch some kak on the idiot box
Keep smiling folks
Griff
Jigsaw puzzles are good when you have to do nothing.

03:49 BS 7.8 🙂

An early Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Still a slightly less swing after breakfast yesterday of about 9mmol, from 12.9 it really was as I checked it twice & about the same of 12.5, to 4.2 but, I was already forewarned about the possibility of heading off a hypo at the 2 hour mark with a borderline 7.1. was still ok at the 3 hour mark with 7.1! Then, tesco shopping arrived & after putting it away I was microwaving a frozen baked potato & tested 10:59 BS 4.2 so, had 1 JB & ate the baked potato when it was done with a lower fat prawn cocktail with a reduced NR of 28. Then, a delayed tresiba of only -2 after lunch 14:25 BS 7.5 as it could be too much basal or the effort of putting the shopping away dropped me too low in the last hour? :confused: I’ve decided to wait a bit before sticking basal now until after the after lunch reading to give me a chance to change it if needed: no more it’s already in & I can’t change it!🙄

Everything else was fine after that & I went to bed around 3pm as I was still feeling wiped out as it was the second day in a row with a big swing, only slightly less than the day before, I didn’t have a hungover blinding headache but, still found it hard to focus & think; definitely not the mental arithmetic that I kept trying to do in my head for working out the swing so, gave it up with a rough 9mmol guess which wasn’t THAT far off at 8.7 I CAN work out this morning BUT, I see now the very fact that I kept trying to be exact yesterday & clearly couldn’t at the time shows up my hypo brain stuck on one track mentality! 🙄:rofl:😉

I’m still not completely sure if basal needed reducing & after breakfast later will give me a clue then, after lunch before deciding about it today? :confused:

It seems that I’ve been swinging with instabilty for about a month, or maybe a bit longer as I’ve lost track, & REALLY want any kind of stability: even a 9 or 10mmol reading all the time is preferable to me; swinging from high to low is EXHAUSTING like actually swinging physically from the chandeliers but, NO FUN AT ALL! 😱 I can just see the likes of the Honourable Miss Phryne Fisher doing that, swinging from the chandeliers, & having a ball doing it!😎😛:rofl:😉

Morning all. 20.3
Up early as I crashed last night around 7pm.

Update for those who haven't read my other thread - being put insulin
Hopefully getting my prescription today. Need to call GPs before I head in to make sure its ready. Whether the chemist has it in stock is another story 🙄
Should be onwards and downwards soon 🙂

No super epic plans apart from arranging the above and sorting out the tesco order.

Catch you all later x

Good morning 8.3 on waking today
that will be because of what I ate yesterday evening.

have a great day everybody.

7.9 today after a huge packet of chopsticks, naughty naughty! Up a bit late for work.
@TinaD great news that the foal is doing well, lovely photos, thank you x
@gll glad to hear you have been given insulin, I hope all goes well for you x
Have a good day all x

Good morning - 9.0

I’ve made my final decision on what to study for GCSEs as the courses begin after May half term. English, Maths, Science and Religious Studies are compulsory and my choices are : Computer Studies , History, Spanish and Triple Science

Back