Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning people!! 6'1. Yesterday was a quiet day, the highlight of it was going on a walk and reading in a big green area. There was a few people with dogs and children, it's nice to see them all playing 🙂

@Lily123 well done choosing your subjects and I hope you have a good year with them. May I ask what is triple science?? And, as @rebrascora said, feel free to ask me about Spanish if you want <3

It’s been a while since I did my GCSE’s as I was in the very first year to do them in the switch over from O levels, WAY back in 1988, & things have changed since then! But, in my day the 3 sciences of Biology, Chemistry & Physics were done completely separately & I did all three which is, I believe the equivalent of triple science as all three sciences are done together with a bit of each so, 1 science is equal to 1 GCSE & 3 triple science is equal to the all three I did? I may be wrong but, that’s the way I think of it? :confused:

@Griffin. I too am absolutely useless at doing nothing, my internal monologue goes crazy and I flit between books, telly, Googling, trying to sleep. I think back to things I should have done or said 20 years ago. I know it doesn’t suit your tough hairy image but have you tried a relaxing bath with some Radox et al? Maybe read a book whilst in there. It might kill an hour or so and your skin will be all soft and smooth! 😉 Good luck today with the task of not doing anything. Been there and got the tee shirt more times than I care
Morning all reading is 21.2
It's so high becuase I'm super stressed out bloomin virgin price increase double billed services have gone up they changed my offer by mistake and I can't get the old one back becuase it's no longer available and I'm in no way shape or form racist but call centres in the phillipenes can bog right off try and explain to them that you are on a fixed income is pretty much like asking for a set of hens teeth... It's not their fault I don't blame them I blame the soulless corporations that do it to rake in cash..
In response to the bath thing I'm six 3 and I've yet to find a bath I can lay out in and have a soak and my bath was made for hobbits it's tiny jigsaw puzzles and tourettes don't mix very well at all I can't tell you how many puzzle pieces have been flung and never found again soduku causes me to shut down I'm number dyslexic they don't make sense to me I have to shop with a calculator or I always always over spend so I only pay in cash and only ever take my budget in with me.
I'm off to get my stress levels back down to a more reasonable rate
Have a great day all
Keep smiling {mines more of an angry rictus}
Griff

It’s been a while since I did my GCSE’s as I was in the very first year to do them in the switch over from O levels, WAY back in 1988, & things have changed since then! But, in my day the 3 sciences of Biology, Chemistry & Physics were done completely separately & I did all three which is, I believe the equivalent of triple science as all three sciences are done together with a bit of each so, 1 science is equal to 1 GCSE & 3 triple science is equal to the all three I did? I may be wrong but, that’s the way I think of it? :confused:
Almost !

Triple science is 3 subject - Bio, Chem and Phys and 3 separate grades at the end.

Combined science now called helpfully Called Trilogy !!!

Trilogy is still 3 sciences as it is in triple, taught separately and examined as separate subjects BUT the scores are averaged out over the 3 subjects to give 2 grades at the end.

Triple science has a few extra units / bits in it plus an extra 30 min to answer questions

Can you guess what I teach ?!

4.7 for me this morning.

5.0 for me this morning but that was after a JB for a 3.5. Went to bed late on 8.3 and a very slight upward drift but had a good deep sleep once I got warmed up, which always drops my levels. Having rather too many hypos at the moment, but I am blaming the weather as it is making basal doses tricky.

Blooming Heck!! @eggyg That is some haul! Many congratulations to Mr Eggy. Not sure either of you are winning any awards for that selfie though, since you both have your hands on the phone.... or maybe that is the problem..... or whoever does the housework needs to straighten up the hall mirror. 😉 ....Lovely to see you looking glam before your night out though. You both scrub up very well.

Many congratulations to @harbottle on another HS

@Lanny Hope you find some stability soon. Do you think the change to Tresiba is part of the problem?

@Lily123 I hope you enjoy studying those subjects. You could perhaps practice your Spanish on @Elenka_HM

@TinaD Congratulations to you and Peachy. Lovely foal even if she did keep you waiting with lots of sleepless nights. Making me feel quite broody seeing that photo but my old lady is past having any more.
Would just like to say there is nothing wrong with having the head of a Clydesdale (I'm rather partial to those big guys and my lot all have some Clydie in them..... as long as it is attached to the body of a Clydesdale..... but pleased you got a nice dainty dished face for your little filly.
Do you have any plans for her? ie will you sell her or keep her?
I have nothing against Clydesdales - my beloved last old mare was a C x TB. Retired from puissance and turned her hooves to dressage. At 17hh her head looked elegant and intelligent - but it would look a bit odd on a Welsh Mountain Pony (Section A). The filly's future - probably show her in hand as a youngster (her Mum won everything going) and then sell her on. Unless second grandson (11 months) becomes an equine addict. In which case it would depend on her temperament. Peachy is so laid back you would think she was a cannabis toking hippie in a previous life but her first foal was a right madam. Won a bit in hand but not at all safe at either end - had a Putin size grudge against the world.

Good morning people!! 6'1. Yesterday was a quiet day, the highlight of it was going on a walk and reading in a big green area. There was a few people with dogs and children, it's nice to see them all playing 🙂

@Lily123 well done choosing your subjects and I hope you have a good year with them. May I ask what is triple science?? And, as @rebrascora said, feel free to ask me about Spanish if you want <3
Exactly as @Bexlee has explained.

Thanks for the offer of practicing Spanish, I’ve studied Spanish since Year 7 (September 2019) and I’ll be going into Year 10

Last edited:
Morning all, lovely day again.

8.4 this morning. Was lazy and didn't adjust basals yesterday. Clearly I must do it today.

Congrats to @harbottle for the HS and to Mr @eggyg for his brilliant performance in photography.

@Lily123 you must be relieved now you have made your decision. Forgive me and I am sure there are multiple reasons for Religious studies to be compulsory (e.g. understanding and coexisting in our multi-racial society), but I would have thought Computer Studies should have been compulsory and take precedence in this day and age?

@TinaD lovely photos of the foal and her mum... hope you are feeling better.

@gll, pleased to hear you are now going to be on insulin and keeping my fingers crossed it will help you. Did the DSN mention to you that you need to inform DVLA? You need to fill in a form and I think you need get it signed by the GP. I believe you can download it.
Computer Studies comes under Design & Technology but I see what you mean. Religious Studies is compulsory because is a Church of England school

Calmed down now.
Sorry if that last post was a little ranty and grouchy I hate change it throws me right off I'm very much set in routines it helps me handle the challenges that the ocd and tourettes throw at me on a daily basis so altering things isn't a simple thing it's super hard for me I don't do spur of the moment I need planning and time to get ready for change. Spent the afternoon plotting big coparations demise {insert evil laugh here}....and wondering if their All powerful then why do some superheros wear the undies over their trousers.... Then contemplated the whole if Teflon is non stick how do they get it to stick to pan? My brain is a rather quirky bit of kit..
Keep smiling
Griff

As to the undies over trousers @Griffin. Super heroes wear tights & as a lady that’s had problems wearing tights, why I never wear them now & haven’t in YEARS, they’re notorious for creeping down & Nora Batty of The Last of The Summer Wine had that notorious tights wrinkled around her ankles look! Me being only 155cm tall & tights being mostly one size fits all the legs are too long for me & I had that problem BIG time! It’s not just short ladies either who have that creeping down problem as I once worked with a girl taller than me & actually wore two pairs of panties: one under & one over her tights; that solved that problem for her! 😱🙄:rofl: So, there’s a thought!:confused: Maybe the undies over the tights is to keep them from falling down?:rofl:😉

Computer Studies comes under Design & Technology but I see what you mean. Religious Studies is compulsory because is a Church of England school
Ah, they threw me out of Latin (not because I wasn't up to learning it, but because I didn't concentrate and messed about in class) and made me do Religious studies, the synoptic gospels, which I hated!

Now I wish I'd concentrated in Latin, it makes foreign languages so much easier if you know the latin roots.

Ah, they threw me out of Latin (not because I wasn't up to learning it, but because I didn't concentrate and messed about in class) and made me do Religious studies, the synoptic gospels, which I hated!

Now I wish I'd concentrated in Latin, it makes foreign languages so much easier if you know the latin roots.
I must admit having done Latin I could make some sense of things in Italy which was handy as there was very little in English at the touristy places.

Latin is one language that would be great to learn but they don’t offer it at my school : Spanish, French or German. Religious Studies is my best subject which I got a 5 in this year (not sure of the translation to old grades)

I studied Latin at school, but it deffo didn’t help me to learn Spanish...all I could remember after two years is puer (boys smell, therefore poo-er), a slave / teacher called a pedagogus and a bunch of pain in the neck cases - nominative, genitive, accusative, ZZZZZZZZ. 😛:D

I studied Latin at school, but it deffo didn’t help me to learn Spanish...all I could remember after two years is puer (boys smell, therefore poo-er), a slave / teacher called a pedagogus and a bunch of pain in the neck cases - nominative, genitive, accusative, ZZZZZZZZ. 😛:D
I had to do Latin for 3 years. Hated it!! I never did fathom out what a future pluperfect subjunctive was.
I still laugh at Sid James' words in Carry On Cleo (I think it was)
"Puer puer puer" as every school boy knows is "Boy, O Boy O Boy" 🙂

Or John Cleese's Roman centurion in Life of Brian

Dez

@Griffin. since you are kinda a superhero you need to go bust out the underpants and embrace the wearing of them on top of your trousers. (also hugs, i know its tough at the mo, we are all here for you x)

Latin wasn’t available at my high school being a state one: for those that didn’t pass their 11+; I’ve been a late bloomer all my life & definitely think that the 11+ was always unfair as it was too early for me! I & a lot of children didn’t get smarter until later! I went from being bottom half of the class all through primary school to being the very top in just 2 years of high school: in the second highest class in form 1 & the top class from form 2 on & came first in nearly every subject, from form 2 on, except maths! But, that was of course in high school as opposed to grammar school where the ones who passed their 11+ went. A LOT of subjects like latin & Applied maths, what it was called then & don’t know if it’s still called that, & languages just weren’t available to us in high school! But, I learnt quite a bit of Italian through my love of opera & looking up translated libretto’s helped a lot with that & Spanish too as it’s quite similar roots!

AND on a completely different note! I did say the unpredictability of WHEN my next cycle is? It’s NOW! 😱 THANK GOODNESS I’ve reduced my Tresiba!🙄

Well, that explains the swings then! 🙄 I had it in the back of my mind already & here it is! I’ll have to be ultra ultra conservative with NR & leave myself space to drop! What did I say about needing changes in basal that I can’t avoid? A Frustrated emoji! Sigh!

Was going to bed soon & always like to clear my bladder before going to bed so, at least I don’t need to change the bed! THAT was lucky! 🙄 Count the small blessings!:rofl:😉

My OH went to school in Rhodesia and they had to do Afrikaans and unless they passed it they were not allowed to be in the top stream. He always felt hard done by as he got over 90% in all his other subjects but failed his Afrikaans so was restricted in what exams they were allowed to take.

My OH went to school in Rhodesia and they had to do Afrikaans and unless they passed it they were not allowed to be in the top stream. He always felt hard done by as he got over 90% in all his other subjects but failed his Afrikaans so was restricted in what exams they were allowed to take.
im still fluent in Afrikaans i also speak Dutch and I'm not too bad at Flemish either when we first got to south Africa in 78 i went to a Afrikaans school for 3 years so i learnt very quickly to speak the language and Dutch and Flemish are what make up most common words in the language i there's now 12 offical languages over there now

Back