Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 🙂 5.4 here...aaah, that’s better. Amazing what a bit of gardening and a second walk can do!

Got an all-day Welsh session today - they’re all freebies atm, these extra sessions, so I’m signing myself up to everything (before the exam in June).

I hope you don’t have a repeat of yesterday @eggyg. 😳

Morning all, 5.8 here. Had one of those 'Everything that can go wrong will go wrong' weeks…until yesterday, when I got a tax refund! It’s only taken 6 months for HMRC to process it. Now if I'd owed them…they’d have been issuing fines.

Good morning everyone. Woke to 8.8 and libre shows i've hovered around 11 most of the night..must have been the peanuts i had with wine. I did enjoy them though.

I'm calling round to see mum today as its her birthday then back to clean the house through. Maybe i'll get out in the garden, we'll see.

@eggyg i didn't know whether to give you are star or care. I've opted for care as you're still not well. Congrats on the HS. Lovely pic of you all.

Have a good Saturday everyone.

Well done @eggyg on your HS and I hope you'll feel better soon.
5.8 for me this morning. 🙂

Dez

6.6 this morning. Maybe payback for the long walk/run I did yesterday.

Good morning - 4.8

Morning

9.5 for me this bright day xx

02:31 BS 6.6 Yay! :D Exactly what I went to bed on & I reduced another -2 tresiba at 15:28 BS 6.6 just a little bit later than the day before!🙂

More or less got every meal, all 3 for a change, right albeit, not going down evenly over the 4-6 hours or so between meals: tested every hour after each meal, I KNOW IT WAS A LOT TESTS, but, I needed the info; BOY! are my fingers SORE! 😱 Which suggests to me, along with a further reduction in tresiba before going to bed, that I need less basal as I’m going up a lot in the first hour & then come down faster with each hour that passes; the bolus is too little & I go high while the basal pulls me back down again pretty fast! It’s doable only IF I eat though so, need to get that balance right! o_O Still no sign of a cycle in sight so, definitely not THAT & I really do think that finally after 2 years of no seasonal changes in insulin I’m needing a Spring reduction which I’m taking as a good sign!🙂

I’m going to keep reducing the tresiba bit by bit every day &
A small note of caution. Tresiba is very inflexible; nothing wrong with that, it suits my needs very well. But do NOT change Tresiba daily. Allow at least 3 days, preferably more, for the change to take effect and settle or you will be chasing a moving target and never get your basal right. Tresiba last up to 30 hours in your body, whereas a basal such as Levermir lasts less than a full day. So adjusting Tresiba is akin to changing course at sea in a massive ocean going tanker - can be done, but slowly.

I am also seeing the need for a small spring reduction, but will wait a little longer to be sure. I'm getting used to using my bolus to counter the highs and lows.

Morning

7.7 today, still not feeling my best, was going to attempt a run today, but despite the lovely bright sunny day, my back windows feel like they are going to be blown in any minute.

@eggyg - congratulations on your HS

Morning all.
Went for an early night last night (well before 8pm)
15.3 for first time I was up at 2am. (blooming dog and his ball woke me up). Went back to bed at around 4am and slept until about half 8 with a 10.2 waking 🙂

Had fun seeing great nephew yesterday. He was playing/hiding in a box that his Papa's new PC chair came in. The box was giggling at one point :rofl:

Nothing planned for today apart from take advantage of the nice day and actually get some washing hung out.

My eldest turns 21 tomorrow (she with the dodgy knee). Unfortunately I can't give her a new one for her b'day :( She has asked for a game that isn't even out yet. I have got her the caterpillar cake as requested though :D.

Wordle I got in 4. Heardle in 1 :D (I'm sure I said I wasn't going to mess with herdle 😡)

@eggyg I totally didn't know what to react to your post! Well done on the HS. Sorry you felt so rubbish yesterday but glad you feel a bit better today. Pic was lovely <3

Have a brilliant day everyone!

Not posting a reading this morning because I was awakened about 4am by my phone ringing me to say the alarm was going off next door. My brother is away staying with my sister so the house is empty and we are in a pretty rural spot, so a bit vulnerable. I grabbed the keys and jumped into my wellies and dashed round there with my heart pounding 10 to the dozen, to thankfully find it was a false alarm. Phew! Reset it and went back home but it took ages for me to get over the shock and my BG levels went through the roof. Then just when I was starting to feel a bit more relaxed and thought I might get back off to sleep it activated again. I have to say, the noise itself is terrifying but especially so in the early hours when it is dark. So I have spent the morning since then injecting insulin to bring my levels down and none of the readings would be worth sharing or be waking readings.
I can do without that sort of excitement!! Just as well I had the best part of 12 hours the night before.

Morning all... niceish i.e. sunny, but a bitter wind.

5.7 this morning with a flat line. I like that! No need to fiddle with basals.

@eggyg congratulations and commiserations. Lovely photo too.

@rebrascora so sorry to hear about your broken night. Fingers crossed for a better one tonight.

Shan’t be doing a lot today as hubby will be glued to the TV watching rugby and dinner will be just a case of warming up leftovers from last night’s roast chicken dinner + roasting more potatoes. Will probably play games on the computer (Jewels of Rome and Carcassonne).

What a great, warm, bright morning here.

Just been out on the beach for 2 hours and I feel great but tired.

We have smart meters being fitted on monday. Now that shoiud be interesting. I hope I can put them to good use and reduce my energy costs further.

I really don't know how you T1's cope. Reading stuff here your bodies seem to play up most days.

6.5 again this morning. Looking sunny out there again.
Might nip up to chemist to see if they have my new spacer in yet, they close early on Saturdays so depends on if I feel like rushing.
Last day of winter - woo hoo!
Enjoy your weekend 🙂

Oh dear it's turned into a terrible day. My wife refuses to leave the house unless we have cameras fitted. It's to stop the intruders (they are only in her mind)

No chance. It won't fix anything. So now I am the bad husband again. She is very angry too. Sigh

And I was hoping for a nice day with her. Even perhaps going out with her. And that is what set her off.

Not sure where we go from here. I will wait until she has cooled down in a few hours time.

Morning

7.7 today, still not feeling my best, was going to attempt a run today, but despite the lovely bright sunny day, my back windows feel like they are going to be blown in any minute.

@eggyg - congratulations on your HS
My euphemism alarm went off reading this!!

Oh dear it's turned into a terrible day. My wife refuses to leave the house unless we have cameras fitted. It's to stop the intruders (they are only in her mind)

No chance. It won't fix anything. So now I am the bad husband again. She is very angry too. Sigh

And I was hoping for a nice day with her. Even perhaps going out with her. And that is what set her off.

Not sure where we go from here. I will wait until she has cooled down in a few hours time.
You know it passes.

We all know that doesn’t make it any easier for you to endure.

Back