Group 7-day waking average?

Yup first up this morning, sadly it's after a horrible day yesterday. My wife had a melt down and now refuses to leave the house at weekends because of the intruders getting into the house and damaging her things. Of course there are no intruders and her latest 'damage' was no damage at all. This is very hard as all I want is a life 'with' her, enjoying it. She can be really lovely when she is not frightened about all this stuff. Sad. Sigh. I just feel like crying in despair right now. Why is there no support, no respite, no cure, no hope. Sigh

Anyway BG 5.1 again. The big tease! TBT That's what I will call it from now on 5.1 or 5.3 I will call TBT

@Gwynn I honestly don’t know what to say or how to offer you any support other than to tell you that you’re clearly a remarkable human being and that your patience is testament to the love you have for your wife.
I know that’s scant comfort but you have our utmost respect for what you have to face on a day to day basis. I honestly don’t know if I could.

As for support, are charities like Mind able to offer any pointers as to what’s available?

03:09 BS 7.9 after a trip to the little girls room, tried to go back to sleep & stomach woke up with eruptions getting seismic so, 03:44 BS 9.2! WHAT! 😱

So, breakfast is being finished off in the oven & ready at 04:30.

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Hopefully with a longer Sunday lie in for you normal lot for an easy lazy day? :D😉

I was heading off a hypo just before lunch yesterday as I made the mistake of +2 NR, 22 for the reduced tresiba that I forgot has yet to take effect & the higher previous dose is still in my system! Just popped in a JB when tesco rang my doorbell for a delivery! So, asked the driver to bag it for me as I was still feeling lightheaded & the JB had yet to bring me back up! The poor driver got a bit of an earful about hypos that I just couldn’t help myself explaining: rather like Humphrey Goodman in Death in Paradise; feeling a need to fill the empty silence! 😳🙄:rofl:😉

I realise what I should have of course but, I’m learning, is that I needed to go down in a bigger chunk of -4 instead of -2 & kept the same low NR doses for 2 or 3 days while the higher dose leaves my system! I’ll call my DSN on Monday for better management of changes in the future! :confused: Because I think I’ll need them as I turned a corner in my long covid breathing difficulties yesterday!🙂

I’ve already said I’ve been a bit more active around the house with the bright sunshine of Spring albeit a bit cold still & I was huffing, puffing & wheezing as usual during the first half of the day. Then, in the late afternoon & evening I found myself being less winded: still a bit short of breath; no huffing, puffing & wheezing though & I noticed the marked difference straight off! 😛:D

Oops! Going to get breakfast from the oven! 😳

Thanks @ColinUK that reply in itself helps me a lot.

My wifes situation is such a shame for her, perhaps I could go as far as to say it is a tragedy. She never asked for her illness and she struggles with it every moment of every day. It is so sad. I wish there were a cure.

2.5 hours of sleep.
Off to the gym.
Electrician due at about 8am.

Morning all. Another early one for me. 5.6.
Up early as was disturbing Mr Eggy with my coughing, not that he resents it, it just seems at least one of us should have a decent sleep. Been awake since 4.20, dawn chorus started at 5.15 today, only lasts half an hour and I guess they go back to sleep, which is more than I could do. TBF I spent most of yesterday in and out of bed. I never take to my bed when I’m feeling ill, but I just couldn’t settle anywhere, I was achy, uncomfortable and just generally out of sorts. I felt like a Victorian lady with the vapours! Fingers crossed things improve today. For me, as well as this morning’s early risers. @Gwynn @ColinUK. Big hugs.

All you lay-a-beds, have a good day. 🙂

Morning all. Another early one for me. 5.6.
Up early as was disturbing Mr Eggy with my coughing, not that he resents it, it just seems at least one of us should have a decent sleep. Been awake since 4.20, dawn chorus started at 5.15 today, only lasts half an hour and I guess they go back to sleep, which is more than I could do. TBF I spent most of yesterday in and out of bed. I never take to my bed when I’m feeling ill, but I just couldn’t settle anywhere, I was achy, uncomfortable and just generally out of sorts. I felt like a Victorian lady with the vapours! Fingers crossed things improve today. For me, as well as this morning’s early risers. @Gwynn @ColinUK. Big hugs.

All you lay-a-beds, have a good day. 🙂
I can now imagine you all decked out in your crinolines with the maid wafting smelling salts under your nose!

Good morning 6.1 for me today

hope today is a better day today for your wife @Gwynn
I like the TBT

have a great day everyone 😎

11.4 this morning

Today is Kiddo's 21st birthday. She is trying to knock off the last bti of weight for seeing her consultant in a couple of months so has decided she doesn't want a meal or anything done, just birthday cake. We will do something when she is ready I guess.

@Gwynn It has been known for me to hand out glittery home made stars for a "nearly HS" and today I think you need one. Take it with a huge hug from me. I can't begin to understand how tough it is for you.

@eggyg sorry you are still feeling rough :( hugs to you too my lovely x

Good morning - 4.0

Hello Spring
6.2 this morning so all is good. Nothing planned other than a roast dinner later, but will see how the day goes. I think the athletics are on tv so I can watch that a while and do some more crocheting - new blankie ready for the new baby 🙂

4.8 for me this lovely sunny morning. 🙂

Dez

Good morning - 6.1. Up at 3 to check pony, then slept until 7.30. Lovely sunny morning but a strong, cold breeze. Finished the first cut of the lawns yesterday - 3 hours steady walking. Today off down the cwm to supervise tree felling, Put the little jeep's battery on charge last night - hope he starts - saves carting tools around by hand. Lovely to see the banks of daffs, catkins blowing in the wind and slim shoots of willow leaves emerging. Vernal equinox hurrah. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.

Last edited:
Morning

7.5 today xx

6.8 post my trip to the gym this morning.

I’m taking bets on what time the electrician will arrive. He’s due at 9am.

I’ve so much faith in his time keeping that I’ve just put on a load of laundry.

9.5 today after a bad day yesterday where all I wanted to do was cry, had a really bad anxiety attack which I have not had in a long time, then after 3 attempts to go out for a walk I managed it, but stopped to buy a cream cake and a bar of chocolate on the way home which I didn’t need but the desire to buy was too much.

feeling a bit better in myself today, legs and back ache, but going to walk to see mum, she only lives 25 mins walk away, but mostly I drive round. Apart from that going to sit and do some cross stitch, do a cheats roast dinner as I have some pre cooked chicken that needs using up, always have frozen veg.

@Gwynn - sending you virtual hugs, I hope today is a better day for you both. Do you have someone that you can talk to about how you feel so that everything is not bottled up inside you.

Back