Group 7-day waking average?

With all the wordle chat I thought I’d link to this for those who prefer music.

Judging by today's sample, an old greybeard hippie like me has no chance. o_O:rofl:
I'd stand a much better chance with Graham Dene's "The End Game" on Boom Radio.😎

Last edited:
Judging by today's sample, an old greybeard hippie like me has no chance. o_O:rofl:
I didn’t get it until the very final segment. I’d never heard the intro before!

I didn’t get it until the very final segment. I’d never heard the intro before!
I'm currently developing another App - Birdle - aimed at twitchers like @eggyg who have 5 guesses to identify which of our feathered friends is pictured. 😎

I'm currently developing another App - Birdle - aimed at twitchers like @eggyg who have 5 guesses to identify which of our feathered friends is pictured. 😎
If it’s not Big Bird, Busby or a chicken then I’ll be lost! :rofl:

6.6 - went shopping this morning and the princess picked the birthday cake for grandad - a caterpillar cake. Glad I don't like chocolate cake (with exception of black forest gateau) as it didn't bother me when they all tucked into it. I shall enjoy some strawberries and cream later 🙂
Here we are at the start of another weekend - they are coming round too fast! Have a good one 🙂

Ohhh yesss, valentines day, a million years ago as far as my memory serves. Actually I have and always have had a terrible memory for anything, except when under stress, then it becomes photographic!! Very odd. Very useful for exams though.

Evening all. Very late posting today as i overslept this morning, dashed into work to find i had the class today. It went ok but i'm shattered now. Anyway, reading was 7.6 this morning but needed JBs a couple of times through the day as they dropped a bit too low and i didn't want to hypo when i was on my own. A glass of wine or two is definitely needed tonight, if i can stay awake that is!!

Congrats to all of you with HS, there are a few of you today. Welcome to the thread @joner847. @eggyg well done on the jury service, you can relax a bit now. @ColinUK your HbA1c is a great number. Well done, don't stress over it.

Have a good evening everyone. I'm glad its Friday!!

Hello hello...6.8 here. 🙂

Gawd, this forum’s a pain - it freezes on me all the all the time - any clues as to why / tips anyone? :confused:
It does to me as well, very annoying!
It does that to my iPad whereas the iPad is fine with every other site. I have to fire up the laptop to use the forum. I am using IOS 12.5.5 and it says my software is up to date. Come to think of it, it's been the last 3/4 weeks I think that it's been happening.

Sorry the forum is being a bit flaky for you :(

I often browse on an iPad too, and it works fine on mine.

The current iOS is 15 @Pattidevans , so it looks like your iPad is getting on a bit and will only support iOS 12?

Such a nuisance when it’s only one site that is affected though :(

Good morning - congratulations to @Lily123 for her HS - not quite so jammy here but happy enough with 5.5. Brisk breeze, every bush and sapling waving and bending, grey overcast but fairly mild and dry. Managed to get massive curtain rail up in hall yesterday, think the lintel must have been an overorder for Stonehenge. Planning another big raised bed to reduce veggie buying so that's my next 2 weeks sorted - alternate pedaling of old Singer treadle and well rotted manure wheeling. Why do people pay for gym membership?
We have an allotment and that is far cheaper than any gym membership. Not sure about the amount spent on seeds, protective netting, or petrol for the strimmer and mower though but at least I know the produce hasn't been sprayed with goodness knows what.

Congrats @Lily123 on your HS.
@MeeTooTeeTwo - what can I say other than I’m jealous 😉
7.9 today. Met up with a few other owners yesterday which was really nice. Hubby should be down later today as long as his car passes it’s MOT. Toothbrush and Jif did the trick with the shower, that was fun!! (Oops correction Cif not Jif - why do they change names, I don’t get it)
Have a good day all x
I think because they translate into something rude in other languages.

Hmmm I got it the first day the IPad air was released, so yes, it is quite old! Works fine on every other site though.
That’d probably be down to how much money the others spend on their website.
The more legacy browsers it needs to worn with the more complex the coding and the more money it takes.

22:44 BS 6.2 🙂

A Very Good Night to you all & a Very Good Morning coming up for you normal lot & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Stayed up a bit longer, going to bed a bit later & up a bit later too because I needed to eat so, things are starting to move later & eventually catch up to normal waking hours, eventually! 🙄:D😉

No problems with the full fat greek yoghurt yesterday so, that’s on the menu but, only 1 pot with something else instead of the two pots I used to have on its own: used to get oykos 100g pots of strawberry & raspberry; will now get salted caramel as I’ll only be having 1 pot & it can be dessert! 😛 So, moving forward I’ll only have 1 item of fat per day, at the most & try every other day?, to keep my liver, & digestive system, from rebelling: either a smidge of butter on 1 slice of a sandwich or in potatoes or veg; or 1 pot of greek yoghurt will be my limit on the fat front!:confused:

Only other thing of note is I finally went back to having tea after the novelty value of drinking lattes from the new dolce gusto machine I bought in the January sale from tesco: it was pure Ambrosia & I MISSED it! I had my afternoon tea set out with 3 cups of tea & two sandwiches for dinner before going to bed around 13:30: a porcelain tea cup & saucer as tea REALLY DOES taste best in porcelain; I used a glass tea cup & saucer that went with my glass Bodum Assam tea press teapot in the past, saw the Inside The Factory BBC programme on tea where Cherry Healey tried tea in different types of cups & mugs, switched to using porcelain & the difference in taste was HUGE! 😱😛😛😛 I had sliced chicken breast on white bread with no butter & red onion chutney sandwiches. I’ve discovered by now but, really should have earlier that it puts up my BS so, a little goes a long way & need a bit of extra bolus for as it’s quite deceptively sweeter than I realised: I thought of it as a pickle with the vinegary taste; it’s sweeter than a pickle & is a cross between a pickle & a jam!🙄:confused: It just a delicious bit of moisture on an otherwise dry sandwich without any butter!😛

Good morning everyone

BG 5.4 ok

Got an energy bill and a request to increase my monthly payments yesterday. A shock. An increase of about £100 for absolutely nothing at all. Crazy. Worrying. I have put measures in place to reduce our energy consumption to a bare minimum. No lights in the evenings. Heating set way down. No telly. Less cooking. Feels a bit tough right now. And they are promising more price hikes going forwards. This feeds nicely into my natural worrying nature. I am even looking into trying to get a job. Sigh. As if I didn't have enough to worry about and yet many many people will be faced with increasing problems too going forwards this year. Still we have smart meters being fitted on 21st of this month. Maybe that will help with out energy use.

Today, cold, windy, a short walk I think.

Have a great day today

Last edited:
Good morning 8.7 for me, and I went to bed on a 6.4!!!!!!!!!!!!🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

22:44 BS 6.2 🙂

A Very Good Night to you all & a Very Good Morning coming up for you normal lot & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Stayed up a bit longer, going to bed a bit later & up a bit later too because I needed to eat so, things are starting to move later & eventually catch up to normal waking hours, eventually! 🙄:D😉

No problems with the full fat greek yoghurt yesterday so, that’s on the menu but, only 1 pot with something else instead of the two pots I used to have on its own: used to get oykos 100g pots of strawberry & raspberry; will now get salted caramel as I’ll only be having 1 pot & it can be dessert! 😛 So, moving forward I’ll only have 1 item of fat per day, at the most & try every other day?, to keep my liver, & digestive system, from rebelling: either a smidge of butter on 1 slice of a sandwich or in potatoes or veg; or 1 pot of greek yoghurt will be my limit on the fat front!:confused:

Only other thing of note is I finally went back to having tea after the novelty value of drinking lattes from the new dolce gusto machine I bought in the January sale from tesco: it was pure Ambrosia & I MISSED it! I had my afternoon tea set out with 3 cups of tea & two sandwiches for dinner before going to bed around 13:30: a porcelain tea cup & saucer as tea REALLY DOES taste best in porcelain; I used a glass tea cup & saucer that went with my glass Bodum Assam tea press teapot in the past, saw the Inside The Factory BBC programme on tea where Cherry Healey tried tea in different types of cups & mugs, switched to using porcelain & the difference in taste was HUGE! 😱😛😛😛 I had sliced chicken breast on white bread with no butter & red onion chutney sandwiches. I’ve discovered by now but, really should have earlier that it puts up my BS so, a little goes a long way & need a bit of extra bolus for as it’s quite deceptively sweeter than I realised: I thought of it as a pickle with the vinegary taste; it’s sweeter than a pickle & is a cross between a pickle & a jam!🙄:confused: It just a delicious bit of moisture on an otherwise dry sandwich without any butter!😛
I’d regard any chutney as basically jam. And therefore delicious!

Morning all. 5.5 today for me and exhausted. Just feel wiped out. It’ll pass I’m sure.

Mum’s birthday bash this evening which will be fun and I’ll probably stay over and come home tomorrow. Means I get to spend more time with them and also means I can help with clearing up because you know what mess a bunch of unruly 80 year olds full of sugar can make!

Got wordle in 3 and Heardle in less than one second as it’s such a distinctive opening.

#Heardle #15

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

Back