Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning everyone

BG 5.4 ok

Got an energy bill and a request to increase my monthly payments yesterday. A shock. An increase of about £100 for absolutely nothing at all. Crazy. Worrying. I have put measures in place to reduce our energy consumption to a bare minimum. No lights in the evenings. Heating set way down. No telly. Less cooking. Feels a bit tough right now. And they are promising more price hikes going forwards. This feeds nicely into my natural worrying nature. I am even looking into trying to get a job. Sigh. As if I didn't have enough to worry about and yet many many people will be faced with increasing problems too going forwards this year. Still we have smart meters being fitted on 21st of this month. Maybe that will help with out energy use.

Today, cold, windy, a short walk I think.

Have a great day today
My electrics bill had already gone up after Christmas in January with an extra £126 per month: it’s reviewed every year & the direct debit worked out for every month with bills every 3 months; at least it’s now set for the year before the war in Ukraine broke out! Although, only once in many years when I had the super expensive quarter bill of over £900 when it’s usually around £300 they put it up further in June after I’d already got the annual review in January! So, it could possibility go up further later in the year depending on how the war turns out? 😱:confused:

Good morning 6.6 today

I’ve got so many things going on in my world right now….
way to much to list or it will be a very long & boring check in
sometimes it’s hard to prioritise and juggle everything to try a resume the normality.
but good that that I’m kind of keeping on top of my Diabetes management.

Today changing medication
starting on Trulicity instead of Ozempic (been taking that for about 18 months)
the change is in the hope that Trulicity (being a different kind of SGL-1) might be better for me than increasing Ozempic dosage (due to my DMO condition)

see how it goes and if my next Hba1c can be in the 40’s
last one was 52 (exactly the same as 6 months previously was)
still since I started on the SGL-1 we’ve reduced my dependance on insulin right down.

Have a Great Day Everybody, whatever’s happening in your world 😎

My electrics bill had already gone up after Christmas in January with an extra £126 per month: it’s reviewed every year & the direct debit worked out for every month with bills every 3 months; at least it’s now set for the year before the war in Ukraine broke out! Although, only once in many years when I had the super expensive quarter bill of over £900 when it’s usually around £300 they put it up further in June after I’d already got the annual review in January! So, it could possibility go up further later in the year depending on how the war turns out? 😱:confused:
I’m on two year fixed dual fuel. It expires in September of next year. I’m expecting it’ll double at least.

good morning! 13.8
Actually did a sleep thing at night time (okay was more like naps but should be enough to flip my schedule around).

I tried heardle Colin don't be adding another addiction to my morning routine :rofl: (also got it right away)
wordle I got in 3 but was scratching my sleepy brain for a min on it.

Have a great day everyone 🙂

The energy prices certainly are a shock we start paying £200 PCM next month
currently we pay £150 PCM

we were paying just £900 a year ago (before that company went bust)
I used to sell in that industry - so I’ve been keeping my eyes open to what’s going on

so recently reduced the thermostat,
cut an hour per day of the heatings timer,
replaced the old “energy saving type bulbs” with LED bulbs

I’m on two year fixed dual fuel. It expires in September of next year. I’m expecting it’ll double at least.
very wise there Colin

Morning all, 5.1 here, so close! Doesn’t look quite so cold out this morning, wondering if I can ditch my fleece for riding. Being on a horse is like sitting on top of a giant hot water bottle, but with your top half exposed to all the wind and rain.

morning 11.6 which I'm not really surprised about so equalling not too bothered about, as was 13.3 when went to bed but only gave myself half a unit(as I wanted to be a bit cautious as I was amount to go to bed. i think my correction radios must change at different times a day or something) i decided to do a liilte bit of an experiment yesterday evening to see whether the evening jumps i was getting was actually an evening carb radio change or the something to do with the food i was typical eating the answer appeared to be a bit of both

Morning all. Glorious sunshine here in Sale. 😎

Over ten for me but I don't trust the reading as I could only get a tiny bead of blood out and it's always very high when I do that. Very frustrating. I will probably give up again as it puts me off. Am I supposed to press really hard and JAB and squeeze? 🙄

Have a good day all.

Morning all. Glorious sunshine here in Sale. 😎

Over ten for me but I don't trust the reading as I could only get a tiny bead of blood out and it's always very high when I do that. Very frustrating. I will probably give up again as it puts me off. Am I supposed to press really hard and JAB and squeeze? 🙄

Have a good day all.
Sometimes I don’t get enough blood out of one finger so I just switch it up and take a stab at another.

With all the wordle chat I thought I’d link to this for those who prefer music.

I’m calling this “Hurdle”, blooming Nora, not for me I’m afraid. I’m more a word person than a music person. ( And I’m old! ) :rofl:

Morning

7.6 today after going to bed on a 6.1, so dawn has visited me today. Not much planned off to Tesco, then hopefully if it stays bright go for a walk.

@ColinUK - Happy Birthday to you mum, hope she enjoys her party.

Good morning everyone

BG 5.4 ok

Got an energy bill and a request to increase my monthly payments yesterday. A shock. An increase of about £100 for absolutely nothing at all. Crazy. Worrying. I have put measures in place to reduce our energy consumption to a bare minimum. No lights in the evenings. Heating set way down. No telly. Less cooking. Feels a bit tough right now. And they are promising more price hikes going forwards. This feeds nicely into my natural worrying nature. I am even looking into trying to get a job. Sigh. As if I didn't have enough to worry about and yet many many people will be faced with increasing problems too going forwards this year. Still we have smart meters being fitted on 21st of this month. Maybe that will help with out energy use.

Today, cold, windy, a short walk I think.

Have a great day today
We too have had “ the email”. An extra £1000 a year for us. Washing hung on the line instead of going into the dryer, heating turned down, batch cooking, no food wastage, meal planning etc. We don’t watch much TV and I am always switching lights off, I really don’t know what else we can do. Maybe I’ll have to send Mr Eggy back out to work. After this last week having to get up and be ready early, made up with decent clothes on, AND making a packed lunch, I don’t think I could hack going back to work!

Morning folks. I’ve managed a lie in, sort of, been awake since 7 but refused to get up even though my hip was screaming at me, I had a thumping headache and I was starving! Anyhoo, 6.2 with a marvellous overnight flatfish.

Just pootling today, nothing too strenuous. I’ll feed the birds and read my book and make a chilli con carne for the tea.

Have a great day if you can.
@ColinUK have a fab party, I bet those 80 year olds will outlast you, you’ll be tucked up in bed whilst they’re still dancing on the furniture, having food fights and getting roaring drunk! Hope you’ve packed your Marigolds, I suspect you’ll be busy tomorrow. :rofl:

7.5 for me this morning and I went to bed on 7.7 and my graph shows a very slightly sagging washing line so I'm pretty happy with that. I was torn between 4 and 5 units of Levemir last night. Split the difference and went for 4.5 but looks like 5 would have been a slightly better option. Had a great sleep though!

Took me absolutely ages to get Wordle this morning. I had 2 letters (the main consonants) by the third line but all the letters that went nicely with them were off the table, until I saw the obvious. Doh! Anyway, I got it in 4 in the end but was kicking myself and 8 again for Quordle. Haven't attempted Heardle yet as my knowledge of music is mostly limited to my youth. I am temped to have a listen today since you say it is easy/distinctive.

We are taking Archie and Arthur out for a carriage drive this afternoon if it isn't too wet. First time we will have driven them since New Years Day but the driving season will be starting next month so need to get them going together and working as a pair. Unfortunately Arthur who is young and fit is reluctant to go out (referred to as nappy in the horse world) and doesn't pull his weight at all and you have to keep nagging him to push him on but once we get past the half way make the turbo suddenly kicks in and he brings us home in double quick time and pulls your arms out of their sockets in the process.

@ColinUK Hope you have a great time and your Mother has a lovely celebration.

Just wanna say I got Heardle in 1.... It was totally my era and as you say @ColinUK very distinctive!

Another round 5 for me first thing this am.

Dez

Back