Group 7-day waking average?

I’ve noticed, with Siri on iPhones & iPads, that my family like to have the voice of the opposite sex: I like the male Siri, British in my case, like my sisters; my brothers & nephews like the female voices! :confused::D😛🙄😉
Siri has always been male to me whereas Alexa has always been female.
I think it’s more to do with ambient noise and ease of hearing the response more than anything else.

Didn’t bother going to Argos or the cinema today.
Made my filo mince tarts (with my homemade filo!) popped a tiny bit of 80% chocolate in the mincemeat before baking and they’re scrumptious.

Watched JoJo Rabbit (on Disney+) which I thoroughly enjoyed and understand entirely why it was Oscar nominated.
Then (as I’ve decided to rewatch all the Marvel flicks in chronological order) ticked Capt Marvel off my list.

Oh and got pinged by the covid app. No need to self isolate as I’m triple dosed but advice is to test daily for seven days. Oddly though there’s nowhere I went on the “proximity day” which was inside. I can only think that it’s triggered from sitting outside a coffee shop whilst someone inside subsequently tested positive.

Supper was sea bass roasted on a bed of Provençal lentils.

Hope I continue to test negative as I really don’t want Christmas solo.

Heard from the police today. No news. He’s gone to ground it seems.

Tired today. Hopefully I’ll sleep well enough and tomorrow my knee will be ok enough to allow me to run. Even if it isn’t then I’ll head out for a decent walk - fully masked up and after another test.
Might wander to M&S or Selfridges Food Hall and see what seasonal delights they’ve already marked down. Then again if I am forced to Xmas solo I’d be better off buying eggs, avocado, chicken, fish, veg etc and just eating normally.

Have planned to go out our New Year’s Eve to the extent of actually buying a ticket for a club. I fear it’ll be verboten however.

Anyway… just venting a bit… thank you for listening x

@ColinUK don't you bloody start with the mince pies again, got a box sitting in the kitchen screaming at me.
(my willpower is dependant on my bg meter which currently is laughing at me for even asking if I can have one)

Last edited:
@ColinUK do you bloody start with the mince pies again, got a box sitting in the kitchen screaming at me.
(my willpower is dependant on my bg meter which currently is laughing at me for even asking if I can have one)
Just shove the BG meter head first into a trifle or something so it can’t see you scoff a mince pie!

Oh and mine’s 7.7 right now and I don’t care one iota tbh. Let’s see if I’m in a decent range by the morning.

Just shove the BG meter head first into a trifle or something so it can’t see you scoff a mince pie!
I absolutely love the idea.
Only question. Does the BG Meter like trifle?

Good morning, even if it’s the early hours 5.4 today

Why have I woke up so early
didn’t need to as I’ve finished work until the new year

I’m meeting a good friend for breakfast today
we used to have a full English a couple of times every month
(until the C-19 pandemic happened)
will be having a smaller portion than before when I was fat.

have a great day everybody

Good morning. Pipped at the post this morning.

5.5 BG. Up from the 4's. BG meter was listening.

Final ordered present will be delivered today. Hooray.

Got a turkey crown yesterday in readiness for Christmas day. It will just ge the two of us.

Oddly, and probably rather stupidly, I have decided to be tee total over Christmas and maybe even afterwards.

Again, nothing planned for today.

Have a great day whatever you do or don't

Bonjour. 5.8 this morning and a brace of Echo Dots to pick up from Argos today.
Both for the folks. One for their kitchen Ave the other for the office so mum doesn’t have to shout to dad when she wants to check he’s still alive and see if he wants feeding.

Morning all.5.7 at 6am.

Laid awake since 5.15. Had a much better night’s sleep, maybe the three pillows I was propped up on! Got up because I couldn’t stop coughing, and Mr Eggy needs his beauty sleep more than me. 😉 Did not have a good day yesterday, felt stupidly unwell considering it’s probably just a common cold. Just awaiting the text telling me my PCR results. I did want to be walking around Tesco at this exact time with my 19p sprouts and bottle of Veuve Clicquot in my trolley, but, alas, it’s not to be yet. I really don’t want to send Mr Eggy, he hates shopping and will do it as fast as possible and not get everything, like sprouts, but will probably buy TWO a bottles of fizzy!😳

Have a good day all. I’ll let you know the results ASAP.

Morning

7.2 for me today, that will be the chocolate I ate. Aching back from wrapping presents, thankfully only 5 more to go and asked hubby to do some this evening.

@eggyg - hope you start to feel better soon, and get your test result today.

@ColinUK - hope your tests continue to be negative

have a good day everyone, I only have to work today and tomorrow, then no more until 4th January.

Morning all, 6.7 here. My son got pinged yesterday, @ColinUK. From Monday, either in the departure lounge at Innsbruck airport, or on the plane home. When he was surrounded by people who’d had to produce a negative lateral flow in order to be allowed to fly back! Rather proves it’s not a good way of keeping variants out of the country.

Morning folks.🙂 4.4 here.

Get well soon @eggyg - ‘soon’ being before Xmas Eve at least.

Off to mum’s today for Xmas, via OH’s sister’s house to drop off gifts and a shop, any shop, for crackers (I thought I’d bought some!).

Back