Group 7-day waking average?

I have four of them. Two in the living room, one each in kitchen and bedroom.
All main lights are Hue and there are smart plugs on those lamps which can’t be smart bulbs.

My favourite instruction is still “Alexa, shut up!”
Be careful when talking to Alexa.
I happened to say, “Alexa, what do women want?”
The bloody thing is still chattering away 6 days later!

Morning All
A 6.1 this morning so better following yesterday’s high during a night shift.
Has anyone got advice for, not rapid NovoRapid and Christmas Snacks.
I don’t want to stack doses but with a 4 to 41/2 hour period what happens for snacks in that time.
I don’t want to miss out either way!

Morning All
A 6.1 this morning so better following yesterday’s high during a night shift.
Has anyone got advice for, not rapid NovoRapid and Christmas Snacks.
I don’t want to stack doses but with a 4 to 41/2 hour period what happens for snacks in that time.
I don’t want to miss out either way!
There’s no right answer for snacking, and no magic wand, The options are
1)choose something low carb that won’t affect your numbers
2)choose something carby but small, and correct at the next meal time if you’ve gone high
3)Take some insulin for the snack, but carb count it carefully, and at the next mealtime, remember you’ve got insulin on board and don’t add a correction dose if it’s still a bit higher than normal.
I tend to do #3 as I don’t like either missing out, or going high.

Morning all. 6.2 for me.
@eggyg I hope the pcr is ok and it is just a really bad cold. Everything is crossed for you.
@ColinUK West Side Story is well worth watching. I thought it was as good as the original and the stage production. Enjoy! Let me know what you think.

@ColinUK & @gll, have you tried the new alexa male voice yet?

Good morning all

@eggyg - hoping the test is negative and that you start feeling better soon, but you are doing the right thing. I am insisting that everyone visiting my house Christmas Day takes a LFT, and yes that does include father Christmas. Those of us that live in the house are also taking them I might add.

Another one one the 6.8 step today, DF must have liked that number.

@ColinUK - sorry to hear about your knee. Enjoy West Side Story if you are going, providing we are not in lockdown my daughter and I am planning to go see it after Christmas, but trying not to come into contact with too many people at the moment.

Have a good day everyone

Morning everybody 🙂 at 8:09 BG 6.4 for me. 15.0 units of tresiba done.

Bit of a disappointing 7.8 for me this morning and that was after a 2 unit correction earlier for an 11.1 and another 2 unit increase in Levemir last night (up to 5 units now). I made a ratatouille with sausages and mozzarella on top last night but had a strange hankering for puy lentils yesterday so I added some of those to the ratatouille. I will admit that I had a double helping because i enjoyed it so much (only 2 sausages total) and I injected another 3 units for the second helping. Only carbs were the lentils, bit of rusk in the sausages and the tomatoes, onions and pepper. Went to bed on what I thought might be a risky 5.9 with insulin still on board because I ate late but those pesky lentils pushed me up well beyond my upper limit about 3am and stuck there for the rest of the night! Sooo disappointing when I enjoyed them. Two portions of leftovers so I guess there needs to be further experiments to see how I can manage it. I am thinking probably increase the Levemir a bit more to deal with it, because of the delayed and long release or maybe have it at lunchtime and correct in the evening.

@eggyg Really getting concerned about you now Elaine. Please update us when you can. Hope you are feeling better soon and that Mr Eggy doesn't get it too because we need him to look after you. I wonder if paracetamol might be a better option than Ibuprofen particularly for the night sweats, or perhaps you are taking both. Really keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't scupper your festive plans and you are feeling better soon. X

Bit of a disappointing 7.8 for me this morning and that was after a 2 unit correction earlier for an 11.1 and another 2 unit increase in Levemir last night (up to 5 units now). I made a ratatouille with sausages and mozzarella on top last night but had a strange hankering for puy lentils yesterday so I added some of those to the ratatouille. I will admit that I had a double helping because i enjoyed it so much (only 2 sausages total) and I injected another 3 units for the second helping. Only carbs were the lentils, bit of rusk in the sausages and the tomatoes, onions and pepper. Went to bed on what I thought might be a risky 5.9 with insulin still on board because I ate late but those pesky lentils pushed me up well beyond my upper limit about 3am and stuck there for the rest of the night! Sooo disappointing when I enjoyed them. Two portions of leftovers so I guess there needs to be further experiments to see how I can manage it. I am thinking probably increase the Levemir a bit more to deal with it, because of the delayed and long release or maybe have it at lunchtime and correct in the evening.

@eggyg Really getting concerned about you now Elaine. Please update us when you can. Hope you are feeling better soon and that Mr Eggy doesn't get it too because we need him to look after you. I wonder if paracetamol might be a better option than Ibuprofen particularly for the night sweats, or perhaps you are taking both. Really keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't scupper your festive plans and you are feeling better soon. X
Thanks Barbara. I’m taking both, I don’t like taking ibuprofen usually as it can upset my tummy, but needs must as the paracetamol isn't shifting the pain. Mr Eggy has lit the fire for me as I’m freezing, had a half hour wait outside testing centre and can’t get warm. Been ordered to put my feet up, would like to read or watch telly but keep needing to take my specs off as they feel so heavy on my nose! :(

Attachments

• B2FFB98D-DB8C-4FF3-AC23-68716A9EF7A1.jpeg
    B2FFB98D-DB8C-4FF3-AC23-68716A9EF7A1.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 12
Oh Gosh Elaine! You really don't sound well at all! I always find that a hot water bottle really helps me when I am cold and shivery like that. It just provides a really comforting warmth. How about listening to the Radio. I rather like Radio 4 as you get such a good mix of programs. Pleased Mr Eggy is looking after you. Sending (((HUGS))).... One of the rare occasions when virtual ones are probably better than real ones!

6.4 this morning, a bit more downward so can't complain. Should be a quieter day until late afternoon when daughter will pick up me and our dog - taking granddaughter to see Father Christmas and the dog to see "Santa Paws" - now this should be fun 🙂
Have a good day 🙂

A 5.6 for me and a date with the sofa, Patricia Cornwell and her new book Autopsy. I’m meant to be planning lessons but they can wait a few more days!

@eggyg hope you warm up and feel ok soon.

Have a good day

is it less annoying? LOL
I haven't made my mind up about it yet.:D
Just say Alexa or Echo change your voice.

Last edited:
@eggyg so sorry you’re feeling so rotten, really hope it’s not Covid, let us know as soon as you get your result. I used to love a glass of hot ribena when I was cold and feeling rotten along with a hot water bottle xx

Back