Group 7-day waking average?

@mum2westiesGill
The drop an hour after tea. Was it due to the high protein in the Roast Beef and Fat content of the yoghurt? That may have slowed the food’s absorption so the insulin acted on what was left for the first hour before the food kicked in.
I know on my bolus advisor ( although not tried it yet it has an extended bolus section to add extra insulin for high protein and fat meals).
Although I’m guessing. Perhaps the more knowledgeable people will be able to give a more accurate response.
Thanks for this. I have had it happen a few times recently.
Which bolus advisor do you use? Also would adding extra Insulin be the wrong thing to do in this case?

Morning All
Back from my first overnight shift.
Take your pick of what my waking average was as plenty of readings for you to go at.
Just a one off at the moment.
It seemed to work with the sugar levels and eating at odd times, but not as well as I would have hoped. There again it’s fitting Type 1 round life instead of life round type 1.
So experimentation is the order of the day.
I’ll just post the screenshots of the log and hopefully someone will explain how to improve the results
With NovoRapid not being too Rapid and staying in the system for 4 to 41/2 hours never sure how to add extra as don’t want to stack doses of bolus. So having some snacks without bolus!8F40DF05-2C5D-4E51-834C-AF090189865D.png14187F0C-6B5B-4F25-B876-97147FD6E659.png15F233A2-5795-427F-8796-30FD5DB7E69D.png03AF3D7F-716F-4108-98D1-127D367BEACF.png

Last edited:
Thanks for this. I have had it happen a few times recently.
Which bolus advisor do you use? Also would adding extra Insulin be the wrong thing to do in this case?
I use the one in the DiabetesM app. It shows the extra to get down from glucose readings to target of 5.6 and also extra needed at set times for protein and fats plus an exercise allowance.
As I say I haven’t dared use it yet in anger although I’ve played with the figures to see what it recommends BE269995-BE93-4AD5-BF67-1B0C7A5C2B2E.png2CD4501E-A1AD-4C1B-AA7A-97DCB2A4E411.png

I use the one in the DiabetesM app. It shows the extra to get down from glucose readings to target of 5.6 and also extra needed at set times for protein and fats plus an exercise allowance.
As I say I haven’t dared use it yet in anger although I’ve played with the figures to see what it recommends View attachment 19484View attachment 19485
I've got that app but the bolus advisor is to technical for me to set up.

@mum2westiesGill
I think it’s basically set up at 1 unit per 10 carbs.
Exercise section tends to reduce the bolus by the correct amount but how else it works I wouldn’t like to say.
Put figures into it and see what it says. You don’t need to follow its advice
The software developers in …….. Slovakia I think were helpful when I emailed them to see how to add extra categories for pre driving and whilst driving.

Last edited:
Congrats @ColinUK on your HS.

Well, been to docs and had full check up for D. BP good, weight a bit too much (i already know!) though i did tell her i do struggle with the exercise as i need carbs to keep my levels up/glucose to treat lows which also defeat object of exercise. I do find it hard but my portion size for meals isn't massive and the only time i snack is if i have 2 glasses of wine (and then its only a couple of crackers and cheese or a handful of buts). Oh well, i knew they would say something about my weight.
She did say that i hadn't had a retinopothy app since March '20, i didn't realisr it was that long ago! She gave me the number to ring which i did. They said due to lockdowns they had a backlog and had to triage. Anyone who was deemed low risk was being put to a check every 2 years and i would get a letter after christmas for an app in March as i was deemed low risk.

I'm alive and kicking thank you very much ☺️.
Been busy recording and rehearsing.

Speak to you all soon.

XX
Morning

10.1 after requiring some Lifts 🙄

@Robin @khskel was logging in (I check this if a regular doesn't post for a few days as at least that gives a hint that they are ok) but he hasn't for 9 days so very concerning

Hope @Bloden is also doing ok! xx

I'm alive and kicking thank you very much ☺️.
Been busy recording and rehearsing.

Speak to you all soon.

XX
Very glad to hear it! 🙂 xx

@Kaylz I really feel for you! Can't believe you have another duff one! No wonder you are so frustrated and disillusioned. Do you wear your arm strap all the time? Just wondering if it might somehow be upsetting the things. I am sure you will have considered that, but had to ask.
I haven't had a strap on for weeks as I don't know where it is (last seen with Bubbles 🙄) but I wore it with the Libre 1 without issues 24/7 so I couldn't see that being the issue for any previous failures, this sensor was pretty much spot on for 6 and a half days and there's no hope of it pulling back as it's just drifting further and further out xx

I haven't had a strap on for weeks as I don't know where it is (last seen with Bubbles 🙄) but I wore it with the Libre 1 without issues 24/7 so I couldn't see that being the issue for any previous failures, this sensor was pretty much spot on for 6 and a half days and there's no hope of it pulling back as it's just drifting further and further out xx

In your shoes, I would be asking to go back to Libre 1 and see how you get on.

6.8 this morning, glad it is back in the 6s again. I'm not sure how it will do the rest of the week with a bring and share lunch, my booster jab and a few temptations under my nose in the next few days, but we will do our best.
Shopping is done, lunch is over, now to have a cuppa and maybe a snooze.

I’ve been very distracted the last few days & suddenly realised HOW long it’s been since I posted so, will now I remembered & before I forget again! o_O😳🙄

My waking readings have been 6.5 today, 5.5 yesterday, 7.0 the day before that & 9.0 on Friday! Mostly 🙂

Loved the Strictly final & very pleased to see Rose win although it was a pity that AJ was injured & didn’t dance! 😛:D:(

My youngest brother got married in Hong Kong where he’s been the last couple of years keeping my 96 year old dad company since the start of the pandemic & everything was seen/shown online: not quite the same; haven’t met my new sister in law in person yet! 🙂

Hope everyone is keeping safe & well! 🙂 I’ll catch up at some point but, the next few days will be busy too. My asthma review is tomorrow & my covid booster is the day after.o_O

Wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas & have a Wonderful Time! 😉

How about for a bit of fun if people who test in the mornings post their waking levels? I think it would be interesting to see what the average works out at after a week 🙂

I'll start with mine - I was 6.0 when I woke up this morning 🙂

(please don't let me be the only person to enter one! 😉)

Welcome @Holly5
Hope you enjoy this thread. We generally seem fairly friendly and very supportive.
Post away.

I've searched post after post but cannot figure it out so I have to ask....
What does HS mean?
Things like this drive me mad lol

I've searched post after post but cannot figure it out so I have to ask....
What does HS mean?
Things like this drive me mad lol

HS= House Special = 5.2
It is just a bit of fun really but it is the nominated optimal waking reading, particularly for those of us on insulin who can go too low as well as too high, but everyone gets congratulated for achieving an HS regardless of Type of diabetes or treatment.
Hope you didn't try to research too many back pages before you gave up and asked.... (gulp emoji!)

HS= House Special = 5.2
It is just a bit of fun really but it is the nominated optimal waking reading, particularly for those of us on insulin who can go too low as well as too high, but everyone gets congratulated for achieving an HS regardless of Type of diabetes or treatment.
Hope you didn't try to research too many back pages before you gave up and asked.... (gulp emoji!)
I dont want to confess the amount of back pages but it was a lot more than 10!

Morning all. First up today with a 5.7.
Been awake on and off all night with this ruddy cold. I feel so bad I’ve just booked myself a PCR test for 8am. If I’m positive I’m aware it’s going to spoil Christmas big style, but better that than infect the entire family in one fell swoop. All fingers and toes crossed please. Just had a chocolate digestive as I needed to take some ibuprofen, I don’t do eating in the middle of the night, it’s taken me ages. Hopefully the pills will kick in soon, throat, head, face all aching. Apparently, the symptoms for Omicron are very like a heavy cold with night sweats thrown in. I get like that on occasion ( age related) but I’ve been absolutely soaked through everynight for days now. TMI! Sorry! Deep down I’m sure it’s “ only” a cold but better safe than sorry. :(

Obviously apart from PCR test, no plans today!

Have a good day folks, four more sleeps! 🙂

Back