Group 7-day waking average?

Morning

7.5 this morning, been for a walk instead of a run as I did 10k yesterday. Off to the crematorium later as dad would have been 87 today. then out for lunch with my children and granchildren.

loved Strictly last night, so many if the dances had been in tears, although Rose was my favourite both were so wonderful that it didn’t matter which pairing won.

have a good day and take care everyone

Morning all!

4.7 with a straight line overnight. Surprising as we gave our “Christmas do” last night. Unlike times before lockdown we didn’t invite lots of people and I didn’t spend days cooking for it. We just had 2 other couples, called it a wine and cheese evening and put on lots of stinky cheeses, (one was so ripe it needed a spoon to serve) and several ciabatta loaves. Followed up with Stollen cake and chocolates. Goodness knows what time we went to bed, but didn’t wake until 9:30 today. It seems we have agreed to all meet up again on Wednesday for a tour and tasting at the local gin distillery. Oh well, it IS Christmas!

Have a good day everyone and @eggyg get well soon!

@DuncanLord Good luck with your nightshift. Is it a one off? That may be a little tricky but at least when you are piloting rather that driving you can experiment and figure out a strategy to manage your levels and food with relative safety.
Barbara, this is just a one time event, at the moment. As you say a little tricky but needed, to test if this diabetes is living with me rather than me living with it.
I’ll let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
7.7 this morning, same as at bedtime .... blame the Chinese we had for son's birthday! We haven't even touched the cake yet! At this rate I think it will be a sniff it instead of a taste it! Ho hum.

Slept in again.

1st reading 19.2 so rewashed wash hands, change lancets and new strip, test again, 20.8.
Ran another one on spare monitor and 18.4.

Went to bed in the 12s bit of confused as I had soup and (1) seeded bread 4 hour previously and started eating in the 7s and shouldn't have even hit 12 really (took my evening dose of gliclazide a little before soup).
Kinda figured I still had some active meds in me, it would just come down overnight.
Not sure if it just crept all night or came down and spiked again.

Anyway putting it down to "today ends in a y" and will retest in a lil while once gliclazide has kicked in.

Edit/update: +90 mins - 16.5 so coming down a bit 🙂

Last edited:
Well finget pick before backfast was 8.7(wanted to check i wasnt actlly higher then what the libre was saying in which case i would have taken a bit more insullin. Ended doing a half unit correction at 4 in morning due to having mcdonalds chips at midnight but not spliting the dose. I need tp try not eating when i reduce my evening limer to see if the reduction actully works

Morning all. 5.8 for me. I've decided not to have bought pizza again. Levels spiked to 14s despite split bolus and a 2ucorrection followed by a sudden drop and an alarm every 2 hours as dropping below mid 4s.

Strictly was fab. Both were amazing dancers. I preferred John's showdance though Rose's was beautiful. Both were winners though really.
I make my own using Napoli bases and green pesto. I think a whole one is 86g carb then our own toppings on. I get a spike of about 11 with that. Split dose into 3 - as I start making about 45 min later and and hour after d finishing. 3 jabs I know but it seems to work!

4.9 this morning. Nothing planned except watching tv and book reading.

Have a good rest of the day all.

Good afternoon late to check in for me today.
BS was 8.0 @ breakfast time (didn’t test on waking today)

Hope everybody is having a great weekend

I make my own using Napoli bases and green pesto. I think a whole one is 86g carb then our own toppings on. I get a spike of about 11 with that. Split dose into 3 - as I start making about 45 min later and and hour after d finishing. 3 jabs I know but it seems to work!
I usually make my own low carb base (courtesy of a diabetes cookbook) but i really fancied a pre made one and hadn't had one since diagnosis. Can you buy the Napoli bases on their own then? Hubby mainly does the weekly shop so thats probably why i haven't seen them. :confused: might be worth trying again and using your trick of 3 jabs.

I usually make my own low carb base (courtesy of a diabetes cookbook) but i really fancied a pre made one and hadn't had one since diagnosis. Can you buy the Napoli bases on their own then? Hubby mainly does the weekly shop so thats probably why i haven't seen them. :confused: might be worth trying again and using your trick of 3 jabs.
Yes you can get in packs of 2 “large” or 4 small side plate sized ones. In Morrisons they’re found with the dry pasta section. We don’t have too often but nice when we do. My sister makes a fab pizza with either broccoli or cauliflower base. I can’t replicate it !

Good evening everybody 🙂 hope you've all had a great day 🙂

8:21 BG 5.4. Tiny bit under target 6-10mmol. 15.0 units Tresiba was done.

23:11 BG bedtime 4.5. Under target 6-10mmol. After rather a good night out. Had 3x rich tea biscuits 18g carbs.
19:01 BG after buffet 8.2. Test result was from before buffet.
Buffet 53g carbs. 5.5 units humalog for food. 2x pigs in blankets, 1x chicken pakora, 1x sausage roll, 1/2 bread bap with tuna & mayo filling on and cucumber, 1/2 bread bap with prawn & marie rose filling on, 3x cheese & pineapple on sticks.
18:25 BG before buffet 8.2. Used this test after eating for bolus advice.
13:38 BG before lunch 7.2.
Lunch 49g carbs. 4.5 units of humalog for food. Wafer thin beef sandwich. 1x 2 finger kit kat.

Yes you can get in packs of 2 “large” or 4 small side plate sized ones. In Morrisons they’re found with the dry pasta section. We don’t have too often but nice when we do. My sister makes a fab pizza with either broccoli or cauliflower base. I can’t replicate it !
Thanks. Will have a look. I hope you are having a good start to the holiday.

6.7 today. Off to work, have a good day x

Late on the forum this dark, cold morning. Good morning none the less.

BG 4.6 again. I think the BG machine batteries must be running out. It's nearly always in the mid 4's in the mornings now. It used to be in the mid to upper 5's. Not complaining though.

Just doing Christmas cards and a short 300 page Christmas letter 🙂

I don't know about 2022 and how it will turn out but Christmas 2021 looks like it will be ok. A bit more plain than in the past but still, ok. Less than a week to go too.

Nothing planned for today. I must try to get out and do some walking. I have been a bit lazy this past week.

Back