Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 5.7 after a night sailing very close to the bottom line.
I’ve cancelled my volunteer shifts as I’m coughing like mad and feel rubbish. I’ve done a LFT, negative, just a bad cold. Still up early though as at the bloodletter’s at 8.30! I’ll drive down instead of my usual walking. I haven’t slept much. :(

Nothing more to report, maybe just sit around feeling sorry for myself later! I really don’t have time to be ill!

Have a good day. Five more sleeps.:D

Morning all, 4.9 here. Went for a walk yesterday morning as it looked nice and sunny. Five minutes up the road we walked into a bank of fog. By the time we’d looped round thinking, maybe we’ll go the other way towards the sunny bit, the whole area was covered.

Tesco sell what I find a nice size. In packs of two, each one being ~45g carb. (And as outlined above they tend to be with the dry pasta.)
Thank you. Will keep an eye out for them.

Good morning. 7.8 for me and had a good nights sleep as shown by the slight break in the data. Stayed mainly in target too.

Off to the docs this morning for D review, first one in 2 years. Then meeting a friend for lunch and to swap gifts. LFT done so i'm all set. Catch up with you all later. Have a good day.

Reporting a 4.5 this bloomin' cold morning. 🙂

Dez

Morning

8.4 for me

For weeks Bruce was asking me what I wanted for Christmas and I couldn't help as there's nothing I really wanted, well today all I want for Christmas is a supply of reliable sensors! Yet another on the way out with it reading 3.6 with the finger prick being 8.4, I really am getting thoroughly fed up of them :( xx

Good morning all, 5.7 for me this grey morning. A change from yesterday's blazing sunshine when my gardening lad got the last of the fruit trees planted. He has 4 days off during Christmas break so, weather permitting, we can make a start on the shelter belt. Wishing you sunshine...

Greetings everyone. 4.2 for me after a Lift tablet earlier. That is a Libre reading so actual BG is probably a little higher.

@Kaylz I really feel for you! Can't believe you have another duff one! No wonder you are so frustrated and disillusioned. Do you wear your arm strap all the time? Just wondering if it might somehow be upsetting the things. I am sure you will have considered that, but had to ask.

Morning everybody 🙂 and for me it's day 1 of my school holidays.

8:05 12.4 over target 6-10mmol. Reason unknown. 15.0 units of tresiba done. 1.5 units humalog correction.

23:43 BG 5.4 bedtime. Tiny bit under target. Had 3x rich tea biscuits and some mature cheddar cheese.
20:07 BG 5.2. Random test.
19:07 BG 6.5. Before tea. Within target 6-10mmol.
Tea 78g carbs. 7.5 units of humalog for food. Roast beef, tesco mashed potato 234g in weight, yorkshire pudding, carrots, peas & gravy. Muller corner fruit yogurt, 3x quality street chocolates.
14:40 BG 7.4. Before lunch.
Lunch 49g carbs. 4.5 units of humalog for food. Tuna & mayo sandwich on 2x rounds hovis medium white sliced bread, 1x 2 finger kit kat.

I don't know if anybody knows the answer to this - why did my BG drop just after having my tea? I thought BG went higher after eating.

Hope everybody has a great day 🙂 X

Went out to an outdoor carol service last night, came home freezing at about 8pm so got into bed to warm up a bit and crashed out (who was I kidding that I would stay awake).

Woke up at 1.30am on 15.9 (becoming a trend overnight it seems).
Managed to get back to sleep around 4 and got a much more sensible 8.9 on waking for 2nd time.

Trying to hit reset on sleep today at least. Going to be a long day 🙄

Forgive the brevity of the post this morning. Needed to rush off and do something so couldn’t linger longer.
Anyway, hope everyone’s gearing up for as good a Christmas as is possible and I’ll catch up after yet another meeting with lawyers.

Morning all, bit grey here today. Had a nice day yesterday though, virtual meet up in the afternoon and then a lovely video call with our neice and her fiance who live in California. They get married on 27 Dec and unfortunately we aren't able to go for obvious reasons.

6.1 this morning - did have an oat and raisin cookie before bed as I was reluctant to go to bed on 4.5. Could have done a temp basal but then the alarm would wake me when it ran out.

Congratulations on the HS @ColinUK

@eggyg dose yourself up with a nice hot toddy and be kind to yourself.

Morning

6.5 this morning so an improvement, went out for lunch yesterday with my family and had 3 courses including a dessert, didn't eat much after it was a late lunch.

Back at work today, still rubbish, but hey ho only 3 days to go then in the New Year it will calm down back to normal which although busy, is not as stressful as now, yes do get somedays or some work which is stressful but nothing like it was last week and has started so far this week.

@eggyg - hope you are feeling better soon, I have had a cough for over a week now but all tests have come back negative.

@ColinUK - congrats on your HS.

Have a good day everyone

Forgive the brevity of the post this morning. Needed to rush off and do something so couldn’t linger longer.
Anyway, hope everyone’s gearing up for as good a Christmas as is possible and I’ll catch up after yet another meeting with lawyers.
So brief, it didn't stick in my mind long enough to congratulate you! Well done! I hope that great start to the day continues in the same vein for the remainder of it.

@ColinUK
Well done on the HS.

@mum2westiesGill
The drop an hour after tea. Was it due to the high protein in the Roast Beef and Fat content of the yoghurt? That may have slowed the food’s absorption so the insulin acted on what was left for the first hour before the food kicked in.
I know on my bolus advisor ( although not tried it yet it has an extended bolus section to add extra insulin for high protein and fat meals).
Although I’m guessing. Perhaps the more knowledgeable people will be able to give a more accurate response.

Back