Group 7-day waking average?

I’m still in bed. Feel very ill. Woke with low alarm going off at 3am violently sick and cracking headache. Not sure if it’s knock on to a few days of lows and bad hypo waking me (finger prick agreed with scanner) or the dreaded bug going round school. Either way I feel rough.

We’re nearly there @freesia

Love the sound of your cake @Kaylz I like salted caramel never used to and couldn’t understand the fuss people made. Not a fan or red velvet cake though people rave about that no idea why!

Hope the hospital goes ok @SueEK

As @adrian1der says @ColinUK stay strong

Have a good rest of the day

Hope you feel better soon @Bexlee

Can I just ask that when messages contain @ as in tagging people. . It’s a personal message and don’t like to put a like on It? I thought it was a public forum but appears to be just some people chatting to a few selected others now ! For politeness sake I will just not put likes to something that doesn’t concern me. Have a good day everyone

Can I just ask that when messages contain @ as in tagging people. . It’s a personal message and don’t like to put a like on It? I thought it was a public forum but appears to be just some people chatting to a few selected others now ! For politeness sake I will just not put likes to something that doesn’t concern me. Have a good day everyone
Putting an @ (screen name) is just another way of replying to a post. Especially if you are using one message to reply to more than one person
Its not a private message as that’s done at the top right hand side, next to the alerts. Sorry that shows private messages received. To send tap the persons profile at the top of message and then select send private message from the lower bar.
that’s how I think it works.
perhaps others have different or more ideas!

Last edited:
Hi @jeanettem1 Hope you feel better soon.

To send a private message click on the envelope icon in the top right side of the screen as @DuncanLord says. Most people use like because they like the contents of the message, or because they like the fact that people are contributing or to just generally show support for the person or even just to show that they read the post!

Hi @jeanettem1 Hope you feel better soon.

To send a private message click on the envelope icon in the top right side of the screen as @DuncanLord says. Most people use like because they like the contents of the message, or because they like the fact that people are contributing or to just generally show support for the person or even just to show that they read the post!
Thank you adrian

Thank you adrian
I like a message pretty much to show I’ve read it rather than anything more. It’s a simple way of showing support even if I can’t really add anything to the discussion.

Regarding @ then either that’s a specific response to something someone has posted (but it’s not a private response!) or it’s equally as often to paste someone to the thread because I think they can probably better answer the points raised than I can.

And sometimes when I post really personal stuff I don’t expect any replies but getting the likes is hugely supportive.
It can feel very lonely sometimes dealing with everything which is going on and the forum is a place of support. Those likes are often for me an indication of that support. Sometimes it’s just a sign that I’m being heard and that’s enough.
I don’t know if others use/view likes in that way but I certainly do.

I use the 'like' button to show I've read a post, appreciated it’s content, but don’t feel I have anything to add by way of reply.
If I post in the middle of a discussion, and something I put is following on from someone else's comment, I quite often alert them with a @ so they will get an alert that someone has said something relevant to what they posted, and they may wish to come back to it, but it’s not a direct answer to their post, so using the 'reply' box isn’t appropriate.
Case in point now, I would put @jeanettem1 to alert her to the fact that I've said something relevant to a previous post of hers, and she may want to read it, or know it’s been posted.

@ColinUK this feels like an appropriate time for me to say hi to you. I never wanted to 'like' some of your more personal posts before. A 'like' didn't feel like the right thing to do. And as I am fairly new to the forum and I didn't feel comfortable to comment as I don't really know you. However, I want you to know that I read your posts and virtually send you my thoughts and best wishes.

’m still in bed. Feel very ill.
I hope you feel better soon!

Love the sound of your cake @Kaylz I like salted caramel never used to and couldn’t understand the fuss people made. Not a fan or red velvet cake though people rave about that no idea why!
😳 I actually wanted to get her a red velvet cake as she loves them but the Co-Op like many others have scaled back on the produce they keep in stock (well it's Scotmid so far smaller than Co-Op's) and only had the salted caramel, a chocolate cake and a strawberry & white chocolate one, she doesn't like white chocolate and chocolate cake is widely available lol xx

@Bexlee so sorry you are under the weather. Hope you feel better very soon xx

I hope you feel better soon!

😳 I actually wanted to get her a red velvet cake as she loves them but the Co-Op like many others have scaled back on the produce they keep in stock (well it's Scotmid so far smaller than Co-Op's) and only had the salted caramel, a chocolate cake and a strawberry & white chocolate one, she doesn't like white chocolate and chocolate cake is widely available lol xx
I have a dark confession. I absoutely love the victoria sponges from Iceland (formerly Bejam). They are jammed full of fresh cream (but I daren't look at the numbered ingredients too closely)no other make comes anywhere close. Waitrose, Tesco and M&S offer a pale shadow of what a victoria sponge should be.....
After 33 years in Aussie with the best they could manage being pavlova and Anzac biscuits I overdosed on them on my return in 2014.
Not had one since diagnosis in July, but I am slavering just thinking about them and I'm sure I will succumb sooooon!!!
Tony

Afternoon...sneaking in late at the back again.

Haven’t posted on the forum for a while, however got a very rare (lots of random ups and downs last few weeks) 5.2 this morning and where else but here would anyone appreciate that? 🙂

Haven’t posted on the forum for a while, however got a very rare (lots of random ups and downs last few weeks) 5.2 this morning and where else but here would anyone appreciate that? 🙂
Congrats on your HS and nice to see you back x

@ColinUK this feels like an appropriate time for me to say hi to you. I never wanted to 'like' some of your more personal posts before. A 'like' didn't feel like the right thing to do. And as I am fairly new to the forum and I didn't feel comfortable to comment as I don't really know you. However, I want you to know that I read your posts and virtually send you my thoughts and best wishes.
@Kitty W thank you
It’s tough to reach out until there’s been a bit of back and forth I know so thank you for your support. It really is appreciated.
And let fly with those “likes” in future!

I have a dark confession. I absoutely love the victoria sponges from Iceland (formerly Bejam). They are jammed full of fresh cream (but I daren't look at the numbered ingredients too closely)no other make comes anywhere close. Waitrose, Tesco and M&S offer a pale shadow of what a victoria sponge should be.....
After 33 years in Aussie with the best they could manage being pavlova and Anzac biscuits I overdosed on them on my return in 2014.
Not had one since diagnosis in July, but I am slavering just thinking about them and I'm sure I will succumb sooooon!!!
Tony
Beejam was a place of utter joy and wonderment when I was a kid. Iceland is somewhere I pop into on the way to Waitrose just to price match and remind myself that their frozen veg is extraordinarily good value.
I’ll have to look at their Victoria sponge cake next time I’m in. Promise I won’t post the nutritional values on here though!

Gotta cheer those HS!

Back