Group 7-day waking average?

7.8 this morning. Upped my dose of tresiba tonight.

I injected into my right arm for the first time last night and it was fine. Did my left arm this evening and it stung, left a lasting sting and bled! Is it bad luck? Did I do something wrong? My arms have plenty of fat upon them! Lol
No, it's just luck assuming you are using approved sites. Sometimes the needle hurts going in, sometimes the insulin stings and sometimes you catch a small blood vessel and they bleed and usually bruise the next day. If you are lucky it is totally painless. Occasionally you are very unlucky and get a triple whammy.

What a day. Several small hypos through the day, struggled to get levels above 5 then suddenly, at 5.30pm, they shot up to 13!! Finger prick showed 10. Sensor carried on going up to 17.5 over the hour, finger prick was 13.6!! Its finally coming back down but i shall be watching this sensor the next few days. 4 out is too much i think. If it keeps that up, it will be a call to Abbott.

Hows your sensor doing?xx
That’s it Threaten it With Abbott and put it-on the naughty step. Bound to work properly.

The important thing is to double check with a finger prick when you get a very high reading to calculate your correction by and when low of course. Hope those levels come down and stabilize before bedtime.
Thanks. I've been double checking with finger pricks all day. Its been a horrible day, even moving off the sofa has made it drop!! Well, i did a correction dose with tea and it just plumeted unlike the usual slower decline. Currently sitting back at 4.4-4.6, certainly too low to go to bed, despite having a 2 biscuits (which usually brings me higher). I hope it goes up soon as i'm really tired and want to sleep but i'm a bit frightened to.

That’s it Threaten it With Abbott and put it-on the naughty step. Bound to work properly.
Funny, we mention Abbott and the sensors always play ball.

@freesia Oh dear! I'm so sorry that your levels still haven't settled and I can totally understand you being scared to sleep when they are so unpredictable. Hope they lift soon and you get some good rest.

@freesia Oh dear! I'm so sorry that your levels still haven't settled and I can totally understand you being scared to sleep when they are so unpredictable. Hope they lift soon and you get some good rest.
They've finally lifted slightly. I'm changing the alarm level slightly for overnight so i get extra warning just in case. Off to bed, see you all in the morning.

Good morning. Very late up for me this cold morning.

4.7 for me which is good.

Not really looking forward to my morning walk as it is cold and windy out there, but at least its not raining.

Finished off the painting of the new cupboard.shelf things and put them in place. They look good. I spoke too soon...my wife complained and complained about the smell of the paint for hours. She then opened the windows and made the house cold. I can't blame her. The paint was a bit strong.

My daughter paid a surprise visit yesterday morning, with her partner and daughter. It was a lovely time. Precious.

And

The partner assisted me putting up the new kitchen side light thing. Looks good, works well (the light, not the partner). It's not quite finished. I still have to bury the wiring. I realised that I needed a light when it started to go dark in the mornings and even with the main light on, because of my shaddow, I couldn't see what I was doing, and I was dealing with boiling water, so for safetys sake...

New Kitchen Light 1.jpg

Morning good peeps. :D 4.5 here.

Ooo, there’s a chill in the air this morning, brrrr. But the tide’s out and the dogs are allowed on the whole beach again, so life is gooood.

I hope you didn’t get too wet yesterday @Flower and your team won. (((Hugs))) for the pesky direbetes getting you down. :confused:I hope you feel more upbeat asap.🙂

@New-journey Many congratulations on a tremendous HbA1c result. The stuff of dreams! Wow! Seriously green with envy here. So pleased you had a lovely holiday too.
Thanks so much for your supportive words and I do work hard at it. I did think it would be higher this time, so I was very relieved. My consultant is very surprised and wants to do some extra tests to see what is going on. Now dreaming of the next holiday!!

07:31 BS 5.1 Another Drat! Exactly the same as yesterday & overshot by a wee smidge! 🙄:D😉

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Things are still a bit odd but, at least now it’s not swinging quite so much: lowest was 5.4 around the 5.5 hours after NR & it was last sitting at 8.4 at the 4 hour mark; didn’t nap & was awake this time so, I thought basal is too much? 🙄 So, tried reducing it a bit at 10pm & stuck in 76 instead of 78! Seems to be ok as I didn’t wake higher but, only time, & YET MORE testing, today will tell? My fingers are sore AND callousing & I had to go to 4, FOUR!, on my softclix for my outside right thumb that hurts a lot: 11 levels on the softclix starting at 0.5 in 0.5 increments to 5.5 & I’ve never needed 4 ever before; usually only need 0.5 up to 1.5 on my thumbs!😱 I’ve averaged 20 tests a day the last few days & did the outside & insides of all ten fingers twice yesterday: already knew the outside right thumb needed 4 which STUNG; still I tried 3.5 & it didn’t hurt THAT much less but, it didn’t bleed!😡 That was a painful sting for the waking reading this morning! Boo Hoo!

Loved Strictly last night & enjoyed Robert Webb’s & John Whsite’s performances the most! 😛:D First dance off later this evening & who’ll leave first?🙄

A very respectable 5.6 this morning after weeks of being in the high 6s and 7s, had a huge whole album roll with my chicken last night, anyway pleased with that. PCR test came back negative so I can continue with all my hospital tests/visits as planned which is a relief.

@ColinUK - well done on your Park Run time, sounds like a really supportive bunch of people there which is lovely.

Off for my Sunday morning run and maybe a gentle yoga stretch from the yoga app I use. Looks like the sun is trying to come through.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

A very respectable 5.6 this morning after weeks of being in the high 6s and 7s, had a huge whole album roll with my chicken last night, anyway pleased with that. PCR test came back negative so I can continue with all my hospital tests/visits as planned which is a relief.

@ColinUK - well done on your Park Run time, sounds like a really supportive bunch of people there which is lovely.

Off for my Sunday morning run and maybe a gentle yoga stretch from the yoga app I use. Looks like the sun is trying to come through.

Have a great Sunday everyone.
What’s the yoga app you use?

6.1 this morning. May wander down and see some of the marathon pass by a little later.

5.6 for me on this dreary wet Sunday morning. 🙂

Dez

4 for
Nothing new to report still waiting for diabetes check-up its almost a year now.

Back