Group 7-day waking average?

Morning yawning! 7.4 after a very late night. 1.30pm! That’s tomorrow! I never go to bed a different day to the day I got up! That means I’ll be going to bed twice today. 😛

Good night with lovely friends. Food was good, even though I say so myself, very much appreciated. Of course I made far too much and my fridge is now full of leftovers! I’ll be freezing some and have some the next day or two. Moussaka anyone?

Just cooking my full English, I’m starving! If Mr Eggy doesn’t get out of his pit in the next half hour I’m just sitting down to it myself.

Have a great day, it’s very, very wet here. 🙂
@stackingcups brilliant numbers.
@Gwynn looking good, I’m with your wife on this one though, the smell of paint gives me a migraine.

Morning

7.9 here

Lost Sky signal for a while yesterday afternoon when the rain was at it's worst, missed a good chunk of what looked like a really good Christmas film! xx

5.1 this morning. Started IF 3 days ago - 18/6 and 2 meals a day. Oddly not too hungry until I eat and then ravenous. Thank God for black tea... Sun out, blue sky with huge shower clouds, planning on a little gardening - still struggling to remove stupidly planted ribbon grass.

Morning all. Well, no more lows overnight, just highs. It shot up when i went to bed and stayed in the 13s (finger prick 11) all night. Alarms going off a lot as i didnt want to correct and risk more constant lows.
Woke this morning to a 12.1 (finger prick 10.2) so correcting and keeping my fingers crossed for a better day. Wish me luck!!

@stackingcups well done on your waking level.
@eggyg enjoy the full english, i'll be up for moussaka later.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Morning all. Well, no more lows overnight, just highs. It shot up when i went to bed and stayed in the 13s (finger prick 11) all night. Alarms going off a lot as i didnt want to correct and risk more constant lows.
Woke this morning to a 12.1 (finger prick 10.2) so correcting and keeping my fingers crossed for a better day. Wish me luck!!

@stackingcups well done on your waking level.
@eggyg enjoy the full english, i'll be up for moussaka later.

Have a good Sunday everyone.
Good luck - hope BG starts behaving itself.

7.4 for me, just can't seem to ease it downwards. Dull and overcast 13deg in Poole supposed to get to 18..we'll see.

6.8 today, nice evening but didn’t stay too long.
@Kaylz I also love a good Christmas film any time of the year.
Have a good day all x

Yup me too. A good Christmas film, a small whisky, snuggled up to wife, what dould be better... well, maybe.....

Happy Sunday to All
Well let’s guess what happens today.
after climbing yesterday to the 15’s it suddenly dropped back to the 6’s in the evening
This morning a 6.7 with a late start.
have a great day

@SueEK movies 24 has been showing a couple of Christmas films at the weekends for a couple of months, GREAT! Movies Christmas channel started on the 23rd September though so about midday at the weekends that's put on and we sit watching them all afternoon lol, it's a shame that the Hallmark movies are rarely available over here on DVD as there are a lot of their Christmas films I could watch over and over again, one of Bruce's favourites is A Granpa For Christmas so he's always checking to see if that's in the schedule (although I think it's recorded on the Sky box) xx

Good morning 6:4 today. Made some provisional holiday bookingS for 3 weeks in Lanzarote over the festive season. Don’t know if I should book my flight just now or wait to see how the virus is going to pan out

Last edited by a moderator:
@Telemóveis what’s the confidence issue about? Is it the diabetes or something else?

I’m really not confident with my body so to be in a bunch of people who really couldn’t give a fig what I looked like was really empowering.
I’ve forgotten what it’s like to be with new people after so long in lockdown and WFH as well.

Diabetes is definitely the main thing, haven’t actually ran since Cardiff half marathon in 2018 (uni took over my life from that point). Just seems a bit daunting with having to think about BGs

Yeah never been confident with my body at all, prefer to wear trousers, jumpers to keep it covered. Love that you were able to just run without thinking about it, definitely very empowering 🙂

Good Morning 6.1 today,
almost turned on the heating yesterday evening, but resisted the temptation

Today’s our last lay in (I’ve been off for a few days and wife has been off all week)
alarm now goes back on for waking up early 🙂 As both back to work tomorrow

Happy Sunday Everybody

almost turned on the heating yesterday evening, but resisted the temptation
Ours was on for an hour this morning and will probably go back on after dinner, it's chilly as here! xx

6.2 for me but only because I injected 2 correction units earlier for a 10.5 and I had been in double figures all night despite 7 units of Levemir. Not sure if my flu jab had anything to do with it but I am really struggling for control in general at the moment and my TIR for the week is down to just 80%, which is very disappointing. Getting the evening Levemir dose right is the main problem as I have had nights where I have been high all night or others where I have been low most of the night although some of the lows would have been in range if sensor had been reading correctly. Daytime results are pretty good/steady so I have no idea why night time is such a problem all of a sudden. Hoping whatever the problem is settles down soon or I figure out a strategy, but struggling to see any patterns other than rising towards bedtime the last 3-4 days, which taking my Levemir earlier has helped with, but then I have to decide how much Levemir to take and that depends on what I end up doing after that injection.
No doubt it is just a phase and will pass.

I'm still holding out on the heating but I put a blanket on the bed last night and what an amazing difference that made. Didn't want to get up this morning because it was just so warm and snuggly.

@stackingcups Delighted to see you get your first reading under 7 and better still, some consistency. Many congratulations. I know that mentally it will make such a difference to you.

@eggyg I'll be on my way across as soon as I have my chores done. I LOVE LOVE LOVE moussaka!
So pleased you had a lovely evening. I am so jealous of your friends being treated to all that wonderful food.

Hoping whatever the problem is settles down soon or I figure out a strategy
Hopefully it will settle again soon. I think sometimes its hard to spot patterns, especially when there are so many things that can affect it. It is frustrating.

I feel my celebration was premature. I'm having what is supposed to be a withdrawal bleed, which is ridiculously heavy. I've just ruined my new dress, and I've had to take tranexamic acid which sent my readings up into the 12s before :(
Oh No! I'm so sorry! Don't you just hate being a woman sometimes!

Back