Group 7-day waking average?

Morning

6.9 for me this morning

@SueEK I'm sorry I can't "like" your post today, I'm so sorry you didn't get the results you were hoping for and also that they weren't gentle with you

@stackingcups well done! Although it most likely isn't the Tresiba yet as you've only taken it once, it takes a while to build up in your system, I hope it works for you though but be cautious if you have a more active day one day xx

Think we’ll do a matinee, maybe next week. I think Daniel Craig is the best ever James Bond. Easy on the eye and ( I think) a younger version of Mr Eggy, sort of, when I squint my eyes, in a dark room, without my specs on! 😉
I’ve got my ticket for Friday. I seen the Many Saints of Newark last week about Tony Soprano growing up. It was great but very violent in some bits. I especially wanted to see it as my grandfather was born in NewJersey. This was the worst parts of NJ they filmed In . If you like mafia movies then go and see it. It’s going to become a classic.

08:44 BS 12.5 after another pretty much sleepless night because I REALLY did turn a corner by last night & my insulin levels were suddenly SO much less: instinct to decrease LR at 10pm was right; just nowhere near enough of a reduction & 92 units was still WAY WAY too much as I kept going lower despite eating two more microwaved stews AND biscuits! In the end I ate the last stew without any NR at all just before 5am as I was SO exhausted I wanted to sleep & deal with whatever the reading is when I get up & I’m going all the way back down to normal the dose of 78 at 10am. I did get SOME sleep but, still woke a little over an hour early, before the alarm, as I’m still anxious about my BS I suppose. Now, compromised a bit with 6 units of NR as there’s still a tiny bit of the tail end of LR to go & I’ll test again at 10am before I stick in LR, again, & sleep afterwards: will deal with higher BS if it is after I get up! o_O

Without metaformin there’s a HUGE difference, I’m still finding out, between my doses when I’m ill vs when I’m not: it’s the recovery when my insulin needs suddenly drop that’s caught me out each time! 😱

But, other than THAT, dropping BS all night, I’m DEFINITELY much much better & my heart rate hardly bothered me at all: kept testing, every half hour at one point, & able to head off hypos despite the basal dropping me down faster than the food I ate; I actually don’t want to eat at all now after eating 2 stews, 3 oatcakes & peanut butter through the night! A Sickly Green emoji!

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Will catch up on this thread while I wait for 10am LR 🙄

Last edited:
Morning All
Slightly confused by results since posting before Dinner yesterday.
17:30 BG 8.1
17:45 2 units M3
18:15. Dinner. 1/2 chicken breast. Jacket potato. Sage onion stuffing. 100g peas. 100g. Carrots. Cup gravy. Apple. Coffee. Cordial.
66 carbs or 550 cal
20:20. Blood sugar 7.8
22:37. BG ( whist driving back from handing sick note in to work). 8.1.
Yes I know over 2 hour gap but no where safe to stop as main road closed and loads of traffic through the side road.
23:46. BG before bed. 6.4

07:50. Wake up
07:57. BG. 6.9. But probably due to FFoF

Where will it go today?
They all look like good figures to me.

I’ve got my ticket for Friday. I seen the Many Saints of Newark last week about Tony Soprano growing up. It was great but very violent in some bits. I especially wanted to see it as my grandfather was born in NewJersey. This was the worst parts of NJ they filmed In . If you like mafia movies then go and see it. It’s going to become a classic.
And James Gandolphini's son plays the young Tony which is a nice touch!

Who would play the young me in a film I wonder....

Good morning all 🙂

6.9 this morning which is an improvement but still not back to normal just yet.

Thanks for the tip @rebrascora :D I shall remember that for next time because I just kept climbing up (8.4, 9.0, 9.5, 12.0)

It’s bowling day again today 😎 Aiming to beat my PB of 82!

Wishing everyone a fantastic day :D

6.6 today and I’m feeling very miserable, if you don’t want to read a moan then best pass on to the next post. After my second cystourethrogram yesterday in London I could have cried. It still hasn’t healed and the leak is still there so nearly 8 weeks on from my op I still have the catheter and now unsure as to whether the graft has worked, I can’t even think about what they may need to do if this is the case. The radiographer was very brusque in her manner and also rough and hurt me, I don’t think she had a clue what I’ve had done and that shoving a tube up next to an insitu catheter where reconstructive surgery has been done is bloody painful, the nurse was really cross. So yet again I have to go back to have it done again in another 2 weeks. I need to go and buy a couple of skirts that are long enough to cover the leg bag which comes about 2 inches below my knee as the ones I have are summer ones and the dresses I have been wearing are also sleeveless summer ones. I have left a message with my consultants nurse asking her to look into these results for me and what this could mean. I’m trying not to worry but to be honest it’s not working. Moan over.
Hope you all have a good day x
Oh Sue. I feel for you. How frustrating. No wonder you’re so fed up. Please keep coming on here and venting if it makes you feel better. Take care.

10:03 BS 8.9 with LR, back to 78, & pills in & off to bed to sleep! I seemed to have got the compromise of a bit of NR right & there’s still wriggle room, for the other just under 3 hours of active bolus left, to drop while the basal will hold me there, hopefully? 🙄 Then, again I may still need a bit more basal than normal yet but, I’ll find that out later & will keep LR at 78 & go a bit higher than normal doses with bolus if need be as I’m not willing to go down the too much basal route again!😱

Hopefully get some much needed sleep now & rest if I can’t? A stream of z’s emoji!

Who would play the young me in a film I wonder....
Someone drop dead gorgeous, obvs. 🙂

lol Its a great movie. I really enjoyed it. The acting was great. Ray Liota is a well known mafia actor and plays a double role.
Ooer, Ray Liotta in Goodfellas, drool. Brilliant film too. 😉

Last edited:
@SueEK Sending (((HUGS))) and well wishes for some positive news at your next appointment and a much more gentle and considerate clinician. I can't begin to imagine how worried and frustrated you are. I hope the nurse gets back to you soon and is able to give you some hope that it can still resolve without further intervention or what other options are available if it doesn't. For me, it would help to have more info so that I could talk it through and have a plan in my mind. Is there any information on the forum/group you were involved with of other ladies in this post op situation? Really hope you are able to find some reassurance and some nice skirts in the meantime. Autumn is a lovely time of year for wearing long 3/4 length skirts with boots and big snuggly jumpers. Will be interested to see your purchases if you feel inclined to share.

Back