ended up eating a scotch egg chocolate & crisps before driving home
so was wondering how high my wake up BS would be today

I haven’t looked through all posts
but good to see your back reporting in on here @ColinUK
and your delivery of test strips arrive

Have a Great Day Everybody 🙂🙂

Last edited:
Good Morning
Well I’ve got a 7.1 this morning at 07:02.
Thought it might be lower as doubled insulin last night, (on instructions from DN). But let’s see how it develops over next few days as when we were cutting it it worked fairly quickly but at start when first found diabetes as a word BG only dropped slowly.
Have a good day.

7.2 today. Had a shirt drive in the car yesterday to Sainsbury’s, only bought a few light bits but was nice to get out on my own. Weird driving with a cushion in front of me covering my tummy but all in all went fine.
@freesia hope you get through your day ok xx
Have a good day.

Morning all. After a 7.5 miles walk ( Mr Eggy wore shorts, I didn’t and felt very hot) and half a portion of fish and chips yesterday. 6.7. That’ll do me.

Hair cut and colour today and then tash and eyebrow waxing. It’s all go!

Congrats @khskel on the HS yesterday.

Have a good day all. 🙂

6.7 today. Off to Bromley, 120 miles from Poole, I chickened out and decided to forget the EV, hired a Kia Sportage for a few days instead!

@fatbill - those are really high readings for extended periods of time, you need to get them down to single figures. Or maybe your readings are erroneous? Have you tried a different meter? Hope it comes down soon for you if they are accurate.

4.5 Why do A/L days go so quick but work days don't, have had a great week off but getting dark early so feel abit trapped in the evenings I'm not a big telly fan I just like being outside so might cost up some floodlights for garden so I can pretend it's always summer.

Morning all. :D 3.7 here.

I hope today goes quickly and your head is back on the pillow ASAP @freesia - nothing worse than being tired. Drive carefully!

Our badger visited us again last night and dug the same great big hole in one of my beds - they make such a mess o_O - so today’s a day for lots of chin rubbing and working out how to have a nice garden that’s also badger-friendly.

Good morning Thursday 7.0

had a challenging day at work yesterday
ended up eating a scotch egg chocolate & crisps before driving home
so was wondering how high my wake up BS would be today

I haven’t looked through all posts
but good to see your back reporting in on here @ColinUK
and your delivery of test strips arrive

Have a Great Day Everybody 🙂🙂
Do you know I’ve never had a scotch egg!

And thank you and everyone for welcoming me back, although I’d never really gone away. With everything that’s been going on I just didn’t have brain space for the diabetes stuff so cut back on testing and on control. Getting things back in order now is a hugely positive thing and it’s part of the healing process.

Morning all. :D 3.7 here.

I hope today goes quickly and your head is back on the pillow ASAP @freesia - nothing worse than being tired. Drive carefully!

Our badger visited us again last night and dug the same great big hole in one of my beds - they make such a mess o_O - so today’s a day for lots of chin rubbing and working out how to have a nice garden that’s also badger-friendly.
Have you tried things like scotch bonnet chilli peppers chopped and sprinkled near entrances?
Entrances the badger uses to get into the garden rather than any other kind of entrance! Citronella also is reported to work as is human male pee.
The folks had a badger set nearby and tried the chilli pepper thing and it worked but only once they’d used scotch bonnets so it must be something to do with the strength on the Scoville scale which matters.

6.7 today. Off to Bromley, 120 miles from Poole, I chickened out and decided to forget the EV, hired a Kia Sportage for a few days instead!

@fatbill - those are really high readings for extended periods of time, you need to get them down to single figures. Or maybe your readings are erroneous? Have you tried a different meter? Hope it comes down soon for you if they are accurate.
I’m sure the EV would have been fine. Which one do you have?

I’ve hired an e-Golf before and that was lovely to drive and I’ve booked myself an Model 3 for over Christmas.

Morning all. After a 7.5 miles walk ( Mr Eggy wore shorts, I didn’t and felt very hot) and half a portion of fish and chips yesterday. 6.7. That’ll do me.

Hair cut and colour today and then tash and eyebrow waxing. It’s all go!

Congrats @khskel on the HS yesterday.

Have a good day all. 🙂
Hark at you being all glam! You know you missed the Met Ball!

Q. What would you wear if you were to be invited?

7.3 this morning keeping under 8. I’m looking for low carb bread recipes any idea where I can find them. Will I need to get a bread maker as well? Have a great day
I don’t have a bread maker.
Google “low carb bread recipes” and there’s loads which come up. Also look at High Falutin’ Low Carb on YouTube as he tests recipes to determine which ones he finds the best.

I’m not a fan of cloud bread but am a fan of this recipe which is in the Low Carb Diabetes Cookbook…

Attachments

• 3DC031A3-ED20-4507-80EE-D3F3E504C407.jpeg
    3DC031A3-ED20-4507-80EE-D3F3E504C407.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 8467FAAA-93AD-4AE6-A4D8-88AD896F631B.png
    8467FAAA-93AD-4AE6-A4D8-88AD896F631B.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 5
  • CC236A29-5E63-4AD9-B50B-32A6126B1E7D.png
    CC236A29-5E63-4AD9-B50B-32A6126B1E7D.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 5
  • DE26D3D6-935F-479A-8628-00F822F7DD71.png
    DE26D3D6-935F-479A-8628-00F822F7DD71.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 5
  • CA6335FF-2FDD-4CD8-977A-2A0742E0B287.png
    CA6335FF-2FDD-4CD8-977A-2A0742E0B287.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 4
Morning

8.0 for me

Away to get on the phone to Abbott shortly and report my sensor
xx

It was 4.7 for this morning's reading. 🙂

Dez

08:46 BS 7.3 🙂

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

My sister is coming early today to play her piano in the conservatory & woke me up around 08:30 otherwise I’d have slept until later! o_O Ah well, will eat breakfast now as I wait for her arrival!🙄 We’re now maskless in our encounters & I actually sit next to her & my BIL in the armchairs so, that’s progress since the vaccines!🙂

A 5.1 for me at 06:08 on this very foggy West Berks morning

Back