Group 7-day waking average?

Never had a scotch egg. Mainly because I can't cope with egg white and am none too fond of sausage meat.

Prefer chocolate eclairs.
Not with choux pastry I know, but you might like this one… chocolate brownie wrapped around a cream egg

Attachments

• 5C644DDA-A02B-4085-970C-05EA582612F8.jpeg
    5C644DDA-A02B-4085-970C-05EA582612F8.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 3
A haggis covered egg works too, that’s a real Scotch egg! Yummy! PS I’m half Scots, I eat haggis every week.
Do you opt for wild or farmed haggis?

Sausages to me are a thing of beauty. But they must be Cumberland sausage, made in Cumbria. Had some Devon sausages on our holidays ( from a proper butcher too) and they fell to pieces! I didn’t know Jews didn’t eat pork, or is it just non kosher pork you don’t eat? My dearly departed Uncle Feroz was a Muslim and never ate pork obviously and I remember in the 70s my parents having a party and nibbles, we had to make sure we didn’t put out any Tudor gammon crisps which were all the rage back then. I somehow think they had never been within a mile of a pig!
We can’t eat pork at all. Or shellfish. Or mix milk and meat in one dish or even have milk after eating meat.
Animals have to have a split hoof and chew the cud, birds can’t be carrion birds and for some reason lost on me we can’t eat penguins (the birds). As for penguin biscuits we can’t have those either because they contain animal derived gelatine and that’s not going to be from kosher beef.

I’m not religious and don’t keep a kosher home but somethings just wouldn’t feel right to eat so I’ve never had prawns, anything porky (so no bacon or ham) and I avoid sausages unless I know what the casing is (because most are pig intestine).

Do love a cheeseburger though!

I’ve gone down a scotch egg internet hole…. Seems they were “invented” by Fortnum and Masons back in the 1700s to be portable sustenance for travellers.
Fortnums think they’re based on an Indian dish which was brought to England via the East India Company and in all likelihood they’re based on this…which sounds delicious.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/nargisi-kofta-lamb-and-egg-curry-1957573

Not with choux pastry I know, but you might like this one… chocolate brownie wrapped around a cream egg

It sounds fantastically edible. Could be a killing machine for diabetic sufferers!

We can’t eat pork at all. Or shellfish. Or mix milk and meat in one dish or even have milk after eating meat.
Animals have to have a split hoof and chew the cud, birds can’t be carrion birds and for some reason lost on me we can’t eat penguins (the birds). As for penguin biscuits we can’t have those either because they contain animal derived gelatine and that’s not going to be from kosher beef.

I’m not religious and don’t keep a kosher home but somethings just wouldn’t feel right to eat so I’ve never had prawns, anything porky (so no bacon or ham) and I avoid sausages unless I know what the casing is (because most are pig intestine).

I still remember Jack Rosenthal's TV play 'The Evacuees', and the scene where the 2 Jewish brothers were presented with sausages for their first meal intheir foster home....... Very moving.

Do you opt for wild or farmed haggis?

If wanting haggis they should be wild ones caught on the mountain peaks.
Wild Haggis have legs of different lengths, so they can run along the steep slopes. You get either right handed ones, where the right legs are longer so they go round the mountain anti-clockwise and Left handed haggis who travel clockwise round the mountain.
The way of catching these creatures is to lie in wait and as they scurry along the path, one jumps out in front of them so they panic, turn round and as the longer legs are on the wrong side they roll down the mountain into a net that ones colleague is holding.
The farmed variety have legs the same length so they can live on the flat farmers fields. But there is no fun catching these creatures and as they don’t roll down the mountains the flavour is not as good.

@DuncanLord I’d heard the movement of wild haggis described as “kilting” and that that’s what’s given us that word. Fascinating timorous wee beasties.

I’ve gone down a scotch egg internet hole…. Seems they were “invented” by Fortnum and Masons back in the 1700s to be portable sustenance for travellers.
Fortnums think they’re based on an Indian dish which was brought to England via the East India Company and in all likelihood they’re based on this…which sounds delicious.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/nargisi-kofta-lamb-and-egg-curry-1957573
Now that sounds delicious. I love all things spicy, especially Indian food.

Good morning everyone.

In bright spirits today. Wife was a bit better yestterday. Weight seems happy to stick at very close to my goal. My hospital visit gave me the all clear from something that was potentially a disaster. I feel well. BG is still ok at 4.8

And my recent experiments with cooking have gone really well (see pictures).

R0.jpg

Hmmm, I think I hear the creek of a trap door opening....Complete 1.jpgPlated 1.jpg

Good morning everyone.

In bright spirits today. Wife was a bit better yestterday. Weight seems happy to stick at very close to my goal. My hospital visit gave me the all clear from something that was potentially a disaster. I feel well. BG is still ok at 4.8

And my recent experiments with cooking have gone really well (see pictures).

View attachment 18571

Hmmm, I think I hear the creek of a trap door opening....View attachment 18572View attachment 18573
Whatever that last one is, get it in my mouth now! Looks yummy!!

I’m thinking some kind of cheese crusted omelette maybe?

My dad was a Catholic ( ex communicated as he had the gall to marry my Protestant mother) and wouldn’t allow us to eat meat on Good Friday. We always had to have fish. I don’t have a religious bone in my body but it took me years to shake that off. Even to this day, if we’re having fish it’s usually a Friday.

Good morning everyone 🙂 woke up at 5.2 today😎

Not been posting here recently due to mental health (there was a MH incident during friend meet-up and just been feeling awful ever since). Trying to keep busy atm.

Have a great day everyone 🙂

Not been posting here recently due to mental health (there was a MH incident during friend meet-up and just been feeling awful ever since). Trying to keep busy atm.

Congrats on the House Special!!

And as a fellow MH (I hate to use the word “sufferer”) experiencer I hope you’re getting the support you need.

Good morning a bit high with 8.2 this morning 😳
must get back on more healthy and lower carb eating

can’t believe it’s Friday already
I’m so looking forward to the weekend

have a great day everybody 😎

Morning all, I’m up early and recording 5.7.

Had a bad day yesterday, to go with the bad week, ie Covid ridden grandson, wrecked shoulder. One of Mr Eggy’s brothers sadly passed away yesterday. He was only 65 but had lived with MS for half of his life. He was housebound and reliant on constant care for a long time. He’d been in and out of hospital the last year with recurrent UTIs but ended up getting sepsis most probably introduced into his body by his feeding tube. He slipped into a coma and died peacefully yesterday with his sons by his side. It was a shock, but it wasn’t if you know what I mean. He lived in Solihull most of his adult life as he went to Birmingham University so we didn’t see much of him. They were half brothers so never lived together as children but he still feels very sad. Life is fragile folks, make the most of it. Hence why I’m up early, I was up at 6, mind buzzing. Don’t know when the funeral is yet, but another trip down south beckons soon.

Hope you all have a fab Friday.
It was a fab sunrise here earlier. Only lasted minutes, but managed to catch this over my garden wall, before it disappeared.

Attachments

• A236B85C-A1F7-4B70-A0FC-87756E2973C8.jpeg
    A236B85C-A1F7-4B70-A0FC-87756E2973C8.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 5

We’ll done on the HS. Hope things in your life improve.

My dad was a Catholic ( ex communicated as he had the gall to marry my Protestant mother) and wouldn’t allow us to eat meat on Good Friday. We always had to have fish. I don’t have a religious bone in my body but it took me years to shake that off. Even to this day, if we’re having fish it’s usually a Friday.
Random useless factoid of the day… In a generally Catholic area of Cincinnati a McDonalds franchisee was having real problems with a huge drop in sales on Fridays as footfall was low that day. He invented the Filet-O-Fish and put it on the menu and saw customer numbers rise again.
Not quite fish and loaves but almost!

Back