Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all, I’m up early and recording 5.7.

Had a bad day yesterday, to go with the bad week, ie Covid ridden grandson, wrecked shoulder. One of Mr Eggy’s brothers sadly passed away yesterday. He was only 65 but had lived with MS for half of his life. He was housebound and reliant on constant care for a long time. He’d been in and out of hospital the last year with recurrent UTIs but ended up getting sepsis most probably introduced into his body by his feeding tube. He slipped into a coma and died peacefully yesterday with his sons by his side. It was a shock, but it wasn’t if you know what I mean. He lived in Solihull most of his adult life as he went to Birmingham University so we didn’t see much of him. They were half brothers so never lived together as children but he still feels very sad. Life is fragile folks, make the most of it. Hence why I’m up early, I was up at 6, mind buzzing. Don’t know when the funeral is yet, but another trip down south beckons soon.

Hope you all have a fab Friday.
It was a fab sunrise here earlier. Only lasted minutes, but managed to catch this over my garden wall, before it disappeared.
I’m so sorry for your loss.

We have a saying “wish you long life” we offer to those in mourning and I offer that to you all.

May his memory be a blessing.

Lightbulb moment! Realised I’d put a pot of test strips into my travel bag way back when travel was a vague possibility and it was still there! Only 14 strips but it’ll tied me over until new ones arrive!

And 5.3 again.

8.1 today 😳 seems to be creeping up though don’t know why. Don’t feel I have any sort of infection (was given large dose of antibiotics by injection at the hospital Monday), who knows. Hubby's half sisters funeral today but we have been uninvited. Other brother in law and us were going to help pay for the funeral until we discovered the daughter had spent the money her mother had given her towards her funeral on going to Ibiza - disgusting behaviour. Therefore my hubby took the money out of the funeral fund so she’s not happy. What she doesn’t realise is that we would have paid any deficit so big mistake on her part.
@eggyg sorry to hear your sad news x
@Telemóveis congrats in your HS - hugs to you x
Have a good day all x

6.9 from me today. I heard Dr Mike Mosley on radio 4 last Sunday. Snack size amounts of exercise a day (3x 10 mins) helps control BS and helps the heart. It’s working for me. I’m doing exercise bike but stair climbing or brisk walks works as well. Have a good day

Morning

#A whopping 12.0 for me with absolutely no idea why :(

Having to use wipes to push down and pull up the waste rod on the bathroom sink (the plug mechanism) as we found out the bad way if it's to loose and you let the water out the sink it comes flooding out the back on to the floor, 9pm is not a good time to find this out! 😳 anyway it was tightened but it's a little bit too tight and has caused blisters on my thumb and fingers so the wipe gives it that little bit of padding

@SueEK I didn't really want to "like" your post due to the content but it was more a "I'm thinking of you" like xx

Another 8 for me this morning (8.5) and been there most of the night after a trip into double figures at bedtime.
Going to confess to a ready meal last night.... first since diagnosis. Had a hectic afternoon and evening and hadn't had chance to get anything to eat apart from a chunk of cheese and pickle until 10pm on way back from our driving club meeting. Takeaways were all closed and ended up at Tesco Express and then home to zap in the microwave. Needed a whopping 6 units which at that time of night was not ideal, but then needed another 2units 2hours later when I climbed into bed as levels started to rocket! Not the best night's sleep I have ever had that's for sure but levels were remarkably steady through the night, so sort of a success, but not one I want to repeat.

@Telemóveis Congrats on your House Special this morning but sorry to hear you had a mental struggle when you met up with friends. Be kind and patient with yourself and see what positives you can pull from the situation. Certainly a 5.2 suggests that you are doing pretty well managing your levels. Quite a few of us here struggle with mental health in various ways so we know how difficult it can be. We are here to support you as much as we can so stick with us.

@SueEK So sorry to hear that you have family upheaval. Weddings and funerals seem to bring out the best and worst in people and can be responsible for some desperately sad, long running family rifts that sometimes never heal. It has happened twice with weddings in my close family. Thankfully we seem to manage funerals better.

@eggyg Sorry to hear about your family loss too. Such sad times but that photo of the beautiful sunrise reminds us that there is always hope.

@ColinUK So great to see you back posting and supporting others with such uplifting comments. We have missed you and lovely to see you getting some really great readings too.

5.3 for me today. 🙂

Dez

P.S. This should have been posted hours ago. Which Silly Billy forgot to click the "Post reply" button? 😳

So sorry for your loss @eggyg

Well, well, well - didn’t think I’d be ringing this doorbell anytime soon but there ya go!

ps ignore the time as I don’t know how to set it to the correct one
C98DAD0E-DB30-4DB8-AA17-E8507F848B06.jpeg

Congratulations.

It's a bit like getting the right numbers in the lottery, so that's a great result. No millions though.

09:06 BS 8.2 Just about a 🙂 but, it’s creeping up a bit!🙄

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Oddball & late bloomer that I am for most things in my life, I’m slowly working my way through watching the James Bond films one by one more or less from the beginning: apparently last winter after the passing of Sean Connery they were all available to watch for free on youtube & lots of nostalgic people watched them then; now no longer on youtube & it’s a bit more of a search to find each one to watch for free with loads of ads interspersed, of course!

I was watching an episode of Talking Pictures on BBC iPlayer about the icons of 60’s cinema & amongst the stars of Sean Connery, Michael Caine & Julie Christie surprisingly George Lazenby also came up as “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service” has aged very well, compared to other Bond films, & has acquired a bit of a cult following as “the emotional Bond film”! And that gave me a hunkering to see that film again: only saw it once; didn’t remember any details except the last scene of him finding his newly married wife shot dead!

So, I started off with that Bond film which was indeed rather good, aged well & there’s even a little cameo of a very young Joanna Lumley in it! And that made me wonder how the other Bond films have aged as well. But, first a search on Wikipedia for the chronology of the films & found out that Goldfinger, not that surprising I suppose, is the most popular one of all!

So, I’ve now watched Dr. No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger & Thunderball. Going to watch You Only Live Twice next! It’s like looking back at another world of now old technology given to Bond by Q & VERY un PC where women are concerned. That reminds me of a rather intriguing fact about the very first Bond I saw as a young child of 6/7 years old & therefore my favourite, never forgot my first Bond, The Spy Who Loved Me in that the submarine car has STILL not been done yet as of now in the 21st century: everything else has been; did you know that A View to a Kill was seen by a government minister who thought that facial recognition was a great idea for passports, didn’t exist at the time, & set about doing just that! 😎

09:06 BS 8.2 Just about a 🙂 but, it’s creeping up a bit!🙄

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Oddball & late bloomer that I am for most things in my life, I’m slowly working my way through watching the James Bond films one by one more or less from the beginning: apparently last winter after the passing of Sean Connery they were all available to watch for free on youtube & lots of nostalgic people watched them then; now no longer on youtube & it’s a bit more of a search to find each one to watch for free with loads of ads interspersed, of course!

I was watching an episode of Talking Pictures on BBC iPlayer about the icons of 60’s cinema & amongst the stars of Sean Connery, Michael Caine & Julie Christie surprisingly George Lazenby also came up as “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service” has aged very well, compared to other Bond films, & has acquired a bit of a cult following as “the emotional Bond film”! And that gave me a hunkering to see that film again: only saw it once; didn’t remember any details except the last scene of him finding his newly married wife shot dead!

So, I started off with that Bond film which was indeed rather good, aged well & there’s even a little cameo of a very young Joanna Lumley in it! And that made me wonder how the other Bond films have aged as well. But, first a search on Wikipedia for the chronology of the films & found out that Goldfinger, not that surprising I suppose, is the most popular one of all!

So, I’ve now watched Dr. No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger & Thunderball. Going to watch You Only Live Twice next! It’s like looking back at another world of now old technology given to Bond by Q & VERY un PC where women are concerned. That reminds me of a rather intriguing fact about the very first Bond I saw as a young child of 6/7 years old & therefore my favourite, never forgot my first Bond, The Spy Who Loved Me in that the submarine car has STILL not been done yet as of now in the 21st century: everything else has been; did you know that A View to a Kill was seen by a government minister who thought that facial recognition was a great idea for passports, didn’t exist at the time, & set about doing just that! 😎
It’s really rather interesting watching them in chronological order.
OHMSS is a complete game changer but the producers basically eradicated it from the canon in later films. They started by getting SC back in Diamonds are Forever and playing up the usual Bond schtick of gadgets, puns and no notion of consent.
Also from OHMSS the whole franchise found themselves chasing box office as other action movies raised the bar.
Compare the action in OHMSS with the dire car chases in Diamonds are Forever and the dabbling with Blacksploitation (sp?) in Live and Let Die.
Can’t recall which film Bond does this in but he even gives up his PPK and swaps it for the same gun Dirty Harry used.
Later films have been totally beaten at the box office by Mission Impossible until Daniel Craig came along and they injected vulnerability and emotion back into the character. They even gave him a “Tracey” in the form of Vesper.
Curious to see the new one in the cinema of course because there’s still something about seeing Bond on the big screen which taps into so many memories.

I’ve been lucky enough to attend a number of Bond Premieres over the years and I was in Skyfall (uncredited and basically cut out other than glimpsing my ear but still very nicely paid!) so it’s always going to be a must see!

Oh and I’ve driven a DB5 but never seduced any sexy female spies!

Congrats to @Molly M and @Telemóveis on the HSs. Best wishes to everyone who is struggling with problems, family losses or ill health.

A 5.6 for me at 05:49 this morning

Back