Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all just and it was a 5.2 for me.

Fine day for some outside jobs.

Have a good day everyone.

Well done on that magical House Special.

Bloden is a girl’s name LOL! :D
As for men showing their knees, my hubby agrees (poetry!) - he wouldn’t be seen dead in shorts, not even when it’s hot. Don’t know where he gets some of his opinions from. o_O😛
I’m wearing shorts today!

Thanks for that @Maca44 - I need cheering up! :D

Morning all.😛 9.4 here.

Oo, the sun’s shining, so I’ll risk shorts for this morning’s walk. I live life on the edge, me.😉😎

A bit of freedom @SueEK, yippee!
Your welcome

Just to let you all know, the hospital appointment went really well and the thing I had been quickly referred for had completely gone !!!!

Oddly I wanted another GP appointment to address my Bradycardia which seems to be rapidly getting worse. No appointments can be made because they are all out on training AND no advance appointments are allowed. What a silly system.

I walked back home to the town and down the sea side...2 hours and 51 minutes. I am a bit tired and achy now. Feel good though.

Just had 1/8 home made pizza, home made fruit jelly and an Eclair !!! What a pig. Hmm celebrating actually.

Just come off the phone to the DN.
they have viewed my data from the DiabetesM app and have doubled my insulin to 2 units AM and PM.
They have also organised a meeting between the nurses dietitian and myself to look at food needed.
Think that will be in October but have to wait for letter.

@Gwynn glad to hear some good news, worth celebrating x

How about for a bit of fun if people who test in the mornings post their waking levels? I think it would be interesting to see what the average works out at after a week 🙂

I'll start with mine - I was 6.0 when I woke up this morning 🙂

(please don't let me be the only person to enter one! 😉)
Oops..just seen the post.

15.9 straight out of bed. Been like this for 3 months or more.
Around 25 going to bed, and around 15 getting up.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Your numbers do seem rather high, have you recently been diagnosed? Are you on medication? Most of us T2s try and control our bg’s by diet and exercise (not that I personally do a lot of that). Have you been told about the importance of reducing carbs and refined sugars. Sorry for all the questions. If you feel you need help diet wise it might be a put a post on the newbies section as you will get a good response there. Sue

Hi and welcome to the thread.

Those are unpleasantly high readings to be getting on a regular basis over a prolonger period and must be making you feel pretty rough!

I have just looked through your other posts and the various changes in medication you have had. Are you still on Sitagliptin and have you made any changes to your diet over the years? Type 2 diabetes medication needs to be used in conjunction with lifestyle changes to be most effective and help prevent the condition from becoming progressive. Losing weight, becoming more active (a brisk daily walk is ideal if you are able) and reducing carbohydrate intake (ie sugar, cakes, biscuits and sweets BUT ALSO bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, breakfast cereals, pastry etc and even the type and quantity of fruit) are the key factors in managing BG levels.
What sort of things do you typically eat in a day? That may have a bigger impact than any oral medication you do or don't take. Self testing is also really helpful in seeing which foods cause you the most BG turmoil and using that information to tailor your diet to improve your diabetes management. Testing before food and then 2 hours afterwards will show you how that food impacted your levels and enable you to make educated choices about which foods to avoid and which to reduce the portion size or frequency of it appearing on your menu.
We can make suggestions of tasty swaps and alternatives if you are consuming particularly high carb foods on a regular basis. Changing your diet can be an incredibly powerful tool in managing your diabetes and it doesn't have to be all "sack cloth and ashes". For instance a full English breakfast (minus the toast/fried bread) is much lower carb than a bowl of breakfast cereal. If you fancy something lighter, many of us have creamy natural Greek yoghurt with a few berries, seeds and chopped nuts added, or eggs however yopu like them but go steady on the bread toast with them. I often enjoy a 2-3 egg omelette with a whole variety of fillings usually including cheese served with a salad and a big dollop of coleslaw.

Anyway, just something to think about if you haven't made any adjustments to your diet or perhaps just cut out a bit of sweet stuff.

Looks like I'm first up this morning. Discussing with myself whether to go out for a walk this morning or not. Feeling lazy after yesterdays huge effort. Walked for england. Ate for England. Weight this morning, exactly the same as yesterday morning!!! I thought it might have risen a bit. Hmmm interesting.

BG 5.5

Nothing planned for today, oh, yes there is, the dreadful, supermarket shopping trip.

Talking of which, recently they overhauled our local Sainsburys. Loads more stuff to choose from. Sadly the night before last night, someone or some people smashed their way in and robbed the place of quite a lot of stock at least.The staff all looked quite shocked and were very withdrawn. Sad times.

5.3 this morning and now out of test strips. There’s apparently been a pot winging its way to me for four days but it’s not been delivered yet.

Back