Group 7-day waking average?

Just thought I’d share this. Just got a call from my health centre about my cholesterol results & there’s good & bad after my regular eating of full fat Greek yoghurt & increase in medication the last 2 months & 4 months respectively. My triglycerides have dropped from mid mid 7’s to mid 3’s but, the overall has only decreased by 0,2 from 5.7 to 5.5 in the 4 months since increased statins. I have a phone appointment tomorrow from GP, with no specific time & just told to expect it, about Liver function, diabetes & cholesterol. The nurse today said that the yoghurt has a definite impact on cholesterol & suggested maybe a change to low fat or fat free greek yoghurt. Will discuss that with GP tomorrow as it’s also made a noticeable, to me, impact on digestion, BS & insulin.

I don't use that. I have the one which came with my CodeFreeSD.
And suggestions on needle grade please!
I think Bruce's comment was more along the lines of you won't find one better than the Accu-Chek FastClix, it's the best I've come across and many of the forum members agree and self fund the lancets it's that good xx

Not great news. Not fully healed, a leak so still have catheter. Another trip to London in 2 weeks. Am fed up I can’t deny. Will be brighter tomorrow no doubt x

Not great news. Not fully healed, a leak so still have catheter. Another trip to London in 2 weeks. Am fed up I can’t deny. Will be brighter tomorrow no doubt x
Oh, b*****, Sue, that's not what you needed. Big hugs. Stay strong!

Hopefully they can sort things out for you and you get brighter days leading to brighter weeks and brighter months etc.

I don't use that. I have the one which came with my CodeFreeSD.
And suggestions on needle grade please!
The device which came with my CodeFree SD, I don't ever remember using. I have a box of MyLife lancets which must have been prescribed by my GP which are not the ones that fit the Codefree. They are 30g 0.3mm and I just hold it between my fingers and just gently stab, never have any problems getting a blood drop. There is no possibility of stabbing too far as the needle bit is very short.

Sorry to hear your news @SueEK Hopefully they'll get you sorted soon

The device which came with my CodeFree SD, I don't ever remember using. I have a box of MyLife lancets which must have been prescribed by my GP which are not the ones that fit the Codefree. They are 30g 0.3mm and I just hold it between my fingers and just gently stab, never have any problems getting a blood drop. There is no possibility of stabbing too far as the needle bit is very short.
Might be time to switch the CodeFree for an AccuChek monitor as it saves typing things into MySugr - and I like the idea of the AccuChek Mobile with the built in test strips and lancets so it's all in one device and you don't have to fiddle with anything.... but I'll see.

I think Bruce's comment was more along the lines of you won't find one better than the Accu-Chek FastClix, it's the best I've come across and many of the forum members agree and self fund the lancets it's that good xx
That is what I meant, of course.

Having said that there is a really expensive one (£50 odd) with some kind of suction device to help get the blood out. I don't remember the name, but someone on this forum was interested in it and there was a (very short since nobody's actually seen one) thread on it.

That is what I meant, of course.

Having said that there is a really expensive one (£50 odd) with some kind of suction device to help get the blood out. I don't remember the name, but someone on this forum was interested in it and there was a (very short since nobody's actually seen one) thread on it.
That would be the Genteel, they are American and can apparently be used anywhere on the body xx

That's a beast! And somewhat over engineered for my needs I think!

5.3 for me this morning - forgot to add it earlier

@rebrascora @Bloden
Thank you for your replies to my post. BG is as you say only controlled at present with decreasing carbs and food and or exercise.
Weight is coming down fairly well, started in May at about 17.5 stones. Now down to about 15 stones. Sometimes it shows just into the 14’s. BMI still goes red and refers to me as a fat. ……… but they can’t have it all ways.
Tried to phone DN but could not get through.
Last night After dinner 11.6
Before Bed at 23:30. 8.5.
Waking today 07:50. 7.0
7:59. 1 unit Humulin M3
07:20. Breakfast. 30g porridge oats. Cup black coffee. 17 carbs. 111 cal
13:28. BG. 5.6
Lunch. 2 Toast. 2 eggs. Cup black coffee. 46 carbs. 438 cal
17:38. BG. 8.6
17:40. 1 unit Humulin M3
18:00. Dinner. 2 pork sausage. 100g mash potato. 200g Spinach. Apple. Cup black coffee 60 carbs and 586 calories
20:12. BG 12.6

Hopefully the Diabetes team will answer phone tomorrow. As I hate the figures being high. The other problem is that I don’t want the consultant to tell DVLA it’s not fully under control. But how long that will take ……… They haven’t yet opened post from mid July let alone followed it up.

Just tested myself before bed, after my evening meal which is usually carby and I seem to go up to 10 or 11 before bed usually.

It was 4.6! Realised I'm probably not having a bad anxiety evening but it's a low blood sugar response. Lowest ever reading, and I know it's technically healthy I decided to have a slice of toast with peanut butter to try and get it up again. Was worried about it dropping further overnight - if it did, would it wake me? So many unknowns!

Back