Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all and snap @goodybags 5.7 for me too.

Not much going on today, a walk to the pharmacy for some needles I ordered before I went away, I’m down to my last half dozen! Two of the farmers’ children are coming after school whilst mum and dad go for an interview about a tenancy for another farm. Fingers crossed they get this one. They come up so rarely and the couple they’ve previously been in for have been given to non locals which is a shame, it’s all about the money though. It’s nearer to us but means the kids will need to change schools which is a shame, but it’s bigger and that’s what they need.

Good luck at the hospital @SueEK. Sounds like a good day @Robin.🙂

Have a Happy Monday everyone.

5.3 on the Libre when I woke up and an horizontal arrow, 12mins later it was 6.3 with a diagonal upwards arrow and I hadn't even put my foot on the floor at that point! Jabbed 1.5u Fiasp to deal with the rise... FOTF has been absent recently. Not overly impressed to see it is back.
I am out of yoghurt this morning and a few other essentials that the village shop doesn't stock like blue Stilton and double cream, as just had the last of my cream in my morning coffee. The shop only has Elmlea and I am not having that manufactured rubbish, so a trip to the supermarket is on the cards for today. I must give the shop their due though, they do stock other staples like pork scratchings and olives with feta as well as milk of course and a really nice black pudding, so I am not in any way knocking it. The people who run it have mad it a hub of the community and they have provided a safe environment to shop during the pandemic and delivered to elderly people who couldn't get out. We are lucky to have such an amenity in the village. Just wish they sold real cream and blue cheese! (sigh)

@SueEK Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you today, for a positive report on your post surgery examination. Hope you have a smooth, seamless journey up to the city and back.

@stckingcups Don't despair! It will come down when you get the right dose but it may be that you need another increase or two this week still. I can assure you that getting these slight disappointments is better than dropping into a massive hypo. Slow and steady with the increases will pay off in the end. That dip to 7 tells you, you are getting close to the tipping point.

6.9 this morning at 7:45. Bit of a grey Monday morning out there, no rain so far here in Poole.

BG5.6 at 07.50. Got an online appointment with rheumatology consultant - had to buy a webcam and microphone. Got it set up. Called daughter - nice to see her new house and family - but who is that old trout blethering away in the corner of the screen? Think I'll stick to the phone for most purposes.

Morning

6.7 for me today after a shocking 14.7 at tea time last night, why? -
Screenshot_20210912-184429_Gallery.jpg
Because I had to go out for my 2nd vaccine and the stress and anxiety was a bit too much but that's it done

@SueEK good luck today, I'll be thinking of you
xx

Catching up after the weekend. A 5.9 at 06:13 on Saturday, a repeat 5.9 at 05:31 on Sunday and a 5.8 at 05:31 this morning. Grey and overcast in West Berks.

Belated congratulations to @eggyg for the weekend HS and congratulations to @Fagor on today's reading

I have a glut of damsons and apples in the orchard. I made 11 jars of Damson Jam a couple of weeks ago off the first tree to ripen and made another 6lbs of Damson Jam yesterday from the second tree as well as a cinnamon spiced damson and almond crumble for the family dessert after Sunday dinner (Roast Lamb, buttered white cabbage, braised red cabbage and runner beans). I've barely made a dent on the damsons! I also made a batch of lemon and mustard seed chutney that goes really well with oily fish.

Oh dear,dear, dear! o_O It seems that my BS has been stuck in the teens since about 3pm yesterday & I’m injecting water! Being that high for so long I’ve been VERY sleepy which dose not help my fuzzy think but, finally with a new box of LR opened for 38 units, as the last pen from the current box only had 40 left, at 6am this morning I FINALLY figured it out! The LR wasn’t working & I stayed in the 11’s & 12’s in between meals despite copious NR corrections & went up to 14 & 15’s 2 hours after eating! I kept dozing off after eating, actually dozy the whole day, waking & being disappointed by 11-12 after active NR, bung in more NR & my BS remaining virtually the same!

Slept intermittently last night as I’ve been correcting since my last meal around 16:40 yesterday! 😱 But, since 6am LR DID actually bunged my BS down a bit thanks to the 38 units from.the new pen from the new box, I think, I just bunged in another 40 units of LR again & will test more often & see what happens?🙄 JB’s at the ready!😱

Yesterday’s readings:- before eating 12:36 BS 7.8, after eating 15:18 BS 12.0 & NR correction can’t remember but usual correction factor, after correction 16:21 BS 12.0 same NR correction I think, 19:06 BS 11.7 WHAT! no movement AGAIN was an hour late for LR & bunged it in as well still from the old pen! Was hungry so, ate dinner as well. After eating 22:32 BS 14.7 & NR correction to wake 06:30 BS 13.6 with some old pen & some new pen LR. Just now 09:13 BS 11.1 that’s a noticeable difference & the penny drops! 😳

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

My nose is still a bit sniffy, a bit of phlegm but, throat is not hoarse anymore! :confused: for a so so smile!

PS:- I’ve mentioned hearing phantom doorbells ringing on the cusp of sleep/waking before: heard them all day yesterday sleeping & waking so much; just hurriedly rushed to the front door AGAIN upon waking just now before posting! o_O AND a Great Big Heart pulsing very fast for the sudden jump to my heart rate for each dash there & back! 😱 How do I know if it’s REALLY the doorbell or not: missed things sometimes, in the past, if ignored; the electrical company reading the meter etc etc! So, I check if it’s a reasonable time from the morning on: obviously NOT at silly o’ clock through the night!🙄

How do I know if it’s REALLY the doorbell or not
Would it help if you bought a bell that played a song/tune rather than just a standard ding dong? (sorry you may already have one but was just a thought) xx

Actually have tried different ones in the past but, it’s psychological & comes out more with stress: whatever my current doorbell IS is what I hear on the cusp of sleep/waking! 🙄
Sorry xx

6CC24E77-00B3-4B74-944B-18F57DAF8136.jpegApparently I’m having a ‘procedure’ - deep joy. Oh well best get on with it. 3.5 hours travelling but I’m in early. Update later, my life is so exciting!!

View attachment 18545Apparently I’m having a ‘procedure’ - deep joy. Oh well best get on with it. 3.5 hours travelling but I’m in early. Update later, my life is so exciting!!
Blooming Heck Sue! Did they tell you that it might be more than a check up/exam. Not nice having something like that sprung on you but then may be better than having the opportunity to worry about it before hand.
Good luck. Hope it goes well. You know you are in good hands there.
Let us know how you are later please. Sending (((HUGS)))

Actually have tried different ones in the past but, it’s psychological & comes out more with stress: whatever my current doorbell IS is what I hear on the cusp of sleep/waking! 🙄
My friends laugh at my doorbell. It's a really loud cuckoo sound. And there's zero chance of hearing a cuckoo here naturally.

One of my periodic morning checks this morning.
Really want a better lancing device though… suggestions welcome!

Back