Group 7-day waking average?

Just back from blood test: only 5 minutes late so, practically “on time”; fish & chips in the oven now & tucking in at 10:40! 😛 BS only went up to 11.5: have had higher when the treatment room have been later; 13.5 by midday was the highest!🙄

Frozen pollack in breadcrumbs & oven chips not quite as nice as from the chippy but, maybe a bit easier on the BS? 😉

Sorry put my comment in the wrong place.
Somebody used to put something sticky and tasty on her dog's paws and face to distract them as they spent time licking it off when it was bonfire night. I don't know if that would work for thunder.
Thanks for the idea, unfortunately my dog won’t eat, drink or even play with bubbles which is her favourite thing ever. She’s just frozen with fear. She also has ear muffs and thunder hood.

Morning all and it was s 6.2 for me this morning although not sure of the accuracy of that as the sensor was just about hanging onto my arm after a brush with a door frame I was sanding and painting. Never mind it only had s day to.go

Have a good day everyone

Just back from blood test: only 5 minutes late so, practically “on time”; fish & chips in the oven now & tucking in at 10:40! 😛 BS only went up to 11.5: have had higher when the treatment room have been later; 13.5 by midday was the highest!🙄

Frozen pollack in breadcrumbs & oven chips not quite as nice as from the chippy but, maybe a bit easier on the BS? 😉
@Lanny My tasty treat last night at 6:37 was 6.3 before, and two hours later at 8:42 it was 8.9 so not too bad!

4.8 for me but that was as a result of a 1 unit Fiasp correction earlier to bring me down from 8.1. My Libre graph showed another porpoise skimming just under my upper limit all night. Disappointing as I left my basal insulin the same as the previous day and whilst I didn't go for a run yesterday, I worked hard in the hot afternoon sun filling a trailer with horse manure and then delivering and emptying it. Just shows those big leg muscles are so much more effective at soaking up glucose overnight than other parts of the body.

Really interested by your overnight graph @Northerner. Did you sleep really soundly? Had you been particularly active yesterday or do you think that it may have just been a compression low from lying on it. Curious to know if you had the JBs just as an automatic reaction to the low readings or to try to keep your Libre stats looking good (I can be guilty of this) or to be seen to be following the "diabetic rules" or some other reason. I ask because I had a spell of nocturnal hypos about a year ago when I wasn't using any evening Levemir, so just the tail end of the morning dose active and these thoughts revolved around my brain... ie was I too keen to keep my Libre stats looking good and did I really need to be eating JBs in the middle of the night when it might be a "normal" sub 4 drop or was I eating them so that if questioned about it by my consultant I couldn't be criticised for not treating it. If I wasn't on Libre, would I even know.... Do none diabetic people wake up in the night when their levels drop a bit low, but of course are totally oblivious to it.... ie is it part of the body's checks and balances to help bring you back up naturally or do we as diabetics become more conscious of our levels and wake up because we have conditioned ourselves to wake up when our levels drop low..... OR.... maybe I have too much time to ponder such things! The psychology of diabetes fascinates me though and it is a big aspect of dealing with diabetes log term, so hopefully not totally unreasonable thoughts!

@adrian1der Congratulations yet again. I find it dumbfounding that your wife and son would stop at MacDonalds when they have such fantastic offerings at home. I guess young people just don't know a good thing when they have it. Good on you for going ahead with the planned meal and cooking for one!

@adrian1der Congratulations yet again. I find it dumbfounding that your wife and son would stop at MacDonalds when they have such fantastic offerings at home. I guess young people just don't know a good thing when they have it. Good on you for going ahead with the planned meal and cooking for one!
He doesn't go very often so I said he could as a "last day of the holiday" treat.

, I worked hard in the hot afternoon sun filling a trailer with horse manure and then delivering and emptying it. Just shows those big leg muscles are so much more effective at soaking up glucose overnight than other parts of the body.
I've been looking at the effect of exercise of different parts of the body. I find that the big muscles in the back also seem to be very good at slurping up the syrup.

I've been looking at the effect of exercise of different parts of the body. I find that the big muscles in the back also seem to be very good at slurping up the syrup.
Didn't work nearly as well for me forking manure yesterday (and my back is pretty stiff today, so I definitely worked it) as running the day before. I do have very muscly, stocky legs though, so I think the large muscle mass counts for more in my case. Or maybe I need to build my back muscles up more in order for them to be as effective.

Just had my eye test at an opticians.

I used to go to spec savers. This morning I tried to get my old prescription from them but they made a real fuss over it and couldn't produce it before my appointment at Boots.

What a difference though. So much better. Seemed to be much more detailed too. I have now got a referal to the NHS to have 'deeper' investigations. Mainly to do with cateracts i think, but there was something else a bit more worrying than that, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Still the field test was good.

So now I wait for an NHS appointment at a local hospital.

Just had my eye test at an opticians.

I used to go to spec savers. This morning I tried to get my old prescription from them but they made a real fuss over it and couldn't produce it before my appointment at Boots.

What a difference though. So much better. Seemed to be much more detailed too. I have now got a referal to the NHS to have 'deeper' investigations. Mainly to do with cateracts i think, but there was something else a bit more worrying than that, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Still the field test was good.

So now I wait for an NHS appointment at a local hospital.
It varies I am afraid from branch to branch. The last time I went to Boots many years ago, I told them my around £ 500 specs were not right the minute I put them on. I was told to try for a month, I went back in a week they then had to retest and change.

It varies I am afraid from branch to branch. The last time I went to Boots many years ago, I told them my around £ 500 specs were not right the minute I put them on. I was told to try for a month, I went back in a week they then had to retest and change.
Opticians do seem to be a bit pot luck as to whether they are good or not, we have had bad experiences with a number of different ones, D & A, Specsavers, Costco and Boots. But now stick with a independent one who have up to now been excellent.
I think it is sometimes the specific make of lenses as they do seem to differ so if you are used to one then something else may be different.
I dread to think how much I have spent on glasses over the years since starting to wear them at 11 years old. It seems the less frame you have the more they cost.

04:14 BS 6.7 🙂

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Just had breakfast & will have pills, inhalers & LR pretty soon. SO relieved to be able to eat breakfast this morning! 🙄 I have gone from not eating breakfast with high BS in the mornings due to eating lunch as my first meal of the day hours after waking to eating breakfast nearly always every day & generally better BS in the mornings that makes it MUCH easier to stay in range the whole day!🙂 Only been eating breakfast since 2015 & when I joined this forum in 2018 I was still having a bit of trouble in eating breakfast every day but, I stuck with it & it’s become normal for me now!🙄

Good morning all. BG 5.6 this morning.

Wow it is so dark out there right now

Morning all. Joining the early risers with a 6.7 today. Which is a miracle as I’ve just realised I didn’t inject my Levemir last night, nor take a BG reading. 😱 I must have just taken myself off to bed without a thought! It isn’t something I make a habit of and have no idea why. Let’s see how today pans out.

Off home today. We’ve had a great 16 days away but we’re both ready for the comforts of our own bed, and the dishwasher, and the four slice toaster, and the power shower! Wonder how big the courgettes are?🙄

See you all tomorrow, have a great day. 🙂

Morning everyone. 6.7 for me today. Very glad its Friday!
@eggyg have a good safe journey back.

Back