Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 6 today. Expecting storms here in Torbay, not looking like it at the moment though. Scorching yesterday and had a lovely relaxing beach day. Miles walked….one! That’s the least we’ve done since we left home two weeks ago. I totted it all up and we’ve walked 83 miles! Most of those up and down hills/steps. No wonder I was nodding off during my favourite programme last night. A House Through Time, or was it the soothing tones of David Olusoga? I love it, it was that programme that inspired us to visit Bristol.

A drive into Brixham today, armed with raincoats, for lunch and a mooch about.

Have a great day, I believe it’s still hot up north according to my family. 27 degrees forecast back home! 😎

Attachments

• 3E02B880-094B-4166-AD8C-836DDCC8E542.jpeg
    3E02B880-094B-4166-AD8C-836DDCC8E542.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Good morning 🙂 at 7:51am it was 14.5 for me - 2.5 units humalog correction done and 16.0 units of tresiba.

23:10pm bedtime 9.5 - didn't have any biscuits but had some tuna and mayo

19:14pm before tea 10.3 - 41g of carbs - 4.0 units of humalog for food and 1.5 units of humalog correction

A 5.8 for me at 06:11 this morning after a lovely evening in the garden. BBQ and a large jug of Pimms and (Diet) Lemonade with lots of ice was a perfect way to relax on a beautiful evening

@adrian1der I do love your style! You really seem to have cracked the whole concept of living well with diabetes!

@adrian1der I do love your style! You really seem to have cracked the whole concept of living well with diabetes!
When I read of what you T1's have to go through I'm happy to be a T2. I cut down carbs, lost some weight and upped my exercise and feel better than I have done in years. Like everyone I was devastated when I was diagnosed but looking back it was probably one the best things that has happened to me as it gave me the impetus to sort myself out.

I did smoky pastrami burgers last night with a huge bowl of homemade coleslaw. OK, my family had burgers in ciabatta rolls and I didn't have any bread but no great loss really as the burger and the slaw where the tasty bits. Mind you, slicing radishes on a mandolin for the slaw was a bit scary 🙂

@adrian1der I hope my post didn't in any way look like I was suggesting you had it easy because I am in total awe of your achievements. It is so impressive and inspirational how you have gone about tackling your diabetes from all angles not just on a practical level but with total panache! You really have smashed it! I can't begin to imagine the level of planning and effort that you have put into it, but just wanted to say you are my hero!.... Rather wish you were also my neighbour, but not sure how well it would go down if I invited myself round for dinner every night!

When I read of what you T1's have to go through I'm happy to be a T2. I cut down carbs, lost some weight and upped my exercise and feel better than I have done in years. Like everyone I was devastated when I was diagnosed but looking back it was probably one the best things that has happened to me as it gave me the impetus to sort myself out.

I did smoky pastrami burgers last night with a huge bowl of homemade coleslaw. OK, my family had burgers in ciabatta rolls and I didn't have any bread but no great loss really as the burger and the slaw where the tasty bits. Mind you, slicing radishes on a mandolin for the slaw was a bit scary 🙂
I can very much relate to this. As an ex food abuser, T2 and the doctor intervention has given me the wake up I needed and now I am in better shape than for years. It seems counter-intuitive, but T2 diagnosis has probably given me a longer life. I believe that I likely have better control of BG than many who would not be considered T2 but are not considerate of what they consume.

I can very much relate to this. As an ex food abuser, T2 and the doctor intervention has given me the wake up I needed and now I am in better shape than for years. It seems counter-intuitive, but T2 diagnosis has probably given me a longer life. I believe that I likely have better control of BG than many who would not be considered T2 but are not considerate of what they consume.
I am Type 1 but the same applies to me. I needed the "boot up the backside" that my diagnosis gave me and I am actually quite grateful that I was initially misdiagnosed as Type 2, because learning to eat low carb has helped me to control my disordered eating and I too feel that it has added years to my life expectancy rather than reducing it. I can also say, that I would never have succeeded in getting to where I am today, if it hadn't been for this forum and the kind people who contribute to it.

6.2 today. Washing machine threw out loads of gunk yesterday all over my cream throw, hubby has had it to bits, everything all over the floor and took hours, am nervous about putting it on this morning with a cleaner, wish me luck.
Have a good day all xx
Ever since putting a special dishwasher cleaner through the machine, it sounds as if it is going to take off, it was never noisy before, I wish we hadn't bothered.
Hope you have success with the washing machine.

Ever since putting a special dishwasher cleaner through the machine, it sounds as if it is going to take off, it was never noisy before, I wish we hadn't bothered.
Hope you have success with the washing machine.
Thanks, put a cleaner from Sainsbury’s through this morning and all is well, it even got the marks off my throw which I am surprised but really pleased about. Lesson learnt, will do this every month from now on

I can also say, that I would never have succeeded in getting to where I am today, if it hadn't been for this forum and the kind people who contribute to it.
A feeling I strongly share with you.

4 for me. Been pretty low all day. Full day with the kids. Nightmare class - not the one I expected it to be. They won’t make that mistake again. I’m putting it down to 1st meeting.

Weather way to hot but seems to be a bit cooler now thankfully.

Good morning 🙂 5.9 for me today, but that was after 2 jelly babies at 2 am - not quite sure what happened here 😱 Note: for those who don't know, I don't use basal insulin, so this sort of thing does not worry me - probably a squashed sensor or simply a natural fall below the 3.9 lower limit I am able to set on the Libre.

IMG_1280.JPG

06:00 BS 7.6 with about 2.5 hours of DP. It’s ok ish as DP will probably rise until 11/12:00 after my fasting cholesterol blood test this morning! I HATE fasting overnight: been lying awake since about 03:30 after call of nature & slowly getting hungry; sometimes when I’m up really early, 2 to 3 am, I’ve eaten twice before midday & I have to wait today! :(

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

I’d better stop now before Grumpy & Starving Little Miss Piggy shows up! 😳😱🙄:D😉

I’m day dreaming of fish & chips after my blood test IF it done near enough midday when the chippy opens! I’m HUNGRY! 🙄😛:D😉

Good morning. 6.3 for me.

I didn't sleep well last night, i've woken this morning feeling tired, stressed and wanting to cry. I reduced basal again last night by another half unit so will see what the next few days bring as i've gone from being able to head off hypos to having 5 in the last 7 days. Last night i got stuck at work after finishing for an hour and a half with a stubborn hypo then not able to drive. I hope today goes quickly.

Have a good day everyone. Its supposed to be a bit cooler today

Good morning to you all. Up late for me. Raining out there but I think it will stop before I go out for my morning walk.

Just discovered Panko Prawn Croqettes yesterday. Really good. Not carby. Very filling and tasty.

BG 5.0 on the nose

Diabetic eye test at 11 this morning.

5.1. Had a bad night with low levels and chomping jelly babies. Feel exhausted now. Would quite like to stay in bed but best go to work.
Hope everyone had a good day. Hopefully it’ll be cooler !

Morning all. :D 7.9 here.

Ooer, David Olusoga, drooling emoji. 😉 I was lucky enough to see him at a book festival talking about the programme Civilizations. I had no idea who he was cos I hadn’t seen the programme but liked him cos he didn’t come across as a big show off (like Simon Schama, who was also there).

Have a better day all those that aren’t 100% atm. (((Group hug)))

Back